Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

DEBATE LOUNGE MOVED

2 of 3 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

3 of 3 < >

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

Mansion Hallway- WDI Alternative Concept

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansion Hallway- WDI Alternative Concept

The Haunted Mansion was set to have a very different looking hallway than what was originally designed. Take a look at this seldom seen piece from a mid 60s guidebook: www.insightsandsounds.blogspot.com
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Re: Mansion Hallway- WDI Alternative Concept

I'd have to quibble with your choice of words, but then its just semantics. The artwork is not "seldom seen" - at least to any Mansion fanatic. It is one of two pieces depicting a transforming hallway and linked to Rolly Crump's Museum of the Weird concept. The Museum was to be a pre-show or post-show walkthrough, but with the inclusion of the Omnimover Doombuggies most walkthrough elements were discarded.

There are photos somewhere of Rolly surrounded by models of his Weird creations, and some of them - like the face in the chair, the faces in the wallpaper, or the faces in the woodwoork, made it into the final version of the Mansion.

Comment

Thats nice, seen it before, DONT MESS WITH THE HALLWAY ITS MY FAVORITE ROOM!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

sigpic

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
      — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Comment

Interesting- I have never seen it anywhere BUT the 60s guidebook, but I have heard it was around somewhere. Hence my careful choice of words. Gotta admit, regardless, it is cool to see what else was on their mind!
        Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
        www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X