Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Here Come The (Marijuana Users)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Why do you assume that people smoking marijuana are so inconsiderate? Also, your use of the word dope makes me laugh.
    I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

    Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

    You know best :-)

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
      If someone is sitting next to me drinking, even drinking to excess, I will not get drunk by being near them. Some pothead smoking weed is going to force me (without my permission) to get high. That's the difference between drinking and smoking dope. And NO...my option isn't to move away from them. And don't lecture me about second hand dope smoke. They're breaking the rules, not me. I have the right to not have to inhale dope smoke, which is not permitted. They DO NOT have the right to force it on me because of their own self appointed superiority over me.
      Then walk away from where they're smoking or notify someone. Obvs since you are 'not a CM' this is an option, just as it would be for all of us. For a CM, the option would be to notify a lead or Security, as this would be a workplace health and safety issue, the same as if an employer was requiring an employee to stand in clouds of tobacco smoke. Secondhand smoke is secondhand smoke, regardless of whether it's weed, tobacco, or those nasty clove cigarettes that used to be so popular. And if you're saying that Disney requires its CMs to stand in clouds of smoke, as in right in the middle of the smokers in the smoking areas, then I'd say the problem goes far beyond what type of smoke it is.

      At least we now agree that it's rules being broken, not the law.

      As far as 'contact high', suggest you do some further research as to the amount of exposure and the conditions in which an actual 'high' occurs. Most studies showing a positive result are conducted in conditions most of us won't be subject to, being enclosed in a small unventilated area with people smoking copious amounts of weed.

      But you are entitled to your feelings and its obvious that you will never change your mind and have decided that people who smoke weed are evil and out to contaminate you. Since you are 'not a CM' at least I know that I won't have to worry that you might treat certain guests with less than the courtesy Disney expects because you suspect them of being 'potheads'. I shall now save my breath to cool my porridge.

      Oh, and by the way, I don't smoke pot. But I do respect the rights of people who do (as it is legal) and refrain from generalizing them all with a pejorative term.
      Last edited by Stormy; 11-08-2017, 08:54 AM.
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

      Comment


      • #48
        Actually, saying dope is out of style. The kids call it stinkweed now.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
          Just as i thought...I knew there will be those who will not only defy California law concerning pot use, but actually condone people smoking pot at Disneyland. The bottom line is this...it's illegal to smoke pot in public..therefore it will be illegal for potheads to smoke it anywhere in the resort. But it's going to happen because (as usual) a self-entitled arrogance creates a "the rules don't apply to me" mentality that's all over the resort. And that's why I started this thread...just to see this attitude come to the surface. Security and Cast Members are going to have their hands full trying to enforce California law.
          Wow. 'I knew I would catch some of you having a bad attitude' is, itself, not such a nice attitude to take in what's supposed to be a friendly, social environment, whether or not you're actually correct about people taking liberties with the law. Also, referring to all users of marijuana as 'potheads' is like referring to everybody who orders a drink 'a drunk'.

          BTW, you are wrong (as was I, in an earlier post) about marijuana use being illegal in Disneyland. Disneyland is private not public property, so laws about marijuana use in public places doesn't apply there. It's only Disney's policies that matter, in this case. Having said that, I think that using any mind-altering substance at Disneyland is a potential recipe for problems and I wish that even alcohol was disallowed. Many people can 'hold their liquor' or manage fine with a pot buzz, but so many can not.
          Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
            Just as i thought...I knew there will be those who will not only defy California law concerning pot use, but actually condone people smoking pot at Disneyland. The bottom line is this...it's illegal to smoke pot in public..therefore it will be illegal for potheads to smoke it anywhere in the resort. But it's going to happen because (as usual) a self-entitled arrogance creates a "the rules don't apply to me" mentality that's all over the resort. And that's why I started this thread...just to see this attitude come to the surface. Security and Cast Members are going to have their hands full trying to enforce California law.
            I'm going to derail this thread in the interests of the forum as a whole.

            This post was flagged by another member. I am announcing this publicly to try to get to the root of the problem, if it exists.

            I see nothing wrong with this post. Let me dissect it sentence by sentence, and then explain why I don't see an issue.

            Just as i thought...I knew there will be those who will not only defy California law concerning pot use, but actually condone people smoking pot at Disneyland.
            This is an opinion. This opinion is not a personal attack on any MiceChat members. No violation.

            The bottom line is this...it's illegal to smoke pot in public..therefore it will be illegal for potheads to smoke it anywhere in the resort.
            The first part is a statement of fact. No violation.
            The second part of the statement includes the term "potheads." Yes, the term can be offensive to some.
            Is the term an attack? Maybe.
            Is the term a personal attack against a MiceChat member? No.
            Since this statement does not personally attack a MiceChat member, there is no violation. It does warrant further review, but I'm not going to censor a post that uses possibly offensive terms to describe an outside group (with certain obvious exceptions).

            But it's going to happen because (as usual) a self-entitled arrogance creates a "the rules don't apply to me" mentality that's all over the resort.
            This is an opinion. Does the poster's opinion personally attack a MiceChat member? No. No violation.

            And that's why I started this thread...just to see this attitude come to the surface.
            This statement is made by the OP to explain why the thread was started. Is the thread in the DL forum? No. The thread is in the debate lounge. No issue here. Yes, it was in the DL forum at one time, but it was move. Issue corrected.
            Is it OK for members to create posts to discuss issues that are Disney-related? Yes. No issue here.
            Does this sentence derail the thread? No. It's made by the OP, and the OP can direct the thread as they see fit. If other members object, I might step in and move posts to a new thread. That does not need to happen here.

            Security and Cast Members are going to have their hands full trying to enforce California law.
            This is an opinion. This opinion is not a personal attack on any MiceChat members. No violation.

