Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRUMP....Or, How Insane (or Great) is our President?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRUMP....Or, How Insane (or Great) is our President?

Hello again Mice Chat. So... How crazy is this guy?
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Oh wow, welcome back.

I know this seems like the old debate lounge, but it's not. This is the public one, so the topics are strictly limited to issues that are related to Disney. Because of this, I have to close this thread. Sorry.

Now, if you want to discuss Trump's addition to the HoP, please feel free to do so since that is Disney-related.

For the record, I would love to have a section where all (reasonable) topics could be discussed. Since MiceChat Gold is pretty much dead, we can't put forums behind a paywall. I think I would have to bury it somewhere where anyone can access it, but where it's not easy to get to unless you really look for it. I need to consult with the forum owner to see if he will even allow this. I will provide updates when I get them.

Comment

This thread is now reopened.

Comment

Wasn't this thread's title different earlier... or was that just a figment of my imagination...if anyone can find this thread the conversation will be interesting to say the least...
        I want a refund

Comment

Yes, the title was different. I added the "or great" to make the title neutral instead of one-sided. If people choose to participate the conversations could be interesting.

I think most people come here to get news on Disney, and they want to avoid controversy and excessive negativity. I didn't open these new sections to encourage debate. I opened them so we could keep the parks forums clear of heated discussions. I should have done this for GotG and the POTC changes, but I am new to this. I will be ready for the next controversy, and so will these new sections.

Comment

You are a brave man PhotoMatt.

As I'm your Canadian neighbour, I can only offer my 2 cents from out outsiders perspective.

In truth, I think his rise to power is unfortunate for a lot of reasons; most of which stem from the apparently deep seeded division between race, sex and class.

He is smart, smart like a fox, who is willing to do anything; lie, cheat or steal to get what he wants and has no apparent understanding as to the damage that this may cause; damage that will have irreversible consequences for years to come.

The people of your country deserve better.

I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

The previous post is why I think this forum will work. That was a perfect example of an acceptable post.

Comment

The man knows what the people want. He knows exactly what to say. Majority of America isn't considered with social justice. They're concerned about jobs being shipped overseas due to stronger government regulations on American businesses. They're concerned with Islamic terrorism after seeing what it has done to places like Germany, Sweden, England, and France in Europe. They're concerned with how Obamacare has stripped them of their healthcare. And so much more than he understood which is why he won.

My problem with him has mostly been he hasn't really followed up on a lot of things. I'm still waiting on Obamacare to be given a clean repeal. I want to see that border wall start to go up before the end of the year. I want to see more laws put in place to protect our freedoms (such as one allowing for concealed carry licenses to be protected across state lines). Truthfully, I wish the ban on immigration from predominately Muslim nations included more countries and trade with countries such as Saudi Arabia would cease. I wish we wouldn't get involved with Syria and hope he stays out of Middle Eastern, and other country's, affairs, with the exception of ISIS as they are a threat to the US.

By no means is he the best option, I know there were others I'd rather have had, but the worst thing he's done, in my opinion, is fail to do a clean repeal on Obamacare considering the House and Senate are both Republican at the moment.

While his attitude and behavior isn't exactly "presidential," policies are a greater concern to me than that, and if he's benefiting the lives of millions of Americans in ways of increasing jobs, keeping them safe, and in other such ways with his policies, then I can look past his inappropriate comments.

