Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

I just purchased song of the south.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just purchased song of the south.

Am i allowed to post this?

Well i was checking out this site last week and i was thinking? Hey! I want that! So i bought it for 37.99 on DVD. I got it in the mail today. Its from Canada and its 100% legit.

This is no spammer on barfownz's account. This is really barfownz. I'm just very excited!

Heres the link: http://geocities.com/songofthesouthdvd/buy

Mods: If i'm not allowed to post this, please earse the thread. Thank you.

Re: I just purchased song of the south.

thanks for the heads up.....now i'm gonna hacve to get myself one!

Comment

How is the copy?

Comment

Yeah! i bought mine for $37.99. on DVD and it came today like a real DVD! With a DVD menu paper, collectible art and the movie trailer is in there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywaygrl View Post
          How is the copy?
          Its not a burned copy. Its the real legit DVD.

Comment

i wanna know why canada gets it and not us?

grrr i hope iger changes his position on releasing this film, i would really love it to become available to the american public!
            Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Well... Every continent and country has it but the U.S.A. My DVD was from Canada, though.

Comment

because Canada doesn't have the same history as the US. America didn't treat blacks so well from the time they got here to even today...not to mention we all have our thumbs up our butts and can't get over things.....i love my country...but i'm tired of having to be PC all the time....

Comment

Yup, I'l try and watch this DVD tomorrow.

Comment

Watched the whole thing on youtube several months ago. I don't want to start this thread down an out of control path, but I thought the African Americans were much better portrayed than the jerky white kids, so I don't know why everyone is always so up in arms about the portrayal of African Americans in this film. I just watched it for the cartoons, anyway, just like when I was a kid. I don't care for the live action parts. Overall, I think this movie gets much more publicity than is necessary.
                    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

honestly, i think the NAACP would be after Gone With the Wind if hattie hadn't gotten an oscar for it......Everyone(those pc people we all kow and hate) just want to pretend slavery never happened....

i say its our history, good or bad, we should embrace ALL of it...those that forget the past are sure to repeat it right?

edit again, lol

i am reminded of a webcast i listsened to lastnight...

they were discussing this woman back east who wants to remove the harry potter books from the library in her school....they said that you can't go around saying wha someone wants to expose themselves and kids too...you know what they SHOULD do is just wput a label on it "the NAACP as well as other groups have protested this movie for its depictions of African Americans as igorant and/or "stupid" and inferior....you have been warned" then any one can choose if they wanna watch it or not...
                      Last edited by krystledm; 12-19-2006, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Does your DVD have the easter egg cartoon (titled Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs, it's a dramatic relic of the period that created it, contains many outrageous racial stereotypes)l? I would surmise that your copy is just a pressed copy of the same laserdisc rip that has been around forever now. And notice that the cartoon is a Merry Melody, a Warner Brothers cartoon? I don't think a legitimate Disney DVD would contain that.

For the curious, you can see the cartoon on youtube:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEgpyc3-LS8

Keep in mind it is a relic of the past, and does not reflect modern values and sensitivities. Treat it as such and view at your own risk.
                        Last edited by Sosai X; 12-19-2006, 12:50 AM.

Comment

see sasai, thats what i'm talkin about, just warn um and let them be!

Comment

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
                            because Canada doesn't have the same history as the US. America didn't treat blacks so well from the time they got here to even today...not to mention we all have our thumbs up our butts and can't get over things.....i love my country...but i'm tired of having to be PC all the time....

Considering that America managed to abolish slavery, and black people do better here than anywhere else- and given that slavery continues in Africa- I would say we have done fine thanks.

The PC BS is what keeps them from releasing it- which is crap. I am sick of the effort to whitewash history as if we never lived it- how can we see how things have changed and improved if we pretend the past never happened.

Comment

I'm not sure if it has an easter egg. I'm trying to find it myself.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X