Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Should 'the Hall of Presidents' go to Yesterworld?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should 'the Hall of Presidents' go to Yesterworld?

Before, we start, PLEASE KEEP THE CONVERSATION CIVIL AND ON TOPIC!

The Hall of Presidents has a long life in the Magic Kingdom, becoming a staple. It's an opening day attraction. It's one of the surprising rides that has been updated frequently in the years. However, it may lasted its prime. Here's are my Pros and Cons...
    Pros:
    1. Honors US History and our Country
    2. One of few places, where you can see over 40 lifes sized Audio- Animatronics in one place!
    3. One of the few attractions, NOT based on an franchise.
    4. One of the original opening day attractions in WDW!
    5. Attraction is constantly updated, which makes it fresh and new again!
    Cons:
    1. No matter how you serve up the show, its about politics, a debatable topic. Heck 50% of the audience will hate it no matter what, because they do not agree any sitting president (applies to all past and present presidents).
    2. One could call the show out for Disneyfying American History AND Current Events
    3.The show has long been mocked for being "Edutainment".
    4.The show HAS to be updated every 4 to 8 years, constantly costing $$$(This also doesn't factor any hypothothical future vacancies)
    5.The stage will eventually run out of room for more president AAs.
    6. Less likely to entertain today's guests based on topic.
    7. The show deals with Current Events, possibly ruining any escapism from Real life.
    8 The Attraction's space could be used as a new ride in Liberty Square or future expansion for Fantasyland.
    9.It doesn't help that HoP is STILL closed(nearly a year, by the way!) to prepare for it's new show.

I wouldnt mind a new attraction, but I would still like it to be about American History,

Your (CIVIL) thoughts?

^ All good points. I'd vote for yanking HoP and replacing it with a state-of-the-art AA-and-multimedia show about America's first 200 years -- the magnificent sweep of its adventures and accomplishments, its triumphs and tragedies -- as seen through the writings and speeches of the Presidents of those years. Hire top presidential historians like Doris Kearns Goodwin and Michael Beschloss as consultants. Get Ken Burns to co-produce it. Pair it with an hour-long video special directed by Burns. Do promotional hookups with school groups and historical recreation societies across the country.

There was a time that Disney was the undisputed king of edutainment media: Let's see them do it again.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 12-05-2017, 07:11 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
    until Thor told it to me."
    -
    Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

^^^Love this idea Wiggins. Can’t see it happening, but still. :-)
      Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

^ The only way it would happen is if Disney decided its image needed the pro-America/pro-education public sentiment that such a project would buy them, and if they could partner with another mega-corp that had the same image-needs and similarly deep pockets.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
        until Thor told it to me."
        -
        Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...