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
                  The man knows what the people want. He knows exactly what to say.
                  ...But the problem is that President Trump only knows those two things. And to be honest, those two things only apply to just under half of the voting population. He has dumbed down issues into simple black and white interpretations which, while easy to understand and digest, fail to acknowledge the complexities of those issues in reality. He may be a highly successful businessman, but how he got there and the values that he has shown are simply not compatible with the requirements and expectations of being the President of the United States. The office of the President should inspire us to be better than we are and lead us into a positive future that leads the world and pulls it up with us. My personal opinion is that the man is simply is in over his head. He seems to have fundamental comprehension problems and does not seem to want to learn. I certainly do not have all the answers, but from what I have seen so far, this is not going to end well, either for Mr Trump, his party, or for the majority of Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Figment56 View Post

...But the problem is that President Trump only knows those two things. And to be honest, those two things only apply to just under half of the voting population. He has dumbed down issues into simple black and white interpretations which, while easy to understand and digest, fail to acknowledge the complexities of those issues in reality. He may be a highly successful businessman, but how he got there and the values that he has shown are simply not compatible with the requirements and expectations of being the President of the United States. The office of the President should inspire us to be better than we are and lead us into a positive future that leads the world and pulls it up with us. My personal opinion is that the man is simply is in over his head.
                    I definitely do not disagree. Even now it's so unfortunate just how terrible every single candidate in the election was. You had Trump who is, well, Trump. You had Hillary who is, well, Hillary. You had Gary Johnson, who didn't even know where Aleppo is. You have Jill Stein, an unironic hippie. And then you have Darryl Castle, probably actually a good candidate with no chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
                      The man knows what the people want. He knows exactly what to say. Majority of America isn't considered with social justice. They're concerned about jobs being shipped overseas due to stronger government regulations on American businesses. They're concerned with Islamic terrorism after seeing what it has done to places like Germany, Sweden, England, and France in Europe. They're concerned with how Obamacare has stripped them of their healthcare. And so much more than he understood which is why he won.

My problem with him has mostly been he hasn't really followed up on a lot of things. I'm still waiting on Obamacare to be given a clean repeal. I want to see that border wall start to go up before the end of the year. I want to see more laws put in place to protect our freedoms (such as one allowing for concealed carry licenses to be protected across state lines). Truthfully, I wish the ban on immigration from predominately Muslim nations included more countries and trade with countries such as Saudi Arabia would cease. I wish we wouldn't get involved with Syria and hope he stays out of Middle Eastern, and other country's, affairs, with the exception of ISIS as they are a threat to the US.

By no means is he the best option, I know there were others I'd rather have had, but the worst thing he's done, in my opinion, is fail to do a clean repeal on Obamacare considering the House and Senate are both Republican at the moment.

While his attitude and behavior isn't exactly "presidential," policies are a greater concern to me than that, and if he's benefiting the lives of millions of Americans in ways of increasing jobs, keeping them safe, and in other such ways with his policies, then I can look past his inappropriate comments.
                      RPaul, can I ask a few legitimate questions about your support on these issues?

1. Repeal of the Affordable Care Act- why was this so important to you? Is it the idea of universal Heathcare that you oppose? Or perhaps the sticker shock of the payments? Or were you hoping that the republicans would come up with something better? I think it is clear that getting rid of the ACA is much more difficult then originally thought especially considering the alternatives .

2. The Wall- Did you really think this is feasible? Nevermind the fact that a wall provides a false sense of security (an ICE officer explained that in sections along the boarder where there is a 20 foot wall, they have found 22 ft ladders), but the logistics and cost of actually building a 1000 mile wall is mind numbing.

I ageee that the boarders need better protection, but perhaps the answer is using that $26 billion to better fund the agency in charge of manning the boarder; given them more officers and tool to property protect the boarder.

3. Muslim Ban- this one is a hot topic, so I will tread lightly and just simply ask, how will this keep American citizens safer?

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post

RPaul, can I ask a few legitimate questions about your support on these issues?

1. Repeal of the Affordable Care Act- why was this so important to you? Is it the idea of universal Heathcare that you oppose? Or perhaps the sticker shock of the payments? Or were you hoping that the republicans would come up with something better? I think it is clear that getting rid of the ACA is much more difficult then originally thought especially considering the alternatives .
                        I admit, it's not something that directly affects me as of right now as I'm only in college so paying for healthcare isn't one of my concerns, but it will be something I'll need to take into my own hands in just a few short years. From my understand of the ACA, costs of health insurance has driven up due to it and if you do not have health insurance, the government will fine you. What I believe is a better replacement is competitive health insurance that can be bought from across state lines. It allows for more competition to help lower the prices and still allows you to not have health insurance if you do not want it.

