Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whaddya Say We Just Ban The Disney (Social Clubs)!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never noticed them in any of my previous trips, but I'm going to keep an eye out for them next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
      They degrade the atmosphere of the resort with their Hell's Angels look and their pathetic gang names. But even worse, their silly look is combined with the worst attitude and behaviour you'll encounter. They should be banned.
      Quite honestly I am surprised that Disney even allows this. I've observed them over the past few years and while I find it off putting, I had not seen or encountered any poor behavior, but I have heard stories. To me it is a type of "costume" which I thought that Disney did not allow in the park.

I think that the attire is inappropriate and should not be allowed. However, I am surprised that people would even join them. They seem to be ridiculed far and wide and I thought that they had already faded and passed as a trend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

Quite honestly I am surprised that Disney even allows this. I've observed them over the past few years and while I find it off putting, I had not seen or encountered any poor behavior, but I have heard stories. To me it is a type of "costume" which I thought that Disney did not allow in the park.

I think that the attire is inappropriate and should not be allowed. However, I am surprised that people would even join them. They seem to be ridiculed far and wide and I thought that they had already faded and passed as a trend.
        I AGREE..........faded and passed as a trend.....Is amazing people would even join them?
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

Ever heard the term "mindless lemmings"? That's what they are. There is a leader who encourages them to become a Disney gang member, and like mindless lemmings, they follow. And I guarantee you, there is not one of them who has the courage to say, "This is stupid! Why are we doing this?"

Comment

• I also agree with previous commentors as well. What's even worse is Disney management seems to have forgotten the "real" gangs they had back in the late 80's and 1990's who would park in Tomorrowland or the likes and cause trouble with rivals or anyone who got in their way. There were videos of them leaving ride vehicles like Small World boats and running around off stage at one time on Youtube. Even though the modern "gangs" only wear provocative clothes and act rude, it's still just a horrible idea. Strip them all of their AP's.

Comment

• Yes. “Social clubs” have no place in the parks, and the fact that Disney has allowed them for so long is embarrassing. Disney is first and foremost a place for happiness, and seeing these groups in denim vests makes everyone uncomfortable, especially children who shouldn’t have to deal with that.

Comment

• Really? Denim vests make you uncomfortable? That guy in the vest loaded with pins at Disneyland on a saturday is probably your doctor or lawyer or something. Give. Me. A. Break. As long as they aren't hassling people or behaving irresponsibly they have every right to be at the park and dress as they like as anyone else. There are plenty of people, more than are currently active on this forum, who would be more than happy to have Disney ban open displays of same-sex affection for "making them uncomfortable", there are plenty of people who would have Disney ban women who don't cover themselves head to toe while at the park because it "makes them uncomfortable, there are plenty of people who would love it if Disney forbade mothers from breast-feeding because it "makes them uncomfortable", there are lot of things that small-minded worry-warts don't like and that is a slippery slope that Disney would be ill-advised to walk down. No, as long as they aren't bothering other guests *you* don't get to decide how they live their lives. More importantly, just because one small part of one group of people is misbehaving doesn't mean they should all be punished, I've seen various "social club" members in the parks for years, ridden rides along side them, stood net to them to watch shows and parades, never a problem, while there are plenty of plain-clothed jerks causing drama and berating CM's because Mickey didn't stay out more than 20 minutes in 95F weather in the middle of july; to paraphrase Gusteau, anyone can be a grade-a a-hole.

Sorry for the rant, but this kind of pearl-clutching intolerance is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Please check out my website too!

Comment

Working...
                X