Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

    I know I'm in the minority but this probably my favorite mod resort. I like staying in Aruba a being a short walk over the island to the Custom House.

    anyone with me
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

    My husband and I stayed at CBR for our honeymoon and we loved it. I would love to stay there again.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

      we stayed there in '90 and loved it. there would be enough to do there to keep you busy for a whole vacation time.
      sigpic

      Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
      Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

      ~<8O]

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

        We stayed there our first family trip. Well, we started off at ASMovies and it was such a horrible stayed we switched to CBR. Our stay there was glorious. The room was great, the staff was wonderful and the ground were gorgeous.



        Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

          I like their central market house and the pool area.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

            I think they are re-doing the pool
            www.jamboeveryone.com
            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

              I have stayed there a couple of times. It's my favorite moderate resort. My last time there was in 2004 - got engaged that trip!!! My favorite location is Jamaica. There is just something so nice about that walk over the bridge and along the pathway to Old Port Royale in the early morning with a cup of coffee. Shutters is a great restaurant as well. I can't wait to see what the pool will look like after the refurb!
              Kristen
              ____________________

              www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum
              Authorized Disney Vacation Planners
              kristeng@magicaltravel.com



              "To all who come to this happy place.......Welcome!"
              - Walt Disney

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

                Originally posted by Nutz4Disney View Post
                I have stayed there a couple of times. It's my favorite moderate resort. My last time there was in 2004 - got engaged that trip!!! My favorite location is Jamaica. There is just something so nice about that walk over the bridge and along the pathway to Old Port Royale in the early morning with a cup of coffee. Shutters is a great restaurant as well. I can't wait to see what the pool will look like after the refurb!
                I agree. Isn't it Aruba right over the bridge?
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

                  Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                  I think they are re-doing the pool
                  FYI...
                  Old Port Royale Feature Pool is down for refurb 1/7/08 - 9/15/08
                  During this time guests can continue to use the six leisure pools located throughout the resort. Additionally, waterslides for children will be added at the Barbados and Jamaica village pools and enhanced children's recreation activities will be offered.
                  Denise
                  www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

                  Be careful of imitators. Only book with
                  Authorized Disney Vacation Planners!
                  denise@magicaltravel.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

                    Originally posted by Denise View Post
                    FYI...
                    Old Port Royale Feature Pool is down for refurb 1/7/08 - 9/15/08
                    During this time guests can continue to use the six leisure pools located throughout the resort. Additionally, waterslides for children will be added at the Barbados and Jamaica village pools and enhanced children's recreation activities will be offered.
                    I'm interested to see what they do with it
                    www.jamboeveryone.com
                    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

                      This is the only other resort I've stayed at besides the All-Star Resorts, and I agree, It's the best Mod. resort! We liked walking around the resort a lot better than we did walking around All-Star. My family and I all love the Carribean/Tropical theme that gives the resort it's name. When I go back to WDW, I would love to stay here again!
                      Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

                        Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                        I like their central market house and the pool area.
                        I agree. The pool and market place are probbaly the best parts.
                        Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                        I think they are re-doing the pool
                        Why would they redo it? Do you mean like just some touch ups here and there, or total makeover?
                        Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

                          I stayed there some time in the 90's and had a great time. Everyone was friendly. Same experience at Port Orleans. But I can honestly say I never really had a bad trip to WDW no matter which hotel I stay out. Unfortunately for me now due to economic reasons, its all value resorts. Pop Century here I come!!
                          Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

                          ΔΜΧΑ

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

                            Originally posted by AlwaysImagineer View Post

                            Why would they redo it? Do you mean like just some touch ups here and there, or total makeover?
                            I am not sure what the plan is, but it is shut down for 8+ months which would seem to be more than a touch up
                            www.jamboeveryone.com
                            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Who Loves the Caribbean Beach

                              Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                              I am not sure what the plan is, but it is shut down for 8+ months which would seem to be more than a touch up
                              I would guess it would keep to theme at least. Just maybe a new pool shape or a character's face painted on the bottom of the pool or something.
                              Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X