2. The Wall- Did you really think this is feasible? Nevermind the fact that a wall provides a false sense of security (an ICE officer explained that in sections along the boarder where there is a 20 foot wall, they have found 22 ft ladders), but the logistics and cost of actually building a 1000 mile wall is mind numbing.

I ageee that the boarders need better protection, but perhaps the answer is using that $26 billion to better fund the agency in charge of manning the boarder; given them more officers and tool to property protect the boarder.
                        Is the wall ridiculous? Kind of, yeah. Is it feasible? It is when Mexico is paying for it

But I understand what you're saying. $26 billion for a wall? It's an insane number for a country that's already $19 trillion in debt due to government spending since under FDR. But really, the wall has always been, from the way I've seen it, a symbol of the power of the United States. And perhaps you're right that the money could go to something better regarding boarder security, but the problem with that, in my eyes, becomes "What if the next president just cuts funding allowing illegal immigration to continue?" If the wall ever gets built, which I hope it does, it will be there, ideally, forever. It will let people in other countries know that, while the Statue of Liberty welcomes you here, you must follow our laws and customs. Which, I don't think, is a bad message to send.

3. Muslim Ban- this one is a hot topic, so I will tread lightly and just simply ask, how will this keep American citizens safer?
                        Well, before I begin, it does need to be established this is not a Muslim ban. The ban covers 6 countries (Libya, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Yemen, and Somalia) which are predominately Muslim. However, other predominately Muslim nations, such as Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Iraq, just to name a few, are not banned. Further, any resident of those 6 countries, Muslim or not, is banned from entering the United States under the 90 day period.

And your question is, will this keep Americans safer? And the answer is, no. They'll be no safer than they are now. As of right now, this ban is mostly only for show. It will have no actual impact until every predominately Muslim nation is banned from traveling to the US indefinitely.

While it has not been a large problem in the US as of yet, it is the fear of many Americans that the United States will become overrun with migrants who do not share our views and will adopt Sharia Law into our country. Perhaps a silly fear to some, but just look at Sweden or Germany. and general crime statistics have skyrocketed since they've been allowing in floods of refugees. Terrorism is, obviously, also on the rise in these places. Lest we not forget the Manchester bombing earlier this year in England, committed by the son of refugees. Just two weeks after that, Islamic migrants rammed their car into a crowd on London Bridge and then got out a stabbed innocent bystanders, effectively killing six people. And of course, there are plenty more examples of terrorism driven by migrants in England, France, or nearly anywhere else in Europe. The only place I can not cite radical Islamic terrorism from is Poland, a nation with strong immigration laws, who does in fact have a Muslim ban.

And I don't want to pretend as if America doesn't have any form of Islamic terrorism in here, because I did say it's not a large threat, but just earlier this year, there was a Muslim man in Fresno who killed three random individuals based on their skin color. Last year there was the attack in Orlando which saw the murder of 50 innocent people at Pulse, a gay nightlub. Going another year back, there was the San Bernardino office shooting where 14 were killed.

But the one constant with those three cases was, they were all US born. With the exception of Kori Ali Muhammad (Fresno), both Omar Mateen (Orlando) and Rizwan Farook (San Bernardino) had visited Saudi Arabia before committing these attacks. It's likely, while over there, they were radicalized. But do you see the problem with this? Yep. Saudi Arabia not a country on the immigration ban. Which goes back to my point of this ban being ineffective until more countries are on it for a longer period of time.

