Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

2 of 2 < >

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

A bygon era in 1/24th scale

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bygon era in 1/24th scale

For some time now I have been collecting 1:24 scale diecast cars and trucks, specifically Danburry Mint and Franklin Mint (probably the most detailed of them all.)

I came across the work of Michael Paul Smith who creates forced perspective scenes with his 1:24 scale collection. Smith is a true artist. Not only does he use his collection of diecast vehicles, but he also fabricates from scratch the buildings and props in his photo essays. Here is a collection of some of his work and if you want more information on Smith, you can read about him here: https://www.boredpanda.com/miniature-car-forced-perspective-elgin-park-michael-paul-smith/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign =organic

Click image for larger version  Name:	miniature-car-photos-elgin-park-michael-paul-smith-6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	8607277
    Click image for larger version  Name:	miniature-car-photos-elgin-park-michael-paul-smith-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.1 KB ID:	8607278
    Click image for larger version  Name:	miniature-car-photos-elgin-park-michael-paul-smith-26.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.8 KB ID:	8607279
    Click image for larger version  Name:	miniature-car-photos-elgin-park-michael-paul-smith-25.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	8607280
    Click image for larger version  Name:	miniature-car-photos-elgin-park-michael-paul-smith-34.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.3 KB ID:	8607281
    Click image for larger version  Name:	miniature-car-photos-elgin-park-michael-paul-smith-33.jpg Views:	0 Size:	295.2 KB ID:	8607282
    Click image for larger version  Name:	miniature-car-photos-elgin-park-michael-paul-smith-8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	231.3 KB ID:	8607283
    Click image for larger version  Name:	miniature-car-photos-elgin-park-michael-paul-smith-7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	8607284
    Last edited by stovk; 11-13-2019, 08:22 AM.

Sorry for the lateness of this reply, my wife and I saw this post from you a while ago and we both thought it was very cool. Thank you for sharing this!
    First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

Working...
    X