Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privacy Policy and Terms of Use

Please review MiceChat's updated Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Links are provided at the bottom of the page. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Let's just admit that it's time to get rid of PotC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Let's just admit that it's time to get rid of PotC

Why stop at the change in the auction scene. The ride obviously glorifies violence, criminal behavior, torture, war, bestiality, slavery, Johnny Depp...I mean come on, it's time to for it go.

Heresy!
    My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

I see Depp being removed within the next 5 years or so as he will make it look dated since that series will be long gone and with no new installments ever coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post
        I see Depp being removed within the next 5 years or so as he will make it look dated since that series will be long gone and with no new installments ever coming.
        or he will be revealed to have done something awful and there will be pressure to remove him.

Comment

I watched the last POTC installment with my daughter, and I was cringing every time Depp was onscreen stumbling around, slurring his speech and acting generally demented and disorientated. We discussed it afterwards and our conclusion was that there was nothing cute or charming about being a falling down drunk and he probably wouldn't have lasted very long as an actual "pirate."

Yes, it's all in good fun, even though his character is irritating as heck. It's meant to be entertaining, and not taken seriously. But...so was everything else in that ride. And, frankly, I find it easier to imagine that actual pirates might have killed, looted and engaged in various other forms of debauchery (like , for example) than they would have gone about their business in a permanent, debilitating drunken haze. He's become such a self parody that It's just pointlessly irritating at this point.

Expunge Depp from the ride? Yes, please!
          Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Comment

Noooo I love PotC!! But I don't care for the Jack Sparrow additions. And this is coming from someone who is very open to change. I think the red head as a Pirate is cool! But them movies were based on the ride, so why change the ride to match the movies?!

Comment

Talking about - "Johnny Come Lately" - again
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I am not excited about this change.

Comment

LOL. I had contemplated writing a satirical post with the same theme.

Anyway, BEWARE. A certain element will take aim at the Jungle Cruise next. A post in the forums already started to go there.

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post
                    We can only dream and hope. I can’t stand his alcoholic pirate schtick anymore.

Originally posted by BecksyFreemo View Post
                    Noooo I love PotC!! But I don't care for the Jack Sparrow additions. And this is coming from someone who is very open to change. I think the red head as a Pirate is cool! But them movies were based on the ride, so why change the ride to match the movies?!
                    Because that is the EISNER LEGACY WAY. If an attraction is original, and doesn’t have a movie associated with it, just BOLT ONE ON!
                    Last edited by Blue Lagoon; 04-23-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bingocimo View Post

or he will be revealed to have done something awful and there will be pressure to remove him.
                      One can only hope. I fear he will be there 50 years from now.

Comment

Then Jungle Cruise, then Peter Pan.
                        "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
                          Then Jungle Cruise, then Peter Pan.
                          Geezus. What would the complaint be about Peter Pan?

Comment

I hope this is the last of the changes but I also hope the ride never goes away as it is my favorite attraction.
                            BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Lagoon View Post

Geezus. What would the complaint be about Peter Pan?
                              They're going to add Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams, Julia Roberts and Bob Hoskins. AKA: Hook the Ride (TM).
                              Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                                I hope this is the last of the changes but I also hope the ride never goes away as it is my favorite attraction.
                                Right!
                                Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Over reaction much?
                                  Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Ha ha ha... The ride going away... You're a funny guy.

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                                      I hope this is the last of the changes
                                      It depends on how sensitive certain elements outside or within Disney become for people who struggle with alcoholism and might possibly be induced to drink again, or people who have been waterboarded to extract information while being held in captivity, and might be induced to have flashbacks.

Comment

I'm not necessarily for the change but.. isn't the redhead a pirate now? Giving people a chance to give up their loot without a fight? It's only PC if you think about it in a feminist sort of way.
                                        KA CHOW

Comment

Working...
                                        X