Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

TRUMP....Or, How Insane (or Great) is our President?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally speaking, I support him.

However, it'd be nice to see him actually make good on his promises. Especially getting rid of idiotic regulations and even more so, getting rid of the 'affordable' heart care act.

The ACA has basically delayed my retirement 5 years. I had been planning, saving, investing, etc since my 30s in order to retire at 60 or maybe 62. Before the ACA, my health insurance would have cost somewhere around 250/month, which I planned for. After the ACA, it's more like 600 - 800 which I cannot afford.

So I'll need to keep working until I'm 65 then I can sign up for medicare and my health insurance will cost around 120/month.......but only if they don't make that 'affordable' also.

I've spent 43 years in the heavy construction trades. During that time I've seen OSHA and MSHA mutate from a necessary and useful organization that actually made my job safer to some sort of uncontrolled monster that exists solely to raise funds for the government and completely dominate the very people they are supposed to protect. They have completely lost their purpose. Corporate safety regulations are even worse, most are driven by insurance companies.

I would be way further ahead if all safety regulations were advisory and none were enforceable.

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
      How crazy is this guy?

This crazy:

The Court of Mad King Donald is not a presidency. It is an affliction, one that saps the life out of our democratic institutions, and it must be fiercely resisted if the nation as we know it is to survive.

I wish that were hyperbole. The problem is not just that President Trump is selfish, insecure, egotistical, ignorant and unserious. It is that he neither fully grasps nor minimally respects the concept of honor, without which our governing system falls apart. He believes “honorable” means “obsequious in the service of Trump.” He believes everyone else’s motives are as base as his.

The Trump administration is, indeed, like the court of some accidental monarch who is tragically unsuited for the duties of his throne. However long it persists, we must never allow ourselves to think of the Trump White House as anything but aberrant. We must fight for the norms of American governance lest we forget them in their absence.

...Trump has no respect for the rule of law. He is enraged that Sessions recused himself from the investigation of Russia’s meddling in the election, and thus is not in a position to protect the House of Trump from special counsel Robert S. Mueller III. According to the New York Times, “Sharing the president’s frustration have been people in his family, some of whom have come under scrutiny in the Russia investigation.” I’m guessing that means the president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Who elected them, by the way?

Trump seeks to govern by whim and fiat. On Wednesday morning, he used Twitter to announce a ban on transgender people serving in the military, surprising his own top military leaders. A Pentagon spokesman told reporters to ask the White House for details; White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters to ask the Pentagon. Was Trump trying to reignite the culture wars? Would the thousands of transgender individuals now serving in the military be purged? Was this actual policy or just a fit of indigestion?

Inside the mad king’s court, the internecine battles are becoming ever more brutal. Members of Trump’s inner circle seek his favor by leaking negative information about their rivals. This administration is more hostile to the media than any in recent memory but is also more eager to whisper juicy dirt about the ambitious courtier down the hall.

Trump’s new favorite, Anthony Scaramucci, struts around more like a chief of staff than a communications director, which is his nominal role. Late Wednesday night — after dining with Trump and his head cheerleader, Sean Hannity — Scaramucci took a metaphorical rapier to the actual chief of staff, Reince Priebus, by strongly hinting on Twitter that Priebus leaks to reporters. The next morning, Scaramucci told CNN that “if Reince wants to explain that he’s not a leaker, let him do that.” And in a profanity-laden phone call to the New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza, Scaramucci called Priebus “a f---ing paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac.”

Why bring in Scaramucci? Because, I fear, the mad king is girding for war. Trump is reckless enough to fire Mueller if he digs too deeply into the business dealings of the Trump Organization and the Kushner Companies.

What then? Will Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) draft and push through a new special-prosecutor statute so that Mueller can quickly be reappointed? Will House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately open debate on articles of impeachment? Will we, the people, defend our democracy?

Do not become numb to the mad king’s outrages. The worst is yet to come.

- Eugene Robinson
      Washington Post
      July 27, 2017

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

And in the "Would you like nuts with that?" department...

For five years, I’ve been identifying Donald Trump, now president of the United States, as a nutter. I’ve called him crazy, daft, a madman, barking mad and mad as a March hare, and I’ve “diagnosed” him — I’m not a mental-health professional and have never examined the president — with narcissistic personality disorder and more. To that list, I feel compelled to add a few more technical observations: He also seems off his rocker, ’round the bend and a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

The belief that the commander in chief is barmy has become commonplace....

Consider the list of irrational actions coming from the White House over the past week alone:

● Trump’s new communications director alleged that the president’s top strategist attempts an anatomically improbable sex act to himself, called the White House chief of staff a paranoid schizophrenic and accused him of a felony.

● Trump attacked Republican senators such as Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) whose votes he needed but failed to get on the GOP health-care bill, dealing it yet another defeat.

● Trump publicly attacked his own attorney general and threatened to fire his health and human services secretary.

● The Boy Scouts had to apologize after Trump gave a hyper-partisan speech to children.

● Trump caught the Pentagon by surprise when he announced he’s kicking transgender people out of the military, after botching the facts on Hezbollah while meeting the Lebanese prime minister.

And he jokes about being chiseled into Mount Rushmore.

It all brings to mind one more piece of advice I found online for dealing with people with serious mental-health issues: It may be necessary to lower your expectations.

- Dana Milbank
        Washington Post
        July 28, 2017

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Add on his insane comments to law enforcement today.
          I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
            What did he say this time lol

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
              Yep. And like his other attacks on America's law enforcement, military, and intelligence personnel, it has resulted in outrage.

(CNN) President Donald Trump's statement encouraging police officers to be "rough" with people they arrest has drawn criticism in law enforcement circles for sending the wrong message at a time of heightened tensions with the public.

