Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

The Disneyland Problem

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Disneyland Problem

Hey friends, on my latest podcast, a couple YouTube friends and I (Alex the Historian and Ready Set Disney) talked about "The Disneyland Problem". The Disneyland Problem is the fact that Disneyland Park is running out of space for the company to introduce more IP centric attractions/lands, so they resort to quick and cheap rethemes (Pixar Pier, GotG), and destroying entire chunks of the park for a land based on one IP (Star Wars). I'd be great to get your guys' thoughts on the subject!

Matterhorn Mondays Ep. 15 - The Disneyland Problem https://youtu.be/kjz9vG-lUTs

Are you sure there is a "problem"?

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. " -Walt Disney

"Growth" is much more than just physical addition of real estate to the park footprint IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MatterhornMatt View Post
      Hey friends, on my latest podcast, a couple YouTube friends and I (Alex the Historian and Ready Set Disney) talked about "The Disneyland Problem". The Disneyland Problem is the fact that Disneyland Park is running out of space for the company to introduce more IP centric attractions/lands, so they resort to quick and cheap rethemes (Pixar Pier, GotG), and destroying entire chunks of the park for a land based on one IP (Star Wars). I'd be great to get your guys' thoughts on the subject!

Matterhorn Mondays Ep. 15 - The Disneyland Problem https://youtu.be/kjz9vG-lUTs
      No offense, but it isn't clear if you're starting this thread to have a legitimate discussion because you're interested in discussing the topic... or starting the thread to drum up clicks for your YouTube product.

Seeing as how this topic has been discussed in dozens of threads recently, seems like it might be the latter...?

Again, no offense... just wonderin'. (It's up to the moderators to decide, of course.)

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
      until Thor told it to me."
      -
      Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

No offense, but it isn't clear if you're starting this thread to have a legitimate discussion because you're interested in discussing the topic... or starting the thread to drum up clicks for your YouTube product.

Seeing as how this topic has been discussed in dozens of threads recently, seems like it might be the latter...?

Again, no offense... just wonderin'. (It's up to the moderators to decide, of course.)
        Smells like clickbait to me. It's time to flag this.

Comment

From the rules - https://discuss.micechat.com/help#mcrr/mcrr_promote

What about promoting my site on MiceChat?

While we appreciate the idea of getting the latest news from the community, we ask that you refrain from posts that only promote another website. However, feel free to put a link in your signature, or use the homepage option in your profile. Discussions about specific articles/news from another website may be moved to the Community Outpost forum.
          Per the rules, I will move this thread to the Community Outpost section.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X