Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

La Conchita Remembered 1/7

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Conchita Remembered 1/7

I just wanted to let anyone interested know that there's a special remembrance being planned to mark the one-year anniversary of the mudslide that killed 10 people in the seaside hamlet of La Conchita, CA - the place where I am proud to say I live.
    My residence is about four blocks away from where the mud came crashing down on January 10, 2005. I was at least acquainted with almost everyone who died in a matter of seconds on that fateful day.
    Our community has bounced back nicely. While issues still go on over who might have been at fault for the instability of the hillside overlooking Highway 101 and the Pacific Ocean, we remain an eclectic and vibrant community that is thriving.
    The event is planned for Saturday, January 7th at Noon.
    We appreciate the prayers and best wishes that we as a community have received from around the world over the past year.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: La Conchita Remembered 1/7

Definately a tragedy that all of Ventura County felt.

Our thoughts will be with you on the 7th Barry.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X