Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

Fantasyland Forest Being Revised

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasyland Forest Being Revised

Apparantly all of Fantasyland Forest (Save for TLM and Be our Guest) is being revised

Jim Hill reports:Are Disney's plans for WDW's Fantasyland Forest now being revised? - Jim Hill - Editor In Chief - JimHillMedia: Walt Disney Company news, reviews, history & commentary, Jim Hill
    Last edited by Ckelef1; 07-20-2010, 05:43 PM.

Re: Fantasyland Forest Being Revised

It's Jim Hill. I'll believe it when I see it. I trust news from my cat before I trust him.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
      It's Jim Hill. I'll believe it when I see it. I trust news from my cat before I trust him.
      Be nice to Jim, and he is spot on in this article.
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

just wondering, why was this moved to the community outpost? im not advertising the article. im just sharing it

Comment

Normally I would agree that Jim Hill should not be trusted, as he is wrong far more often than he is right. (One gets the impression that he's just floating random plausible rumors and every once in a while one comes true.) But there are far too many rumblings about this from far too many sources all at the same time for this to be a JHM invention... I remain cautiously optimistic that TDO might be making a well thought out course correction by supplementing the FLE w/ non-princess/pixie themed attractions. We shall see...
          I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
          -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

I believe that if Imagineering is revising something, it's for the better (unless an exec gets involved).
            YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

"And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
            -Drawn to the Magic

"Remember...dreams come true"
            -Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
            -Mickey Mouse

"Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
            -Fantasmic!

"Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
            -Walt Disney.

"Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
            -SorcererHero5571

Comment

Sadly, it looks to me like they are only continuing the recent trend of no longer re-investing in the Walt-era characters but only in the 80's-forward properties - - further pushing the Walt era into archival "history".

The Fantasyland Forest cuts look to include Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty -- while the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast elements go forward as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                Sadly, it looks to me like they are only continuing the recent trend of no longer re-investing in the Walt-era characters but only in the 80's-forward properties - - further pushing the Walt era into archival "history".

The Fantasyland Forest cuts look to include Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty -- while the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast elements go forward as planned.
                would you rather they kept those 3 princesses as meet n greets? I'm all for including walt's angels (my nickname for those princesses), but not if they only get a meet n greet. the least they deserve is a dark ride. and snow white already has a ride.

Comment

I like the idea of attractions that reach a broader audience but I don't like the idea of this taking any longer.
                  -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

>>would you rather they kept those 3 princesses as meet n greets? I'm all for including walt's angels (my nickname for those princesses), but not if they only get a meet n greet. the least they deserve is a dark ride. and snow white already has a ride.<<

Better than nothing, especially if the facades are nice and they help perpetuate Walt's characters.

Comment

snow white wasn't in the original plans. Seems strange that only half the area is going to be developed since it's supposed to meld into the new dumbo and pixie hollow areas. so you are going to have half the exansion, then a big empty area and then dumbo circus. that really doesn't make much sense.

Comment

>>snow white wasn't in the original plans.<<

Actually I think she was the first to go a while back - - the original proposal featured a Seven Dwarfs Diamond Mine Coaster, didn't it? I seem to recall that from somewhere...

Comment

I hope they will question the sanity of two Dumbo rides.
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

The whole article seems way off. !st, there is not remaining wall of the 20K show building. 2nd even if there was, keeping one wall does not allow you to call it a "renovation". Saying so does not make it so.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                              >>snow white wasn't in the original plans.<<

Actually I think she was the first to go a while back - - the original proposal featured a Seven Dwarfs Diamond Mine Coaster, didn't it? I seem to recall that from somewhere...
                              That was a few years ago... (Currently) unrelated to the Fantasyland Expansion.
                              -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X