Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

Interesting comment about Ed Grier getting lost backstage

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting comment about Ed Grier getting lost backstage

Interesting to see an old "insider" over at LaughingPlace making their first post in years in this thread...

http://mb./MsgBoard-T-90245-P-5.asp?C=1

Ed Grier is really the most useless and pointless "President" that the Resort has ever had. He is basically a spokesmodel for his Burbank bosses. Worse, the stories about Grier being out of touch and unseen to the Cast are all true. The man has been working there for a year and just the other day he got lost behind the Pirates and Indy show buildings and couldn't figure out how to get back into the park. A few folks from the WDI trailers nearby watched him struggle with blank walls and dead end alleys before he finally figured out how to get back into the Park himself. He's a nice enough guy one on one, but unseen and unfelt by 99.5% of the hourly and salaried Cast in Anaheim.

Much more at the link....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Interesting comment about Ed Grier getting lost backstage

I wouldn't blame him. I'd get lost back there too...

Also, miraculously, I actually saw Grier at my location during a Grad Nite this year, so I was about 20 feet from him, but I didn't get a chance to talk.

Comment

Is this really surprising?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Ha! Maybe that's why we almost never see him in the park.

*Darn it! Where's that door?? I know it's around here somewhere!*

Comment

lets call this game finding ed. lol.

Comment

Personally, I find the rest of this member's post much more interesting. Coments about keeping "People Moving" et al.

Comment

Heck, I'd get lost back there too - but at least I'd have a valid reason for it, as I'm not a Cast Member and would have no reason to be back there to learn my way around. But even considering that I'd still have my bearings and a rough idea of where everything is laid out.

That, and there's supposed to be really good signage leading people back into the Parks. All you have to do is open your eyes and read.

Ed's been running the place for over a year, and he hasn't wandered around enough Backstage to get his bearings yet? Something is seriously wrong with that statement...

A good manager knows the people who work for him and pretty much everything that goes on in the store he runs, and there's only one way to find that out. You have to get out there and meet them, find out what the working conditions are, see if they need any problems solved. And you can't do that from your bunker inside the "Hotdog Building".

--<< Bruce >>--
              There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

As a former CM, I can say that backstage is HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!! It's hard to navigate around with all the tunnels and pathways.

Comment

And he, like Jay Rasulo, is a "yes" man.

Give this guy a fricking map!

Comment

who hired him in the first place??????????

Comment

See the post above yours for the answer.

Here's a hint. His name is "Jay Rasulo".

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                        As a former CM, I can say that backstage is HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!! It's hard to navigate around with all the tunnels and pathways.
                        Yeah I've been backstage a few times for MMD and i could see it being very easy to get lost back there
                        Is this haunted signature
                        actually
                        stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                        Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                        also known as...
                        Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                          Yeah, but he's had a year now to get used to his new surroundings. And he still isn't?

What's be been doing all this time? Can't even take a few days out of the year to walk around backstage and through the parks to get used to everything?

Isn't it sort of his job as President of the Disneyland Resort to know the Resort? I understand that it's a big place, but still, he's President.

Meh.

Comment

That's disappointing. Even I could get back into the park from there--and I've never been through that part of backstage!

::thinks about it, realizes that most of the routes he knows of would involve opening doors into the show buildings, thereby letting daylight in and ruining it for the guests::

::thinks some more, realizes that if worst came to worst, he'd just wander over to the Splash Mountain show building and take the path beneath the start of the big lift hill, entering Critter Country next to the Splash Mountain exit::

How angering. The guy has free reign over areas that I've literally dreamt of exploring, and he gets paid to not even care enough to learn his way around. That makes me very mad.

Comment

Here's a little secret to you all: The trees on the park map are non existant, it is ALL backstage areas

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                                Isn't it sort of his job as President of the Disneyland Resort to know the Resort? I understand that it's a big place, but still, he's President.

Meh.
                                Yeah, he works nearby.............. like in the TDA BUILDING??!?!?!?! He can't take some time exploring the backstage areas!! It's not like he works out of Burbank.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                                  :the path beneath the start of the big lift hill, entering Critter Country next to the Splash Mountain exit:
                                  Not unless you want to get in a tussle with a trash compactor.

Comment

Originally posted by wave789 View Post
                                    I wouldn't blame him. I'd get lost back there too...

Also, miraculously, I actually saw Grier at my location during a Grad Nite this year, so I was about 20 feet from him, but I didn't get a chance to talk.

You had the perfect shot to take me out.

Comment

Is this really surprising?
                                      Does it really matter?

What's be been doing all this time? Can't even take a few days out of the year to walk around backstage and through the parks to get used to everything?
                                      Of course he can, and obviously he does, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about him getting lost backstage. You can't get lost back there if you never go.

But how does this have any bearing on his ability to be a good President? I doubt George Bush knows any good Thai restaurants in Anaheim.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
                                        Of course he can, and obviously he does, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about him getting lost backstage. You can't get lost back there if you never go.

But how does this have any bearing on his ability to be a good President? I doubt George Bush knows any good Thai restaurants in Anaheim.
                                        The point was that he doesn't get out there enough.

And is it really a good idea to compare our nation's idiot president with the likes of Ed Grier? I'd think a supporter of Ed's could find a better comparison.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X