Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

Rumor Round-Up: Disney Gallery and Year of a Million Dreams' new decorations

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor Round-Up: Disney Gallery and Year of a Million Dreams' new decorations

MousePlanet.com's weekly Disneyland update has some new details on the Disney Gallery and the new Year of a Million Dreams decorations that will be replacing the Where Dreams Come True decorations:
    Disney Gallery's 20th—and final—anniversary

[Please do not copy/paste entire sections of other sites' articles. Thanks! -MM]
    The (Year+) of a (Million+) Dreams

[Please do not copy/paste entire sections of other sites' articles. Thanks! -MM]
    Also in the MousePlanet update, a photo behind the construction walls by the Disney Gallery/Pirates of the Caribbean notes the work as only a paving project - not as an installation of an elevator.

Generally speaking, MousePlanet usually gets the news right on and doesn't report in the weekly update until its dead certain. So to everybody who said they wouldn't believe the rumors of the Gallery's closure until they saw it - well, you might as well believe it now.

Also, I'm glad the suits in TDA took this opportunity to get tasteful YOAMD decorations and instead decided to put a huge set of blue-and-silver video-screen'd Mickey ears that advertises that Resort people are already at.

Sometimes I wonder if they'll ever get it.
    Last edited by Monorail Man; 07-09-2007, 03:42 PM. Reason: Please do not copy/paste entire sections of other sites' articles. Thanks!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: Rumor Round-Up: Disney Gallery and Year of a Million Dreams' new decorations

Sounds like bad news all around.

Comment

Re: Rumor Round-Up: Disney Gallery and Year of a Million Dreams' new decorations

I can confirm that the Disney Gallery is closing on the 31st...

As for the change in decor

Here are some of the new banners...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...70933089/Large

And work on the actual POTC Building (aka INSIDE) check out the Black Drapes in the windows. An elevator IS being installed.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...70941903/Large
      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

At least those banners are better than the others were.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
          At least those banners are better than the others were.
          It's a small consolation.

Comment

Call me Dory, what did the other banners look like?
            "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

sigpic
            All means ALL

Comment

Man, what a bummer. Just lost a lot of respect for Disney... :thumbdown

Oh well, hopefully when this never-ending promotion ends, the Disney Gallery will be brought back or an even better exhibit in its place...but I doubt that will ever happen. Disney will probably start renting them out for years to come... or give it away to Club 33...

MasterGracey, thanks for the sad update though...
              Last edited by Maleficent Fan; 07-09-2007, 05:38 AM.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
              FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
              Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

Comment

Change can be good.

Comment

The telephone number, incidentally, for Disneyland Resort is (714) 781-4000.

Comment

Very pissed. But I'm glad I booked my annual trip prior to the closing.
                    sigpic
                    When attractions were original

Comment

I thought they were canceling the YOAMD

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
                      -Albert Einstein
                      sigpic

Comment

what the hell is going on?

city hall before its too late!!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post

Also, I'm glad the suits in TDA took this opportunity to get tasteful YOAMD decorations and instead decided to put a huge set of blue-and-silver video-screen'd Mickey ears that advertises that Resort people are already at.
                          Seems like they're taking lessons from the BAH in Disney MGM Studios. At least it's not turning into a pin store. Or blocking any theming.
                          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by FoundMyHappyPlace View Post
                            Call me Dory, what did the other banners look like?
                            they were like purple "leaves" things

Comment

Sad news indeed. Gonna be interesting, to say the least, to see how things turn out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X