This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Orleans to Sea World

First to say that I've been soaking up great tips from this site for years - thanks everybody.

But now, my parents, myself and my 11 year old are going to be at WDW for the first 9 days in April. We're taking a tour at Sea World in the middle of the trip. Being small town folks in Montana, we're not really inclined to rent a car and drive so...what's the best and hopefully economical way to get from Port Orleans French Quarter to Sea World by 9:15am. Transportation information online is kind of overwhelming - some sites look like a taxi might be cheaper (and more reliable since we have a time constraint), but others imply a taxi is outrageous. I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Re: Port Orleans to Sea World

Welcome to MiceChat from one Montanan to another!

Comment

Mears offers transportation to various parks, I'm not sure if it will be cheaper than a taxi (though it very well might be, even for 5 people).
      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
      on Bay Lake.

Comment

Thanks so much for the welcome and the info - I had found mears and for 4 of us on the shuttle it would be $64 round trip, their taxi service claims it will cost between $16-$20 one way, making it more economical and tailored to our schedule. What worried me was that it seems the general consensus has a taxi being more expensive than shuttles so my small town fish in a big world fishbowl mentality was worried the mears taxi rate might be too good to be true and I could end up hiring a taxi and then find myself with a larger than quoted fare. As long as no one has had anything bad to say about Mears in general, I think I'll go with the taxi option.

Thanks again so much

Comment

I have used Mears a number of times and always had great service. I recommend them as they are usually the cheaper option as well!
          Kristen

www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum
          Authorized Disney Vacation Planners
          kristeng@magicaltravel.com

"To all who come to this happy place.......Welcome!"
          - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaPixies View Post
            Thanks so much for the welcome and the info - I had found mears and for 4 of us on the shuttle it would be $64 round trip, their taxi service claims it will cost between $16-$20 one way, making it more economical and tailored to our schedule. What worried me was that it seems the general consensus has a taxi being more expensive than shuttles so my small town fish in a big world fishbowl mentality was worried the mears taxi rate might be too good to be true and I could end up hiring a taxi and then find myself with a larger than quoted fare. As long as no one has had anything bad to say about Mears in general, I think I'll go with the taxi option.

Thanks again so much
            I think the key word there is "claims", with mears or say a town car you will get a flat rate which you can pay in advance etc. A taxi generally runs on a meter which means the price can vary based on the route taken, amount of time tied up in traffic, etc.

So with the taxi option you may pay more or you may get a bargain but you will be assuming a risk versus a guaranteed rate.
            Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X