Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

I need help with dining

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need help with dining

    I have made reservations to several places and am keeping them as there buffet style places and the food can be eaten by me. ( they all have huge salad choices and basmati rice,Fruit & vegetable tofu curry,black bean & mango salad,cuscus you name it.
    But I did make a mistake in a few places like the Biergarten as I wanted to see the show there but did not really do much in looking at there foods. well I can not eat the food there, and I assume vegan/vegitarian is not on the menu :lol:
    what do you recomend for a nice sit down that will have good vegan/vegitarian foods? oh and I think Ohana is out to, I will have to find there menu but I am not sure about this place either.
    thank you

  • #2
    Re: I need help with dining

    You can access all the menus on Allears.net. I always use that website to look up menus before I plan my meals for a Disney World trip.
    BarbaraAnn

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I need help with dining

      You can access all the menus on Allears.net. I always use that website to look up menus before I plan my meals for a Disney World trip.
      BarbaraAnn

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I need help with dining

        If you need vegan options, let your server know and they can usually accommodate you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I need help with dining

          If you need vegan options, let your server know and they can usually accommodate you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I need help with dining

            :lol: i see everyone is posting 2 times :lmao: thanks girls i am off to look. and you mean they will cook vegan for me??

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I need help with dining

              May I ask what kind of vegetarian are you? I'm hearing the word 'vegan' which means you don't do any dairy or 'anything with a face,' as my friend says it.

              He is a vegan too, but he is willing, whilst traveling to endure chicken and fish and daily--but only when traveling.

              We took him with us on a recent trip and it was not that difficult for him to find things. Disney is really good about having recommendations on the ready. I'd go and research 'All-ear.net' as well, for that's what we did before making reservations.

              As for the restaurants themselves, we did not eat in the resorts, per se, but kept our meals at the parks. Epcot had the widest selections, understandably so.

              Peace and good eats!
              Roo
              husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I need help with dining

                Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
                May I ask what kind of vegetarian are you? I'm hearing the word 'vegan' which means you don't do any dairy or 'anything with a face,' as my friend says it.

                He is a vegan too, but he is willing, whilst traveling to endure chicken and fish and daily--but only when traveling.

                We took him with us on a recent trip and it was not that difficult for him to find things. Disney is really good about having recommendations on the ready. I'd go and research 'All-ear.net' as well, for that's what we did before making reservations.

                As for the restaurants themselves, we did not eat in the resorts, per se, but kept our meals at the parks. Epcot had the widest selections, understandably so.

                Peace and good eats!
                Roo
                I have been vegan, but I did eat fish this week. it went down fine and tasted sooooo good. so I may end up eating fish now. but I had ice cream yesterday, man was I sick this morning! I know that I am going to have to be careful, but I went to all ears net and man there is lots of food choices so it will make it easier on me. No more dairy, and I just can not chocke chicken down..... hummm that did not sound good did it any ways no beef, none of that. fish, well I do not have a problem with fish, so I may add this to my diet on a regular basis. I love that... you do not eat anything with a face :lmao: sooooo funny! so maybe I can not call my self vegan now that I ate fish, hummmmmm I guess I better find a new name for my eating choices :lol:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I need help with dining

                  Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                  so maybe I can not call my self vegan now that I ate fish, hummmmmm I guess I better find a new name for my eating choices :lol:
                  Hakuna-ism? Makarlateritism?

                  I come from an ethnic family and when I dated a vegan, it was like in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding."

                  "Ma, he doesn't eat meat."

                  "Wha? He's one of those hippies?"

                  "Ma, there are no more hippies. He does it for health reasons..."

                  "But he doesn't eat meat? And you trust him?"

                  I just shook my head.

                  Okay, well, if you can down fish that's good, that will open some more doors for you. But I do understand the eating situation. Again, coming from a standpoint of an ethnic family--we'd drive a good two hundred miles out of our way on vacation to find a specific bakery--food is part of the fun.

                  Interestingly, when I have free time, I'll look at those same menus on Allears and find stuff I wanna try on my next trip. We discovered the s'mores at the Prime Time Cafe that way!

                  Good luck!

                  Peace,
                  Roo
                  husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I need help with dining

                    Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
                    Hakuna-ism? Makarlateritism?

                    I come from an ethnic family and when I dated a vegan, it was like in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding."

                    "Ma, he doesn't eat meat."

                    "Wha? He's one of those hippies?"

                    "Ma, there are no more hippies. He does it for health reasons..."

                    "But he doesn't eat meat? And you trust him?"

                    I just shook my head.

                    Okay, well, if you can down fish that's good, that will open some more doors for you. But I do understand the eating situation. Again, coming from a standpoint of an ethnic family--we'd drive a good two hundred miles out of our way on vacation to find a specific bakery--food is part of the fun.

                    Interestingly, when I have free time, I'll look at those same menus on Allears and find stuff I wanna try on my next trip. We discovered the s'mores at the Prime Time Cafe that way!

                    Good luck!

                    Peace,
                    Roo
                    :lmao: :lmao: oh man I am laughing so hard right now !!! Yeah, I used to think vegans were some nut cracking idiots... Now I feel bad for being judgemental. I do it because I am fat and I feel better then I have in years when I stay clear of fat, and all that goes with it. vegan was just easy for me ( yeas some will say not true) but it is. there are m0re foods for vegans then ever, and its about the easiest way for me to cook. I do not push it on my kids. one is a carnivore, totally and with out a doubt :lol: he is my 6 year old. the 7 year old will not touch meat. not because I will not, but because some vegan kid at school told him he was killing animals and showed him pictures I was so freaked out about this. but to this day he refuses to eat meat.My Rachal, she eats anything, , if there is something with meat in it she will not hesitate. I usually make 2 meals, one with meat for the little guy, and the rest vegan. we do a lot of taco's with tvp, and spagetti, soups, split peas, black beans, rise etc. I am not loosing weight fast, but it is coming off slowly. 47 pounds over the last 10 months.my sister went vegan a year ago, nothing ever passes her lips none vegan. down to her shoes :lol: I am sure there are lots of options there in the WDW erea. I got the dining plan, now I regret it. but I do not want to loose money by canceling it. I will study hard the menu's and come back with a nice trip report. and I will have my kids do one to from there perspectives. it should be fun!!they will have there own camera's as well. my 6 year old today said to me when I asked him to go on a walk... no mom, I hate to walk lets drive... I said son we will be 3walking around 8 miles a day in the parks, he says well lets bring my bike ok. :lmao:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I need help with dining

                      I can't eat garlic. If there is too much of it in my food, I get a bad headache. I then feel really sick. The restaurants at WDW asked me about allergies, and I mentioned it. They then showed me which items on the menu did not have garlic, or they could prepare it a little differently, leaving the garlic out. I was impressed.
                      BarbaraAnn

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I need help with dining

                        We had a nice pasta dinner at Tony's - on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. I'm sure the big meatball is optional.
                        sigpic
                        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I need help with dining

                          I enjoyed the spaghetti at Tony's Restaurant as well. The spaghetti is enough for two people. The portion is huge.
                          BarbaraAnn

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X