Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop Century Question

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Pop Century Question

    Hi guys! So I have a quick question for those who have stayed at the Pop Century before. We are staying there from Dec 10th through the 16th and we payed for the Preferred room upgrade. We also have it noted that we would like a King Bed as there are only two of us. Should I ask for something specific when I arrive? What's the best way of getting a nice view and a king bed? This is my boyfriends first trip to Disney World and I want to make it as memorable as possible. My total price for the room was $488 for the entire stay with my discount, not too shabby!
    Jeff Wayne







  • #2
    Re: Pop Century Question

    well do you want a fridge for your room to hold your drinks, late night snacks, mimosas? Gonna cost you some money per each day you have it.

    Ask to stay in the 60's Building. It's the closest and most active pools and buildings to the main building. PLUS it's just a holding hand and a skip down the bridge to the new Art of Animation building where you can dine, lounge and dive all over the new resort.

    ALSO you can hope on the Art of Animation buses when at the parks and then walk across the bridge back to your room. You know, if the Pop Century buses are late or too busy to board around the time you're leaving the park.

    If you have a room facing the pool then grab some fun stuff to post in the window, stick to it, decorate the window with your own christmas decor. A lot of people decorate their Pop Century 60's pool view windows because you get alot of people traffic who can enjoy it and help create an atmosphere of holiday dazzle.

    If you got the big bucks then you could have Disney put stuff in the room before you check it like flowers, christmas packages that includes candy and mickey mouse, it's from their website Christmas & Holiday Magic Lake Buena Vista florist - flowers Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830 | Disney Floral & Gifts

    Hope you and your boyfriend have a magical time.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Pop Century Question

      Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
      well do you want a fridge for your room to hold your drinks, late night snacks, mimosas? Gonna cost you some money per each day you have it.

      Ask to stay in the 60's Building. It's the closest and most active pools and buildings to the main building. PLUS it's just a holding hand and a skip down the bridge to the new Art of Animation building where you can dine, lounge and dive all over the new resort.

      ALSO you can hope on the Art of Animation buses when at the parks and then walk across the bridge back to your room. You know, if the Pop Century buses are late or too busy to board around the time you're leaving the park.

      If you have a room facing the pool then grab some fun stuff to post in the window, stick to it, decorate the window with your own christmas decor. A lot of people decorate their Pop Century 60's pool view windows because you get alot of people traffic who can enjoy it and help create an atmosphere of holiday dazzle.

      If you got the big bucks then you could have Disney put stuff in the room before you check it like flowers, christmas packages that includes candy and mickey mouse, it's from their website Christmas & Holiday Magic Lake Buena Vista florist - flowers Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830 | Disney Floral & Gifts

      Hope you and your boyfriend have a magical time.
      Thanks for the tips. I know you can get a fridge for free if you have medication.
      Jeff Wayne






      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pop Century Question

        I don't have any tips as to how to get the room you want. However, I did stay at Pop Century in 2009, and I really enjoyed myself. I traveled with my grandson and his mom, and we had connecting rooms. That set up was perfect for us. I asked for the connecting rooms when I made the reservation, and I was delighted when they honored our request. It was nice that the rooms connected, rather than just be next to each other.

        I loved the resort. The giant icons really put me in the Disney mood. I used the foodcourt each morning, and it was very convenient at night after we returned from a long day in the parks. The bus service worked very well. I never waited very long for one.

        Enjoy your stay. You made your requests known. I wish you luck getting them. Wish I knew the secret to 100% success. I'd surely pass it along.
        BarbaraAnn

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pop Century Question

          Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
          I don't have any tips as to how to get the room you want. However, I did stay at Pop Century in 2009, and I really enjoyed myself. I traveled with my grandson and his mom, and we had connecting rooms. That set up was perfect for us. I asked for the connecting rooms when I made the reservation, and I was delighted when they honored our request. It was nice that the rooms connected, rather than just be next to each other.

          I loved the resort. The giant icons really put me in the Disney mood. I used the foodcourt each morning, and it was very convenient at night after we returned from a long day in the parks. The bus service worked very well. I never waited very long for one.

