Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Would like an adults only night

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

I'm not sure if Disney's current marketing strategy is for more adult events. Pleasure Island in Disney World was shut down. Downtown Disney is DL hasn't added any new offerings that are exclusively for 18/21+, in recent years.
    Actually, Disney recently announced a move to cater to adults and not kids. Ariel's Grotto has been a favorite for little girls wanting to meet the Princesses. That is being thrown away in place of a lounge/grill. They didn't give a full description or a name for the new place, but it sounds like they're taking the concept of the Cove Bar and expanding it for the entire building. Sure, families can go in there, but all you have to do is look at the line for the Cove Bar to get an idea of who the clientele will be for the new place.
    Last edited by Natalie Price; 11-13-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by monster heck View Post
      Adults night. And here's the catch...

There is a formal dress code!
      LOL--- you think people today know what "formal" means? Formal for most SoCal folks means a black Oakland Raider t-shirt and long jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by KB1ankenship View Post
        Back in the day, Disneyland used to cater to adults, as a place you could go for dinner, dancing, etc.. I would like to see an adults only party at Disneyland, like the do the Halloween party. It would be a after hours separate ticket event, and only for adults, no children. Anyone else think this would be fun, and possible?
        Because what we all need and want is yet ANOTHER upcharge when we spend hundreds or sometimes thousands to visit the parks already...

Comment

Disneyland announced today a salute to vintage Disneyland, titled "Disneyland After Dark", will begin January 18 (up charge event). Nothing mentioned about an age limit.

​​​​​​https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ge-disneyland/
          Galactic Member

Comment

Originally posted by spacejockey View Post
            Disneyland announced today a salute to vintage Disneyland, titled "Disneyland After Dark", will begin January 18 (up charge event). Nothing mentioned about an age limit.

This is pretty much exactly everything we wished for in this thread! If this isn't proof that Disney monitors Micechat, nothing is. I'll be looking forward to more details on this (price, duration, etc.) before buying in, but it looks like fun to me!

Up-charge to price out the teens, the very little ones won't stay up late anyway, optional 50s/60s dress code, and extra offerings for dancing, live shows (and probably food)

Comment

The aquarium here in Vancouver has occasional adult only evenings. They do offer alcohol for sale, but it's nice to be able to visit such places without children being in the way/making noise/being annoying. Not everyone has kids or even likes kids.

I would certainly attend an adults only night if Disneyland offered it, they could just do it once or twice a year, doesn't have to be frequent, nor include alcohol. There are folks who will pay for special events that only have adults in places that typically have lots of kids present.

Comment

Originally posted by Whipland View Post

I'm not talking about blind people and people who are clearly physically disabled, I'm talking about people who don't need to bring animals with them inside the park.

And besides, society only needs to make reasonable accommodations NOT every accommodation imaginable. If a person was unfortunately relegated to an iron lung, you wouldn't say they should be allowed ot board an airplane would you?
                Not all disabilities requiring a service animal are physical in nature. There are psychiatric service dogs as well, which are not the same as emotional support animals.

Comment

I'm digging this. I would love to experience this.

Comment

so here it is... the upcharge event we always wanted so we can spend additional money to visit the park till an hour they used to stay open till!

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith11618 View Post

Not all disabilities requiring a service animal are physical in nature. There are psychiatric service dogs as well, which are not the same as emotional support animals.
                      I don't know about that, but if they aren't providing a physical service then where can you draw the line?

Comment

Originally posted by Whipland View Post

I don't know about that, but if they aren't providing a physical service then where can you draw the line?
                        Psychiatric service dogs do provide a physical service, and it's this kind of thinking that disabilities are only visible and physical that create issues for those who hidden or non-physical disabilities, just because you or someone cannot see the disability doesn't make it less of a disability or the service dog different.

As I said before a psychiatric service dog is not the same as an emotional support animals, psychiatric service dogs are well trained, well behaved, and trained to provide specific services to their handler, just like any other service dog but the persons disability may not be completely visible to the general public, but doesn't make their disability any less of a disability.

http://www.servicedogcentral.org/content/node/77

Comment

Ok, that is very scary quick reaction...Lightning struck the post on the dot.

Oddly enough, people shouldn't get angry at this upcharge event. The resort will be in off season after the Holidays(excluding MLK weekend) and parks close early. The money made at the event would offset the cost of running the park later, making it a win-win for consumer and manufactor. The only possible issue, is that future events get planned on the weekends.

Comment

Sound Good to me..........But like see more Information /about the age limit
                            special events that only have adults in places........would be nice!
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

This is Great History ,Thanks WaltDisney'sAlec

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Psychiatric service dogs do provide a physical service, and it's this kind of thinking that disabilities are only visible and physical that create issues for those who hidden or non-physical disabilities, just because you or someone cannot see the disability doesn't make it less of a disability or the service dog different.
                                Well if you can't see the so called disability and the so called "disability" does not impact physical movement, sight, or hearing, then just about anyone can "claim" a need for a so called "service animal"; meaning you basically can have no standard, no rules and no expectation that people who bring a animal to Disneyland actually need it. My issue is that these types of people impact everyone else with this so called "need" that you can't even verify. That to me is fundamentally unfair then to the people with actual service animal needs (blind, disabled, deaf); not to mention the rest of us who are not thrilled to share space with what is essentially someone else's pet. Until the ADA is finally amended to put some responsibility back on people to provide bonafide proof they need a service animal, this thing will only get worse and worse.

As I said before a psychiatric service dog is not the same as an emotional support animals, psychiatric service dogs are well trained, well behaved, and trained to provide specific services to their handler, just like any other service dog but the persons disability may not be completely visible to the general public, but doesn't make their disability any less of a disability.
                                The difference is that a person with a physical disability cannot easily overcome that disability without the aid of a PHYSICAL remedy which a service animal may provide. A person however with a psychiatric disability does not require a physical remedy where a pharmaceutical remedy would be more appropriate.
                                Last edited by Whipland; 11-14-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X