Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

Retired DisneyWorld and Las Vegas Mark IV Retired Monorail Found! For Sale on Ebay

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired DisneyWorld and Las Vegas Mark IV Retired Monorail Found! For Sale on Ebay

Good Evening,

I was fortunate enough to come across the LAST complete Mark IV monorail from Disney World retired and stored in the desert. It was one of two that were sold and refurbished as the first Las Vegas monorail system. After being retired again, they were stored in the desert.

One was destroyed after being used as props in a monster truck show. The other I have purchased part of for restoration, the other engine and passenger car is being sold on Ebay.

The auction ends in a couple days, but it is an excellent opportunity if anyone is looking for a real "prop" and has the room.

Retired Disneyworld Las Vegas Monorail Train Locomotive Passenger Car | eBay

Please help us spread the word so we can get this old girl a good home.

Re: Retired DisneyWorld and Las Vegas Mark IV Retired Monorail Found! For Sale on Eb

Hopefully someone doesn't bring it back to FL. The humidity would destroy it.

I say keep it in the desert. It will last there.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Re: Retired DisneyWorld and Las Vegas Mark IV Retired Monorail Found! For Sale on Eb

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	7360053Click image for larger version

Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	7360061Click image for larger version

Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	7360060Click image for larger version

Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	7360059Click image for larger version

Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	7360058Click image for larger version

Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	7360057
      Attached Files

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

This does not look like a WDW monorail. It may be the same model, but I can bet didn't run on the WDW tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
          This does not look like a WDW monorail. It may be the same model, but I can bet didn't run on the WDW tracks.
          The front nose fascia has been changed, but the rest of it looks like the old Mark IV series. I rode these quite a bit back in the 1970s; loks like the interior on the auction mobnorail are identical in layout to the old WDW trains (except the Disney seats were brown, not white).Also, look here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qjg9rmJxF0
          Last edited by chris2fett; 04-13-2015, 05:25 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by chris2fett View Post
            The front nose fascia has been changed, but the rest of it looks like the old Mark IV series. I rode these quite a bit back in the 1970s; loks like the interior on the auction mobnorail are identical in layout to the old WDW trains (except the Disney seats were brown, not white).Also, look here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qjg9rmJxF0
            Lol, I'm friends with Adam. I saw that post when it was on craigslist.

This monorail is not from WDW and I am convinced the OP was intednded just to drum up views to the ebay listing.

Comment

The auction states the manufacturer is Bombardier, weren't the Disney monorails Alweg? Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
              -Brian - Find me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
                Lol, I'm friends with Adam. I saw that post when it was on craigslist.

This monorail is not from WDW and I am convinced the OP was intednded just to drum up views to the ebay listing.
                The Bally's-MGM Monorail did in fact use ex-WDW trains manufactured by Bombardier, Coral and Lime to be exact, modified to be used on the Las Vegas line. When the line expanded to the whole strip, these Mark IV's were retired to a junkyard to be replaced by autonomous M-VI's (not exactly the Mark VI used at WDW but a similar make and chassis).

Originally posted by bamato View Post
                The auction states the manufacturer is Bombardier, weren't the Disney monorails Alweg? Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
                Monorails Mark I-III were made by Alweg. Both Mark IV's and Mark VI's (current ones) were manufactured by Bombardier. Mark V's at DL were manufactured by Ride and Show Engineering, Inc and Mark VII's were mostly made by WDI.

It is truly sad to hear that the other train was demolished in a monster truck show and that this one is in it's current condition. When pulled off the Las Vegas line, they were both in pretty good condition.

Comment

Both the Las Vegas Monorail and Mark IV monorail wikipedia pages confirm Coral and Lime's use on the MGM Grand-Bally's Monorail line.

Comment

I was wondering what one would do with a monorail train in such rough condition but a monster truck demolition had not crossed my mind in the least.

:P

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X