          Enjoy your stay. You made your requests known. I wish you luck getting them. Wish I knew the secret to 100% success. I'd surely pass it along.
          That's great to know that honored your requests! Sounds like you had a great experience!
          Jeff Wayne






          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Pop Century Question

            Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
            Thanks for the tips. I know you can get a fridge for free if you have medication.
            Whaaaaaaaa? Interesting. Thanks for the tip back and thanks Barbaraann!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Pop Century Question

              Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
              Whaaaaaaaa? Interesting. Thanks for the tip back and thanks Barbaraann!!!
              I know right? I have a family member who has insulin that needs to be refridgerated so anytime we don't have one where we're staying (pretty much anywhere), we get one. free. I don't know how. It just happens.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Pop Century Question

                Originally posted by Sunshine711 View Post
                I know right? I have a family member who has insulin that needs to be refridgerated so anytime we don't have one where we're staying (pretty much anywhere), we get one. free. I don't know how. It just happens.
                This is true with practically any hotel. I'm not sure if it's a law or not. It's nice to know just in case you are traveling with medication or kids that need things.
                Jeff Wayne






                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Pop Century Question

                  Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
                  This is true with practically any hotel. I'm not sure if it's a law or not. It's nice to know just in case you are traveling with medication or kids that need things.
                  I think it is, because they can't stop people with certain medical issues from bringing food anywhere, like movie theaters or theme parks that don't typically allow outside food, if they have proof. So why not with a fridge?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Pop Century Question

                    Originally posted by Sunshine711 View Post
                    I think it is, because they can't stop people with certain medical issues from bringing food anywhere, like movie theaters or theme parks that don't typically allow outside food, if they have proof. So why not with a fridge?
                    Sounds about right. I have to stay in hotels for my work and some fellow workers use the medical card to get a fridge. And this is all over the country.
                    Jeff Wayne






                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Pop Century Question

                      It's nice! one of those situations where people who actually need help can get it!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Pop Century Question

                        All rooms at Pop Century come with a fridge now included, so no need to get all diabetic. If the OP payed for a preferred room, then they will be close to Classic Hall anyway, no big deal to me on which bldg you are in. I believe this is the first year that Disney has made a separate category for pool view rooms, so if you want a pool view preferred room, you can book it that way. If the King bed is on your reservation, Disney knows about it. You aren't actually assigned a room in the system until a few days before you arrive, so there's no way to know right now what you'll get. Mention it to the person checking you in before they get all the way through and hand you your packet at the end... you could also see if there are King rooms in other parts of the resort if it's important to you. Some (I'm not sure if all) King rooms double as the handicap accessible rooms with a roll-in shower; they'll be on the first floor. I'm not sure if this affects what you're looking for in a "view". The room numbers are four digits: first number is the building number and the second is the floor, you can tell what floor you're on once you get your room number and ask the CM to change if you want a higher or lower floor. Have fun!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Pop Century Question

                          Originally posted by crlachepinochet View Post
                          All rooms at Pop Century come with a fridge now included, so no need to get all diabetic. If the OP payed for a preferred room, then they will be close to Classic Hall anyway, no big deal to me on which bldg you are in. I believe this is the first year that Disney has made a separate category for pool view rooms, so if you want a pool view preferred room, you can book it that way. If the King bed is on your reservation, Disney knows about it. You aren't actually assigned a room in the system until a few days before you arrive, so there's no way to know right now what you'll get. Mention it to the person checking you in before they get all the way through and hand you your packet at the end... you could also see if there are King rooms in other parts of the resort if it's important to you. Some (I'm not sure if all) King rooms double as the handicap accessible rooms with a roll-in shower; they'll be on the first floor. I'm not sure if this affects what you're looking for in a "view". The room numbers are four digits: first number is the building number and the second is the floor, you can tell what floor you're on once you get your room number and ask the CM to change if you want a higher or lower floor. Have fun!
                          Thank you! This is all very helpful!
                          Jeff Wayne






                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Pop Century Question

                            Originally posted by crlachepinochet View Post
                            Some (I'm not sure if all) King rooms double as the handicap accessible rooms with a roll-in shower; they'll be on the first floor. I'm not sure if this affects what you're looking for in a "view". !
                            Yes, in my experience, the only King bed rooms at the Value resorts are the handicap accessible rooms, which are likely to be on the first floor (not the best views, and not so great for quiet or privacy), and have the option of adjoining to the next room (ditto on quiet and privacy).

                            It might not hurt to call the resort maybe a week before you arrive to inquire about whether your room has been assigned yet, and make one last request. I'm not sure when exactly they assign the rooms, but if you wait until you get there, you might be stuck with whatever they give you, depending on how full the hotel is. But if you paid for a preferred room, you can rest assured that you will be close to the main building, at least.

