Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Global Warming- Do you believe me now (or, how screwed are WDW and HKDL)?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whipland View Post
    Mr. Wiggins, I do enjoy the discussion, and lest anyone might assume either of us are being angry with each other, I don't get that vibe from you and I hope not you from me.... all "tudes" aside, still a friendly discussion.
    Absolutely agree! And truly, no insinuation that you need more schooling -- just the fact that those fallacies won't fly even in a high school-level debate; false dichotomy is, after all, false dichotomy, no matter how one tries to spin it.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Absolutely agree! And truly, no insinuation that you need more schooling -- just the fact that those fallacies won't fly even in a high school-level debate; false dichotomy is, after all, false dichotomy, no matter how one tries to spin it.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post

"Within the decade there will be no more snows of Kilimanjaro." - Al Gore, 2005
        Why do people always quote Al Gore? - and besides the actual Quote is "Within our lifetimes, there may be no more snows of Mt. Kilimanjaro." HUGE difference in the life of a college student he was speaking to- and the word "may" and "within the decade" (A Rush Limbaugh lie) and there WILL be...
        -----------------------------------------------
        DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post

For me. If you want me to change the way I live because it's harmful to the environment, then provide me with an alternative I'll enjoy more so that doesn't harm the environment.
          I'll never cease to be amazed by the fact that some grown adults still need to have it explained to them why they should care about other people.

"Hang on to them hats 'n glasses, cuz this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Comment

Originally posted by NotChuck View Post
            I'll never cease to be amazed by the fact that some grown adults still need to have it explained to them why they should care about other people.
            And sadly, no matter how much you explain it to them, they don't get it.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
            it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
            together with every variety of recreation and fun,
            designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
            - Michael Eisner

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
              Climate Change due to Global Warming has been a key issue to me since the 90's. When I began spreading the world in those days I was heavily outnumbered by deniers. Since them we have come a long way to overcome the oil and coal industries misinformation, Koch Brother lies and other money driven denial. People today understand it IS happening. Very few even deny humans have a huge impact. If you are still a denier- Why? How will rising seas effect places like Florida, and Hong Kong when the parks are below sea levels?
              Today oregon had a earthquake 170 miles off the coast. I believe that a disastrous quake will happen in the next 30 years. Our vehicle trunk is full of sipping water for 5 days, ropes, blankets, tarps, come-along, filters, toilet paper, sharp knife, tool kit, duct tape, matches , four books and 10 cans of soup. From what I have learned from government officials on TV, Japan, and print that the contents of our trunk should get us through by time US troops from Texas scan the byways for survivors. I believe the science of geology, have seen the disastrous results of earthquakes by film and photo and text. ....but I have yet to see anything bad happening about global warming....other than the extinction of Polar Bears who survived on Woolly mammoths. That I have seen first hand on Little Diomede

I do not believe in global warming however.

1. government continues for the waste of Colorado river water for the last 20 years.

2.carbon foot print of making cardboard boxes, the massive semi truck that arrived to deliver our above ground pool, the volume of plastics to create a personal spa.

3. Drive-thru windows, research has shown the massive carbon foot print.

4. Rural mass transit, 24 seats on a massive bus to haul to 2 folks to work every morning on 30 mile route.

all of these privileges just for me.....because there is no harm or documented evidence that these activities are harmful to the environment or wasteful.

but what really steams me up about "chicken little" global warming......government officials signing off on the carbon footprint left behind by jesse combs.

Comment

Working...
              X