Comment

This thread will cover many topics I see. On Islamic Terrorism? 2 things. In the USA last 5 years more people were killed by children who got a hold of their parents guns than were killed by Islamic Terrorists, AND for those who believe all Muslims are evil or wish us harm? Of the tens of Millions here in the USA and the BILLION and a half world wide? If all were meaning us harm, Most of us would be dead by now. There are extremists to be found in just about any 'group'

Trump and the GOP are fantastic at playing our fears and convincing their voters it as only they, who can protect us. I am 51 years old. Growing we were told to fear the Communists. When my Grandfather came from Ireland early last century he was told to fear himself (lol) Hated just because he was Irish. Banning peaceful people trying to escape troubles in their homelands will only create more hatred for the USA as they see us turn their back on them, proving the message of the extremists right- We hate them, join us. The USA, has done a fantastic job of creating more terrorists than we can kill or stop. In the long run this will most definitely NOT keep Americans safer.

What about those in our own Government who wish to implement Christian Sharia law here in this nation? It doesn't seem to bother anyone on the far right. (And yes, ANY Laws put in place to back religious beliefs, by definition, is considered a "Sharia Law"- Look it up)

For every person killed by a Muslim here in the USA, I can point out 10 killed by non Muslims. Same with undocumented immigrants. Another issue that was exploited by Trumps campaign to no end.

When i was in the Air Force in the 80's I was stationed in England. Scores of people were killed and injured by the IRA. Britain did not 'ban' all Catholics. They had the brains, that we seem to lack, to understand it was a group of radical extremists who happened to be Catholic.

There are so many holes in the logic of Trump supporters, it is actually pretty sad, and a horrible reflection of this entire nation.
                          -----------------------------------------------
                          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

My issue? He's just so gosh darn dumb. I don't care about his so called wealth and deal making prowess -- I'm not impressed.

I like my leaders to be smart, inquisitive, progressive and open to new ideas. Trump is divisive, a bully and dumb. Really dumb.

I'm stunned that so many people felt we were in such bad shape as a country that they thought they needed to vote for Donald Trump.

And to his supporters I ask - how's it going? Ask Trump and he's absolutely crushing it. Best 100 Days. Biggest crowds on Inauguration Day. And when things don't go his way it's 'unfair' or 'fake.'

I'm sad he's our President. I'm sad that people in our country feel so desperate. And I'm sad that the next 3yrs - 6mos are going to be us reading stupid and dumb tweets and not getting anything done.

Dumb.
                            Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
                              This thread will cover many topics I see. On Islamic Terrorism? 2 things. In the USA last 5 years more people were killed by children who got a hold of their parents guns than were killed by Islamic Terrorists, AND for those who believe all Muslims are evil or wish us harm? Of the tens of Millions here in the USA and the BILLION and a half world wide? If all were meaning us harm, Most of us would be dead by now. There are extremists to be found in just about any 'group'
                              That's your response to Islamic terrorism in Europe caused by increase migrants? Gun safety is a separate discussion entirely but a lack of it is not just cause to allow in millions of people who want to persecute homosexual, strip rights away from women, slaughter Christians, atheists, and Jews. We can talk about how gun safety isn't properly taught in schools, if you wish, but it's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Trump and the GOP are fantastic at playing our fears and convincing their voters it as only they, who can protect us. I am 51 years old. Growing we were told to fear the Communists. When my Grandfather came from Ireland early last century he was told to fear himself (lol) Hated just because he was Irish. Banning peaceful people trying to escape troubles in their homelands will only create more hatred for the USA as they see us turn their back on them, proving the message of the extremists right- We hate them, join us. The USA, has done a fantastic job of creating more terrorists than we can kill or stop. In the long run this will most definitely NOT keep Americans safer.
                              You're not wrong. The US has created far too many terrorists. That's why it's important the government stops funding rebel groups who always turn around and attack us in the end. The US government needs to stay out of other country's affairs.

And speaking of staying out of country's affairs, the GOP is not the only one responsible for fear mongering. Look at the left and their accusations of Russian meddling in our election. No such evidence exists. Or saying millions will die without Obamacare. Nonsense. Fear mongering is a common tactic used on both sides.