                            Regardless of how exactly your room turns out, I'm sure you will have a memorable trip! Who needs to spend a bunch of time in the hotel anyways, when there is so much to see and do? Have a great time!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Pop Century Question

                              Originally posted by PBandJ View Post
                              Yes, in my experience, the only King bed rooms at the Value resorts are the handicap accessible rooms, which are likely to be on the first floor (not the best views, and not so great for quiet or privacy), and have the option of adjoining to the next room (ditto on quiet and privacy).

                              It might not hurt to call the resort maybe a week before you arrive to inquire about whether your room has been assigned yet, and make one last request. I'm not sure when exactly they assign the rooms, but if you wait until you get there, you might be stuck with whatever they give you, depending on how full the hotel is. But if you paid for a preferred room, you can rest assured that you will be close to the main building, at least.

                              Regardless of how exactly your room turns out, I'm sure you will have a memorable trip! Who needs to spend a bunch of time in the hotel anyways, when there is so much to see and do? Have a great time!
                              This was exactly our thought, we aren't going to spend much time in the room at all
                              Jeff Wayne






                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Pop Century Question

                                I've been to Disney World twice, both times staying at a value resort (all star music and last trip pop century) and requesting a king bed in advance.
                                Both times the first night was given a room with two doubles (we had to request a room change both times) and the second night on both times we got what they call a king bed (it's just the two doubles pushed together, why they could have done that is advance for our first night I've never figured out). I've been told by different cast members and travel agents that to get a true king bed at a Disney hotel you have to book at a deluxe or above hotel
                                The king bed room are indeed the handicap acessible rooms (you won't get a tub in the bathroom just a walk in shower (make sure you don't leave any clothes or towels on the floor when you shower, as the bathroom floors get wet due to the low lip of the shower area)).
                                Strangely both times we were moved to rooms on upper floors so upper level accessible rooms do exist.
                                The cool thing about changing rooms is they will move all your bags for you during the day, so you don't have to wait or carry all your stuff. Just call the number they give you at the check in desk tell your name, that you have a room change request, your current room number and the number of bags go to the park for the day and when you come back go to the check in desk and they'll give you a new key card and a new room number.
                                Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Pop Century Question

                                  I didn't believe it so I called Pop Century and they just told me the fridges are now included in every room. It's about time.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Pop Century Question

                                    Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                                    I didn't believe it so I called Pop Century and they just told me the fridges are now included in every room. It's about time.
                                    You don't believe me !?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!

                                    I forgot my favorite tip for Pop Century in my last post. When you walk in a normal room with the two doubles (is that the size?), the door almost hits the first bed... not a lot of extra room. My family always pushes the far bed against the wall shared by the bathroom, moves the nightstand close to the door, and then pushes the second bed against the first one. Then you get a giant bed, definitely wider than a King, I would say. Also, there's much more room next to the door for luggage or stroller parking. We have a City Mini double that fits very easily between the beds and the door when we do this. The beds move pretty easily... I can do it by myself with no problem, so at the absolute minimum any two adults should be able to do it. It takes maybe two minutes to do the whole thing with moving the nightstand and the phone. We spend about 30 seconds each morning moving the beds just enough so Mousekeeping can make them. Never had them slide apart at all while we were sleeping on them. Definitely worth it for the luxuriously large bed! The headboards are attached to the wall (not to the bed at all), so you know where to move the bed back to when you check out.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Pop Century Question

                                      Originally posted by crlachepinochet View Post
                                      You don't believe me !?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!

                                      I forgot my favorite tip for Pop Century in my last post. When you walk in a normal room with the two doubles (is that the size?), the door almost hits the first bed... not a lot of extra room. My family always pushes the far bed against the wall shared by the bathroom, moves the nightstand close to the door, and then pushes the second bed against the first one. Then you get a giant bed, definitely wider than a King, I would say. Also, there's much more room next to the door for luggage or stroller parking. We have a City Mini double that fits very easily between the beds and the door when we do this. The beds move pretty easily... I can do it by myself with no problem, so at the absolute minimum any two adults should be able to do it. It takes maybe two minutes to do the whole thing with moving the nightstand and the phone. We spend about 30 seconds each morning moving the beds just enough so Mousekeeping can make them. Never had them slide apart at all while we were sleeping on them. Definitely worth it for the luxuriously large bed! The headboards are attached to the wall (not to the bed at all), so you know where to move the bed back to when you check out.
                                      This is awesome advice! Thank you!
                                      Jeff Wayne






                                      Comment

                                      Get Away Today Footer

                                      Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X