As a department, we do not and will not tolerate 'rough(ing)' up prisoners," the Suffolk County Police Department said in a statement.

Trump delivered a combative law-and-order speech in the New York suburb Friday, calling gang members "animals" and praising law enforcement for being "rough."

Speaking before law enforcement officers, Trump praised the aggressive tactics of immigration officers and suggested that police shouldn't protect the heads of handcuffed suspects being put in the back of a car.

"When you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon. You see them thrown in rough. I said, 'Please don't be too nice,'" Trump said to applause, referring to officers shielding prisoners' heads with their hands. "Like, don't hit their head and they've just killed somebody. I said, 'You can take the hand away, OK?'"

From Boston to Los Angeles, however, law enforcement agencies pushed back.

The police statement in the suburb where Trump spoke added, "The Suffolk County Police Department has strict rules and procedures relating to the handling of prisoners, and violations of those rules and procedures are treated extremely seriously."

A Boston Police Department statement said its "priority has been and continues to be building relationships and trust with the community we serve. As a police department we are committed to helping people,not harming them."

In New York, Police Commissioner James O'Neill said in a statement that to "suggest that police officers apply any standard in the use of force other than what is reasonable and necessary is irresponsible, unprofessional and sends the wrong message to law enforcement as well as the public."

The Gainesville, Florida, police department said on Facebook the President "has no business endorsing or condoning cops being rough with arrestees and suggesting that we should slam their heads onto the car while putting them in."

July 29, 2017

Full text here.

- Neil Gabler

Comment

While I realize he isn't exactly perfect, I'll give him credit for at least one thing....he hasn't done anything to hurt me.

Can't say that about the last administration..........they hurt me a LOT.

Comment

.....or would we have ever found out that Congress is actually a small business.....endorsed by previous legislation and oval office. I thought they were elected officials, now I know why my senator lives in new york instead of oregon,...more business in New York.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
                    While I realize he isn't exactly perfect, I'll give him credit for at least one thing....he hasn't done anything to hurt me.

Can't say that about the last administration..........they hurt me a LOT.
                    How So?
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post

How So?
                      When I was about 30 or so, I began to plan for my retirement. Of course, way back then, my plans were pretty loose but the older I got, the more exact and realistic they became.

I was shooting to be able to retire at 60 or 62, and I would have except for the 'affordable' health care act. Before the ACA, my health insurance would have run 200 - 250/month, which I planned for. Now that obama and his minions have rammed their 'signature' bill on us, the cost is more like 600-800.

I'm 60. My dreams of being able to retire before 65 have been destroyed by a self-centered egoist bent on making a name for himself at any cost.

Comment

Does today's outburst change anything for his base?

Comment

it actually encourages the trump base because he does not speak like a politician. The Trump base has been quiet for a long time, watching the other side destroy cities across america, As reported in the media, the New other side is now speaking out, no wait, they tried to speak out peacefully, but their right was taken away, when the third side, the professional anarchist became involved. My son and his mother are professional anarchist, they thrive in Little Beirut , my neighborhood is the Trump base and they are worn out from having the burden of supporting the poor, as for me, I am a high school teacher, my values have been watered down by the responsibility that I have to every new citizen, I don't take a side, I just show both sides and let the student choose.

Comment

Destroy cities across America? You speak of being neutral, but your verbiage suggests otherwise.

I should have also been more clear, even the most conservative religious republican condemns racisim, these are the base I'm speaking of; his republican base. However by your statement it would seem that most Trump supporters are, at the core, alt-righters.
                            Last edited by Meville; 08-15-2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

business in downtown Little Bieurt provide jobs, they provide an art tax, they provide for cultural growth....without jobs, art and cultural understanding....a city is destroyed. so that is the context I use to be neutral in this conversation here about the trump community around me, watching weekly the destruction on TV.

conservative religious....that is not a culture found nation wide... .it is in the Bible Belt,,,,the same folks who defeated Mitt Rommeny.. So I cannot address the conservative religious because no one in my neighborhood goes to church. The republicans condemning the president are trying to keep their jobs.

alt-righters, as defined by wiki, does not define MOST as you have used it for trump supporters. Alt-righters does not define my neighborhood. What my neighbors want is the choice to own a gun, everyone be responsible for their own health care program, that children become the responsibility of the church, the charity or even their parents, but not someone at the check-out stand of a grocery store asking for school supplies money. and they don't want to support a person who used food stamps and is now buying a starbucks. Though that argument is now weak because the food stamp program has been really tweaked to where now food stamp eligibility is only two months a year.

And yes, my neighborhood is Islamophobic. We are ignorant of who is paying for their apartment housing down the street. We are ignorant of who is teaching them English in the schools down the street. We are ignorant of what we see as counterproductive dressing of woman on the streets as they walk to the grocery stores.

All we have of Islam is what we see on television.

CBS news had a great feature story , actually the whole broadcast is worth watching about what is happening with Trump today.

And then.....when the pirates controversy came up about the slavery scene....and I suggested that we should remove a famous national painting of founding forefathers if we are to go on with that line of thinking...no one rose up to support ...and now.....that line of thinking about slavery is spreading all the way to George Washington.

no one, not even I as an educator, saw Thomas Jefferson as brutal slave owner, a rapist and responsible for the demise of the First Nation people. so what is happening across the nation, as represented by today, is random revisionism of history, and it is rudderless....hence today.

Comment

Your point is taken. And while I can't say that I fully understand the plight of an average middle class American, I will say that history doesn't have a great track record for when one group is marginalized by another group facing hard times.

Espceially worse when their ring leader (and his kind) should be the target of their blame given that their companies are the ones who oxidized the rust belt in search of a better bonus.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X