Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

2 of 2 < >

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

Once upon a Train: Metrolink to Disneyland and Beyond

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once upon a Train: Metrolink to Disneyland and Beyond

Click image for larger version

Name:	10933910_10153044334648665_6377007233499842542_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	7377543

Once Upon A Train

Use #onceuponatrain to enter photos into O.C. Metrolink's contest. Captions should include stories of places visited by way of the regional rail network.

Re: Once upon a Train: Metrolink to Disneyland and Beyond

You know the rules, no politics.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CCT-TRAIN-1113.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	7360611

Comment

The $10 Weekend Day Pass provides unlimited travel throughout southern California on any Saturday or Sunday:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqW_Mn0YTMU

Comment

So for my family of 4, it would be $40 in train fare and stuck to their schedule.

If I lived close it would be $10 in gas (max) and $17 to park. And I get to keep my own schedule.

Why take the train?

Comment

Traffic near the ARTIC can be worse than the resort. I've been in that area during a game. I avoid it if the Ducks or Angels are playing.

Comment

You're just gonna keep beating this drum, aren't you?

Comment

Well, the car culture is so deeply rooted in California that Disney created an entire land devoted to it in DCA, so this is probably going nowhere fast.

Comment

In order for me to take the train, I would need to drive 30 miles to get to the nearest train station. Then have to stick to their schedule. I might as well just drive the additional 30 miles to Disneyland, go when I want, and leave when I want. So Cal is designed to take advantage of mass transit.

Comment

deleted. I indulged in a bit of snark, then thought better of it. Obeying the Mice Chat Code, me.
                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

If they ran the trains at decent times, I would consider it. But they start too late and end too early.
                      Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

If we ever get a train system as efficient as Japan, this may work

But I dont see that anytime soon
                        There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                        -Dr. Strange

Comment

In contrast to Disneyland, which really isn't that well served by transit, USH is actually very accessible by transit. Probably the most transit accessible major theme park in the country, in fact. Yet they're still building 2 massive parking structures as part of their expansion.

Comment

We are way way off from this happening anytime soon! I look forward to hopefully parking AT Disneyland in the future.

Comment

Can someone ban @PragmaticIdealist from this site.

Comment

Originally posted by RichP1269 View Post
                                So for my family of 4, it would be $40 in train fare and stuck to their schedule.

If I lived close it would be $10 in gas (max) and $17 to park. And I get to keep my own schedule.

Why take the train?
                                Not everyone travels in packs of four.

Comment

Originally posted by SSG View Post
                                  Well, the car culture is so deeply rooted in California that Disney created an entire land devoted to it in DCA, so this is probably going nowhere fast.
                                  Disneyland has a railroad, horse-drawn streetcars, omnibuses, monorail trains, and people-movers, too. D.C.A. also added a reincarnation of southern California's Pacific Electric Red Cars, the largest trolley system in the world. And, of course, let's not forget Roger Rabbit in Mickey's Toontown.

https://youtu.be/OquSczOMkO4

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
                                    If they ran the trains at decent times, I would consider it. But they start too late and end too early.
                                    Your concern is precisely the point. The only thing preventing Metrolink from increasing service frequency and running more late-night trains is ridership.

Metrolink has to do more market development and that requires greater cooperation from and coordination with Disneyland.

The railway works with all sorts of private interests, including the Angels and the Ducks, on similar endeavors. When an event or an activity center is generating such a huge number of car and truck trips, obviously mass transit makes sense for efficiently bringing people to and from the site and for reducing the adverse impacts of all that travel.

Comment

Originally posted by DsnyRnr View Post
                                      In order for me to take the train, I would need to drive 30 miles to get to the nearest train station. Then have to stick to their schedule. I might as well just drive the additional 30 miles to Disneyland, go when I want, and leave when I want. So Cal is designed to take advantage of mass transit.
                                      Again, most residents of southern California live very close to Metrolink, Coaster, Sprinter, and Pacific Surfliner train stations, to L.A. Metro subway, light-rail, and B.R.T. lines, and to San Diego Trolleys.

Metrolink connects directly with Bob Hope International Airport in Burbank, and FlyAway shuttles run continually between LAX and Union Station.

Moreover, the more than 10,000 spaces of terrace parking currently in existence at Disneyland will still be there regardless of whether or not another 5,000 are added. And, again, service frequency is mostly a function of ridership.

Providing frequent trains running at all hours of the day and night simply requires more Disneyland guests to know that such trains are available and to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by sheetz View Post
                                        In contrast to Disneyland, which really isn't that well served by transit, USH is actually very accessible by transit. Probably the most transit accessible major theme park in the country, in fact.
                                        As someone who has used both Metrolink to Disneyland and the L.A. Metro Red Line to Universal Studios, I can attest that the latter is far more awkward.

The only issue with Metrolink is the service frequency midday, late at night, and on the weekends, and, again, this deficiency is a function of too many commuters taking the train relative to the number of Disneyland guests doing so.

L.A. Metro runs frequent subway service, and those trains are packed right now. Conversely, Metrolink has access to tracks that the railway is simply underutilizing.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X