Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

DL needs to be more realistic

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disneyland is just fine the way it is.
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

Comment

Realism? Are you kidding me? The park is built on surrealism, romanticism, and idealized worlds.

Realism = Boring.

Entering Disneyland is a chance to escape the REAL world for a day.
      MY SIGNATURE:
      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

I think you're right. I could post a thread saying Disneyland should be bulldozed over and turned into low income housing, just to see the reactions.
        Or Walt was a FreeMason with Illuminati ties that was only interested in controlling our minds to be more like the New World Order collective for world dominance through consumerism..oh wait, that might be true haha

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlyhead View Post
          But how can Disney compete with the bathrooms in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter with Moaning Myrtle.
          I've thought long and hard on this topic. Each land should have themed bathrooms. Frontierland could have authentic outhouses. Or perhaps you sit on a saddle with a hole in it. Fantasyland has guests sitting atop giant toadstools, or perhaps realistic looking "thrones." Tomorrowland has you sit on a little rocketship...
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
            I've thought long and hard on this topic. Each land should have themed bathrooms. Frontierland could have authentic outhouses. Or perhaps you sit on a saddle with a hole in it. Fantasyland has guests sitting atop giant toadstools, or perhaps realistic looking "thrones." Tomorrowland has you sit on a little rocketship...
            ...Poop decks for Pirates of the Caribbean... rustic outdoor forest & bushes for Critter Country... dirty Route 66 gas station restrooms for Carsland....
            "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
            Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
            imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Realism and immersive intensivity are muddled here, but I agree that WWoHP immersion is arguably more "realistic" than Disney's immersion thus far in so much that certain "dirty" details are kept in at Potter and out of NOS, Critter Country, etc. For example, in Hogsmeade, there is a shaded clockwork area where "owls" hang out and I noticed that their droppings were included in the floor's theming. So someone was literally paid to put c*** on the floor. I cannot honestly say that Disney is missing out, but it was a detail that I delighted in for its sheer audacity.

Comment

Everybody reacting to this have been punked. I don't know if this was meant to troll people or more of a joke for people to play along with. Either way, it's actually kind of funny.
                Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

This is the key ingredient that makes Disney so wonderful...removing anything to do with "reality" especially in this day and age. This is the main reason why I go so much :-)

Comment

So.... your example of realism is a recreation of a fictional place? What do you propose? Outhouses in Frontierland? Everyone gets a chamber pot for Fantasyland?
                    "Have I gone mad?"
                    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by David Mullich View Post
                      If you don't like immersive theming in your amusement parks, there's always Six Flags Tomorrowland...
                      Fixed that for ya.
                      ---
                      Once Upon a Time, in Anaheim... Anaheim, California...

DLR 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2012 & 2013 with 2015 later this year...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X