What about those in our own Government who wish to implement Christian Sharia law here in this nation? It doesn't seem to bother anyone on the far right. (And yes, ANY Laws put in place to back religious beliefs, by definition, is considered a "Sharia Law"- Look it up)
                              Sharia law is specifically Islamic. The word you're looking for is Theocracy. However, a Protestant Christian theocracy (something Christians are against, more often than not) is infinitely better than an Islamic one. Where Islam demands the death of infidels, Christianity preaches forgiveness and to treat nonbelievers with love.

For every person killed by a Muslim here in the USA, I can point out 10 killed by non Muslims. Same with undocumented immigrants. Another issue that was exploited by Trumps campaign to no end.
                              But I'm not referring to Islamic terrorism in the US. Look at crime and terrorism in Europe. That's what people are afraid of. Just because it's not here yet does not mean we should wait for it to be.

When i was in the Air Force in the 80's I was stationed in England. Scores of people were killed and injured by the IRA. Britain did not 'ban' all Catholics. They had the brains, that we seem to lack, to understand it was a group of radical extremists who happened to be Catholic.

There are so many holes in the logic of Trump supporters, it is actually pretty sad, and a horrible reflection of this entire nation.
                              Thank you for your service.

Again, though, this is not a Muslim ban. This is a ban on predominately Muslim nations that applies to everyone. And seeing how the Islamic views so many of them hold are at war with the views of the West, why is it wrong to ban them from entering?

Originally posted by Jim in Merced CA View Post

I'm sad he's our President. I'm sad that people in our country feel so desperate. And I'm sad that the next 3yrs - 6mos are going to be us reading stupid and dumb tweets and not getting anything done.
                              But you're not a fan of Trump's policies, correct? If so, why would you be sad he's not doing anything? Personally, if Hillary was elected, I'd have been ecstatic if she did nothing. Sure, that'd be things would continue as they did under Obama, but that's better than making things worse. And that's better in your situation, right? If you like Obama and not Trump but Trump does nothing then what Obama did stays in place. That's a good thing for you, I would think.

I know I'm unhappy with the lack of change, but I can't grasp why Trump's opponents, like yourself, would be.

Comment

Generally speaking, I support him.

However, it'd be nice to see him actually make good on his promises. Especially getting rid of idiotic regulations and even more so, getting rid of the 'affordable' heart care act.

The ACA has basically delayed my retirement 5 years. I had been planning, saving, investing, etc since my 30s in order to retire at 60 or maybe 62. Before the ACA, my health insurance would have cost somewhere around 250/month, which I planned for. After the ACA, it's more like 600 - 800 which I cannot afford.

So I'll need to keep working until I'm 65 then I can sign up for medicare and my health insurance will cost around 120/month.......but only if they don't make that 'affordable' also.

I've spent 43 years in the heavy construction trades. During that time I've seen OSHA and MSHA mutate from a necessary and useful organization that actually made my job safer to some sort of uncontrolled monster that exists solely to raise funds for the government and completely dominate the very people they are supposed to protect. They have completely lost their purpose. Corporate safety regulations are even worse, most are driven by insurance companies.

I would be way further ahead if all safety regulations were advisory and none were enforceable.

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
                                  How crazy is this guy?

This crazy:

The Court of Mad King Donald is not a presidency. It is an affliction, one that saps the life out of our democratic institutions, and it must be fiercely resisted if the nation as we know it is to survive.

I wish that were hyperbole. The problem is not just that President Trump is selfish, insecure, egotistical, ignorant and unserious. It is that he neither fully grasps nor minimally respects the concept of honor, without which our governing system falls apart. He believes “honorable” means “obsequious in the service of Trump.” He believes everyone else’s motives are as base as his.

The Trump administration is, indeed, like the court of some accidental monarch who is tragically unsuited for the duties of his throne. However long it persists, we must never allow ourselves to think of the Trump White House as anything but aberrant. We must fight for the norms of American governance lest we forget them in their absence.

