Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

UPGRADE

The forums will be upgraded to the latest software version on 9/26/17 at 9:30pm PDT. The upgrade should only take a few minutes. During the upgrade you might experience errors, but they will go away once the upgrade is completed. This is not the upgrade/move we have been discussing for the past few months. This is just normal, minor maintenance. Thank you.
2 of 3 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
3 of 3 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Morbidly obese people on scooters.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Morbidly obese people on scooters.

For those who don't know (likely everyone I live in Australia and so very rarely do I get the chance to go to Disneyland. In fact, I have been only twice in my life; once for the 50th anniversary in 2005 and once earlier this year in July.
    On my most recent trip I of course had an amazing time, however I was shocked at the huge number of morbidly obese people on scooters! Why so many and when did being obese qualify people to scoot around. I understand certain people have disabilities, however if you are able to walk shouldn't you at least try so that you can perhaps lose some weight.
    At some points I was actually trapped in a traffic jam of these people- crazy.
    Any thoughts?

Originally posted by kjkk2889 View Post
    For those who don't know (likely everyone I live in Australia and so very rarely do I get the chance to go to Disneyland. In fact, I have been only twice in my life; once for the 50th anniversary in 2005 and once earlier this year in July.
    On my most recent trip I of course had an amazing time, however I was shocked at the huge number of morbidly obese people on scooters! Why so many and when did being obese qualify people to scoot around. I understand certain people have disabilities, however if you are able to walk shouldn't you at least try so that you can perhaps lose some weight.
    At some points I was actually trapped in a traffic jam of these people- crazy.
    Any thoughts?
    My only thoughts are I agree with you and also Disney isn't going to make its staff fight that battle. Anyone can use a scooter. At some point they may have to require a note as obviously many use them. But yes it makes no sense to need a scooter from obesity and then not take a good chance to walk.

- Robert

Comment

There's a reason they are called "ECVs". An Electronic "Convenience" Vehicle means anyone can rent them. Anyone can also rent a wheelchair. Sadly, the law says that Disney cannot ask for proof of disability. That's why there was such rampant abuse of the GAC card, which was re-tooled into the DAS card. But that is even subject to abuse as well. There is also abuse when it comes to "assist animals". Anyone can go on Ebay and buy the vest that designates their pet as a medical assist animal. And (by law) Disney can't dispute it's legitimacy.
      It's just unfortunate that in addition to honest, law abiding citizens who are allowed to come to the resort, the immoral, dishonest and self-entitled are allowed to enter as well.

Comment

Well I am not the PC type. If there is a medical reason they should obviously use them. However, if they are simply overweight and lazy its time to get walking a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by igbe View Post
          Well I am not the PC type. If there is a medical reason they should obviously use them. However, if they are simply overweight and lazy its time to get walking a little bit.
          yup same. Excluding people who have a real medical issue; If I can work 50+ hours a week, juggle family and a pet, and go to the gym nearly daily, so can anyone else.

OP, welcome to Anaheim lol
          KA CHOW

Comment

Well, the best way to keep out the immoral , dishonest and self-entiled is to check for driver's license. One of the sates surroundng california is immoral, One of the states is dishonest, and one of the states is self-entailed. because the best way to judge someone.....is to look at their use of four wheels.

Comment

My Family and I last visited in 2015 for the 60th, and we too noticed the strangely high volume of scooters we had to go out of our way to pass. Being fans of WALL-E, we started referring to our passing action as "merging into the WALL-E People passing lane".

Comment

So -- we can't criticize Bob Chepak, but we can criticize all the fatties.

Nice.
                Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

How elitist people are. It's interesting to see who the perfect people want to ban from the parks. I know, nobody mentioned banning anyone, but it seems to me there are a lot of undesirables many here would just as soon not share Disneyland with.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X