Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

2 of 2 < >

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

ghost? ahaha!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghost? ahaha!

Ghoststudy.com - Gallery!

Re: ghost? ahaha!

Looks kinda like a flash reflection to me.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

that's what I thought!
      I just found it funny!

Comment

Great...that site just tried to send me a trojan.

Comment

It is simply light from the parade route and flashes reflecting off the surface of the float. Even though it is matte finished, light reflects off of it, otherwise it would be completely invisible and rather moot.

This is an example of something called:
          pareidolia (payr.eye.DOH.lee.uh) n. The erroneous or fanciful perception of a pattern or meaning in something that is actually ambiguous or random.

Since birth, your brain has been training itself to pick out and recognize a single most important shape... the human face. Your brain is SO good at this, in fact, that it even tries to make sense of shapes roughly approximating a face. This is why you can see a man in the moon, or shapes in the clouds. Your brain is trying to make sense of the random shapes and so it puts them together in a patter that you do recognize.

There are a lot of examples of this floating around on the internet. A good one, explained, is here:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=fjMh6e_wxbY

This happened, similarly, with the "Face on Mars" back in the late 70s up until now. There are thousands of examples of this, and probably a fair number of things that each of us sees every week where we recognize a face shape, even though there isn't one there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I've heard of this before...Makes alot of sense!

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
            It is simply light from the parade route and flashes reflecting off the surface of the float. Even though it is matte finished, light reflects off of it, otherwise it would be completely invisible and rather moot.

This is an example of something called:
            pareidolia (payr.eye.DOH.lee.uh) n. The erroneous or fanciful perception of a pattern or meaning in something that is actually ambiguous or random.

Since birth, your brain has been training itself to pick out and recognize a single most important shape... the human face. Your brain is SO good at this, in fact, that it even tries to make sense of shapes roughly approximating a face. This is why you can see a man in the moon, or shapes in the clouds. Your brain is trying to make sense of the random shapes and so it puts them together in a patter that you do recognize.

There are a lot of examples of this floating around on the internet. A good one, explained, is here:
            YouTube - Grey Behind Bush Debunk

This happened, similarly, with the "Face on Mars" back in the late 70s up until now. There are thousands of examples of this, and probably a fair number of things that each of us sees every week where we recognize a face shape, even though there isn't one there.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X