Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone who has enlightened me :-)

Comment

A fair amount of the regulations in place are voter approved and not imposed onto voters by elected officials.

Originally posted by whoever View Post

Yep... California... GUARANTEED to cause Cancer. Why I don't live in that overly-legislated place. If they had even a MODICUM of personal liberty I'd already live there. Alas.. AZ is as close as liberty extends.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith11618 View Post
        A fair amount of the regulations in place are voter approved and not imposed onto voters by elected officials.

That Right ...it was regulations in place by voter approved !
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

The restrictions are so all inclusive, that they are USELESS. Every business needs to have the sign to be legal.
          You cannot have any trace of Aloe Vera, a single Aspirin tablet, Ethanol (Beer, wine, etc.),
          and if anyone has a US 5 cent coin (Nickle) you are in violation and can be fined and sued.
          I agree, these signs have become pretty much useless simply because there are too many of them.

I've spent 43 years in the heavy construction trades. I started way before back-up alarms were required.

Back then, you kept a close watch on any equipment operating nearby. If you didn't, you had a pretty good idea of what would happen.

These days, there are so many horns blowing every second all day long that you tune them out because they're annoying.

Do they contribute to safety?

Back when they were only sounded when equipment was backing up, they did. But now that they are on cranes, lifts, zoom-booms and just about everything else, they've become useless.

More is not always better and in the case of regulation, more is seldom better and often worse.

Comment

California is the epitome of the "nanny state," and is pretty much the laughing stock of the rest of the country. I live on the east coast, and went in to buy a lawn mower. There was a label on the lawn mower box indicating that it couldn't be sold in California.

This is the state that has such tight regulations that the Disneyland Railroad engine crews are not allowed to stand on top of the tenders to fill the tanks with water from the water tank in New Orleans Square any more--the tanks have to be filled with a hose from ground level.

Click image for larger version  Name:	37142830272_48d3de9222_k.jpg Views:	1 Size:	126.2 KB ID:	8536580

Comment

If it ain't broke, legislate it!!!

Comment

I like all the regulations in California, keeps those clinging to guns and bibles out of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBrett78 View Post
                  Yeah, this is pretty common in California - at least in SoCal. Every apartment I have lived in for the past 17 years has had these signs posted everywhere. And you see them pretty much wherever you go now when you are out and about. Ultimately, it's a way for the city/county/state to protect itself from being sued by making it publicly known that there are numerous things in the area that are harmful to people. Pretty much everything around us causes cancer, whether we care to acknowledge it or not. Our food, water, air and everything around us. It's just more so in a big city like LA. Also, a lot of SoCal was used for rocket testing and missile launches and stuff in the past, so many water sources and soil are contaminated now. And any time a plot of land is used for a gas station but the gas station folds, that land can't be used for quite some time and signs have to be posted everywhere around it as well.

Unfortunately, this is the world we live in today. Years of harming the environment and using chemicals in everything has caught up to us now. California's laws are a lot more strict than most areas of the U.S. But you can be sure these signs would be found in any city in the country if the laws were nationwide. You also have to figure there are 15-20 million people living here now which is not good for the air quality or water. Tons of pollutants surround and envelope this area. The huge explosion in population here is a big reason why emissions standards are much stricter here than in the rest of the country.
                  They should just put up one big disclaimer at the airports and maybe a sign as you cross the San Gabriels and be done with it.

Comment

The idea that some seem to have about California as a "laughingstock" and some kind of dictatorship is a fantasy and mostly a lingering result of anti-California propaganda dating back to the Red Scare when the House un-American Activities Committee attempted to peg the whole state as some kind of haven for Communists. We have businesses lining up to establish here because the business environment is number one in the country. I would not be the least bit surprised if Amazon put their new headquarters here. Yes, there are some laws here that make you scratch your head (the 21+ tobacco purchase law and currently-pending law that makes it illegal for drivers under 21 to drive at certain times of night come to mind), but the way some people talk about it would make you think the police are beating people's doors down and dragging them out of their homes for accidentally thinking the wrong thing. Apparently stricter-than-usual gun control, higher taxes, and full public disclosure of carcinogenic substances are some kind of major affront to personal liberties, but nothing at all wrong with the 13 states where gay marriage is still outright illegal, and the other four where it's still in question.

And on the subject of public disclosure, I happen to think it's a good thing. Perhaps the method of delivering the message should be changed so you don't have to remind Disneyland guests of the unpleasantness of cancer, and the law should be streamlined given how old prop 65 is, but it's usually good to make consumers aware of these things so they can make informed decisions on what to do and where to go.
                    Warriors, Giants, Sharks, Texans fan from the Bay Area.
                    Annual visitor to Disneyland ('99, '04-08, '11-present)
                    So so hyphy.

Comment

Originally posted by KB1ankenship View Post
                      I like all the regulations in California, keeps those clinging to guns and bibles out of the state.
                      What about us clinging to the dollars we earned vs. surrendering them in unnecessary taxes. I won't buy fuel in CA on my DLR trips. My tank size allows me to fill up at the last location in AZ where fuel is MUCH less expensive due to lack of taxes. Less than HALF the rate of CA

AZ State fuel tax: 19.0 cents per gallon
                      CA State fuel tax: 45.4 cents per gallon

That's just one example. CA is higher in pretty much every tax, restriction, etc. I prefer NOT to be told what to do by the State. I'm an adult, I can make my own choices.
                      My Spring, 2017 Dapper Day Trip Report
                      My Fall, 2016 Dapper Day and Club33 Trip Report
                      My Summer, 2016 Walt's LA tour with Bob Gurr and Marty Skylar
                      My Summer, 2016 Family Firsts Trip Report
                      Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
                      World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
                      My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
                      My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
                      My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
                      My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
                      My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
                      My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
                      My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
                      My October, 2011 Trip Report
                      My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

How about we take all the signs and labels down. Then we can see if Darwin was right.
                        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Originally posted by whoever View Post

What about us clinging to the dollars we earned vs. surrendering them in unnecessary taxes. I won't buy fuel in CA on my DLR trips. My tank size allows me to fill up at the last location in AZ where fuel is MUCH less expensive due to lack of taxes. Less than HALF the rate of CA

AZ State fuel tax: 19.0 cents per gallon
                          CA State fuel tax: 45.4 cents per gallon

That's just one example. CA is higher in pretty much every tax, restriction, etc. I prefer NOT to be told what to do by the State. I'm an adult, I can make my own choices.
                          Yup, Arizona, where you get what you pay for!

Comment

Originally posted by KB1ankenship View Post

Yup, Arizona, where you get what you pay for!
                            Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for DL.........

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X