            So, here is your opportunity to explain why I'm wrong. Discuss.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

              Wow. 'I knew I would catch some of you having a bad attitude' is, itself, not such a nice attitude to take in what's supposed to be a friendly, social environment, whether or not you're actually correct about people taking liberties with the law. Also, referring to all users of marijuana as 'potheads' is like referring to everybody who orders a drink 'a drunk'.
              I'm going to dissect this post as well, since it raises some issues that need to be discussed.

              Wow. 'I knew I would catch some of you having a bad attitude' is, itself, not such a nice attitude to take in what's supposed to be a friendly, social environment, whether or not you're actually correct about people taking liberties with the law.
              This sentence makes it appear that Natalie has said something she did not. This would be grounds to Litter Box this post.

              Also, referring to all users of marijuana as 'potheads' is like referring to everybody who orders a drink 'a drunk'.
              This is a valid point, and it's worth reminding everyone that we should all make a much more concerted effort to avoid labeling groups.

              Again, if I'm wrong, tell me why. Discuss.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Nirya View Post
                Actually, saying dope is out of style. The kids call it stinkweed now.
                Aka: The devil's lettuce
                I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

                Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

                You know best :-)

                Comment


                • #53
                  I have a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia, and some people with that condition have posted in our Facebook Group about the use of medical marijuana. I grew up in the 60's, and never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would understand anyone using the stuff safely, or for a good reason. However times have sure changed. Personally, I can't stand the smell of the stuff. I used to go to a lot of baseball games, and I wondered what the horrible smell was in the center field bleachers at Wrigley Field. Now that I know and recognize the smell, I am surprised at how many locations in my daily life I smell the odor. People will do what people will do. I wonder how much of this stuff got into the parks before the security procedures of today, thanks to Nine Eleven.
                  BarbaraAnn

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                    This sentence makes it appear that Natalie has said something she did not. This would be grounds to Litter Box this post.
                    I didn't mean to put words in Natalie's mouth. If that's how it appeared, then I apologize. I was trying to characterize my impression of the 'gotcha' she implied in her post.
                    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I’m going to take a wild guess and say that those who are the most diametrically opposed to any and all marijuana use have probably never smoked it. Case in point: the belief that simply catching a whiff of marijuana will somehow instantly make you “high”....it, um....doesn’t work like that. Having said that, yeah if I’m out with my family trying to have a fun, wholesome day at Disneyland I generally would prefer it not smell like day 2 at Coachella. But if you’re one of those people who just can’t seem to enjoy anything without taking a hit first, who am I to deny you? However if you’re gonna be obnoxious and indiscreet about it, then by all means you should be booted from the park. C’mon man, there’s little kids and old people around. Have some respect.

                      I prefer the tem “jazz cabbage” myself, btw.
                      Last edited by NotChuck; 11-14-2017, 01:33 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by NotChuck View Post
                        I’m going to take a wild guess and say that those who are the most diametrically opposed to any and all marijuana use have probably never smoked it. Case in point: the belief that simply catching a whiff of marijuana will somehow instantly make you “high”....it, um....doesn’t work like that. Having said that, yeah if I’m out with my family trying to have a fun, wholesome day at Disneyland I generally would prefer it not smell like day 2 at Coachella. But if you’re one of those people who just can’t seem to enjoy anything without taking a hit first, who am I to deny you? However if you’re gonna be obnoxious and indiscreet about it, then by all means you should be booted from the park. C’mon man, there’s little kids and old people around. Have some respect.

                        I prefer the tem “jazz cabbage” myself, btw.
                        Bottom line...no pot smoking allowed at Disneyland and California Adventure. It boggles my mind that there are those who advocate and encourage smoking dope at the parks. They're the ones who truly are "high".
                        Last edited by Natalie Price; 11-14-2017, 06:52 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by NotChuck View Post
                          I’m going to take a wild guess and say that those who are the most diametrically opposed to any and all marijuana use have probably never smoked it. Case in point: the belief that simply catching a whiff of marijuana will somehow instantly make you “high”....it, um....doesn’t work like that. Having said that, yeah if I’m out with my family trying to have a fun, wholesome day at Disneyland I generally would prefer it not smell like day 2 at Coachella. But if you’re one of those people who just can’t seem to enjoy anything without taking a hit first, who am I to deny you? However if you’re gonna be obnoxious and indiscreet about it, then by all means you should be booted from the park. C’mon man, there’s little kids and old people around. Have some respect.

                          I prefer the tem “jazz cabbage” myself, btw.
                          Many people are required to have drug tests to stay employed and I wouldn't want to test the limit of how much second hand smoke is enough to come back as positive, because that would cause me to be fired. As such Disney Cast members are drug tested randomly and after any accidents needing medical treatment or major incidents such as if a ride had a major malfunction (Big Thunder 2003).

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by reswob View Post
                            It wouldn't be unprecedented for them to ban all smoking in the park period. Petco Park down in San Diego has prohibited smoking anywhere inside there park since 2006, so many exit the gates for a few minutes to smoke then go back inside for the rest of the game.
                            Only dopes use dope. Pot smokers should be ejected from the park, tickets not refunded and banned. Including season pass holders.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Whipland View Post

                              Only dopes use dope. Pot smokers should be ejected from the park, tickets not refunded and BANNED. Including season pass holders.
                              It could happen because even though dope will be legal starting January 1st, it won't be allowed in the parks. So the pot users lighting up inside the parks could get the boot.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

                                It could happen because even though dope will be legal starting January 1st, it won't be allowed in the parks. So the pot users lighting up inside the parks could get the boot.
                                I'm all for that. Legalizing this junk was another dumb California law. Eventually it will be impossible for "The Happiest Place on Earth" to exist inside the most miserable state in the Union.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X