...Trump has no respect for the rule of law. He is enraged that Sessions recused himself from the investigation of Russia’s meddling in the election, and thus is not in a position to protect the House of Trump from special counsel Robert S. Mueller III. According to the New York Times, “Sharing the president’s frustration have been people in his family, some of whom have come under scrutiny in the Russia investigation.” I’m guessing that means the president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Who elected them, by the way?

Trump seeks to govern by whim and fiat. On Wednesday morning, he used Twitter to announce a ban on transgender people serving in the military, surprising his own top military leaders. A Pentagon spokesman told reporters to ask the White House for details; White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters to ask the Pentagon. Was Trump trying to reignite the culture wars? Would the thousands of transgender individuals now serving in the military be purged? Was this actual policy or just a fit of indigestion?

Inside the mad king’s court, the internecine battles are becoming ever more brutal. Members of Trump’s inner circle seek his favor by leaking negative information about their rivals. This administration is more hostile to the media than any in recent memory but is also more eager to whisper juicy dirt about the ambitious courtier down the hall.

Trump’s new favorite, Anthony Scaramucci, struts around more like a chief of staff than a communications director, which is his nominal role. Late Wednesday night — after dining with Trump and his head cheerleader, Sean Hannity — Scaramucci took a metaphorical rapier to the actual chief of staff, Reince Priebus, by strongly hinting on Twitter that Priebus leaks to reporters. The next morning, Scaramucci told CNN that “if Reince wants to explain that he’s not a leaker, let him do that.” And in a profanity-laden phone call to the New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza, Scaramucci called Priebus “a f---ing paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac.”

Why bring in Scaramucci? Because, I fear, the mad king is girding for war. Trump is reckless enough to fire Mueller if he digs too deeply into the business dealings of the Trump Organization and the Kushner Companies.

What then? Will Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) draft and push through a new special-prosecutor statute so that Mueller can quickly be reappointed? Will House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately open debate on articles of impeachment? Will we, the people, defend our democracy?

Do not become numb to the mad king’s outrages. The worst is yet to come.

- Eugene Robinson
                                  Washington Post
                                  July 27, 2017

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                  - Michael Eisner

Comment

And in the "Would you like nuts with that?" department...

For five years, I’ve been identifying Donald Trump, now president of the United States, as a nutter. I’ve called him crazy, daft, a madman, barking mad and mad as a March hare, and I’ve “diagnosed” him — I’m not a mental-health professional and have never examined the president — with narcissistic personality disorder and more. To that list, I feel compelled to add a few more technical observations: He also seems off his rocker, ’round the bend and a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

The belief that the commander in chief is barmy has become commonplace....

Consider the list of irrational actions coming from the White House over the past week alone:

● Trump’s new communications director alleged that the president’s top strategist attempts an anatomically improbable sex act to himself, called the White House chief of staff a paranoid schizophrenic and accused him of a felony.

● Trump attacked Republican senators such as Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) whose votes he needed but failed to get on the GOP health-care bill, dealing it yet another defeat.

● Trump publicly attacked his own attorney general and threatened to fire his health and human services secretary.

● The Boy Scouts had to apologize after Trump gave a hyper-partisan speech to children.

● Trump caught the Pentagon by surprise when he announced he’s kicking transgender people out of the military, after botching the facts on Hezbollah while meeting the Lebanese prime minister.

And he jokes about being chiseled into Mount Rushmore.

It all brings to mind one more piece of advice I found online for dealing with people with serious mental-health issues: It may be necessary to lower your expectations.

- Dana Milbank
                                    Washington Post
                                    July 28, 2017

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                    - Michael Eisner

Comment

Add on his insane comments to law enforcement today.

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
                                        Add on his insane comments to law enforcement today.
                                        What did he say this time lol

Comment

Working...
                                        X