Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRUMP....Or, How Insane (or Great) is our President?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VintageMouse View Post

Well, the ACA was actually a Heritage Foundation (conservative think-tank) idea originally. It's not the best solution, but people being denied affordable health coverage due to pre-existing conditions (to name just one of the provisions) is morally and ethicallty unacceptable. If we can come up with a better plan that doesn't result in people being denied coverage and/or going bankrupt, then let's do it.

I hear you about the rich getting richer at the expense of the working class. What do we do about it?
    I agree completely.

I don't have the answer but I do know that what we got is about as bad as it can get.

Perhaps a serious tax on the rich would pay for at least some of the healthcare. Trouble is that in order to get to a position of being able to make policy and tax changes, you have to be one of the rich. No one will tax his own wealth........

Taking a good hard look at every person on some sort of government disability program and making the ones who actually are able to work pull their own weight would very likely offset the cost of health care for a LOT of productive members of society.

Comment

Originally posted by laferney Road kid View Post
      one of the campaign platforms I heard was that American business owners needed to stop selling industry/ business that they owned to foreign investors. That the wealth needed to stay in the US. I am a white collar worker, but due to health reasons of my wife, I needed to work a blue collar position for awhile. I was shocked at the work conditions, the 21 days in a row and the tasks given to the workers. It Was a non-union job so nothing that the workers could do to improve their status as production workers.. I researched the company and came to find out, that massive food conglomerate is secretive in its ownership, that it thrives on buying business from American owners who want to cash in their "chips" in order to escape the poverty of owning business. I had talked to workers who had formerly worked for the company under private ownership and said that wages were good and conditions were good. But once a faceless owner had the business, every aspect of working deteriorated.

Private ownership of the business would have kept the wages above poverty level instead of profits going to conglomerates. Improved working conditions would have increased the bottom line and morale. Private ownership would have valued that workers need to spend time with their families rather than working 10 hours a day, seven days a week. Private ownership would have given work monetary work incentives.

This company now has a constant employee retention program, always on craigslitst looking for workers. The folks that I worked along with that year, had to stay, they were already in the struggle of keeping alive and afraid that elsewhere was just as bad. Some of them were working two jobs..I do understand that in the 50s and 60s, men did work two jobs, one 40 hours a week, the other a job in their WW2 learned skill in the evenings or weekends at their leisure, and that is how they paid for their house, car, retirement. The working man and employer were working together to provide a better nation. Now the employer is all about the profit and bonus, broached here a lot when talking about the working conditions at Disneyland
      This is pretty much true across the board. The larger the company, the worse it treats the employees. They're not people anymore, they are nothing more than numbers now.

Comment

How insane is Trump? It's a question that increasingly is asked, even by his supporters.

...Such chaos and confusion at the highest level of American government hadn’t been seen since, well, the day before.

Even Trump’s close advisers seem to have little knowledge of, much less control over, what he says and does.

One imagines a future scene in the Situation Room:

The president: Why don’t we bomb Guam so the North Koreans can’t?

The secretary of state: That’s part of our country, sir.

The secretary of defense: We have thousands of troops there.

The national security adviser: And 150,000 innocent civilians.

The chief of staff: It would be a humanitarian and strategic catastrophe.

Ivanka Trump: Please don’t do this, Dad.

Jared Kushner: [Silence.]

The president: It’s settled. We begin bombing in five minutes. Let’s hit Hawaii, too. But not my hotel in Waikiki.

From "Nobody knows what Trump is doing. Not even Trump."
        Dana Milbank
        The Washington Post
        September 6, 2017
        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The people of your country deserve better.

I was lucky enough to travel to Florida, New York and Anaheim this summer and met so many fantastic people from all walks of life that are being done a disservice by the people who are supposed to be representing them.
          I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
            The man knows what the people want. He knows exactly what to say. Majority of America isn't considered with social justice. They're concerned about jobs being shipped overseas due to stronger government regulations on American businesses. They're concerned with Islamic terrorism after seeing what it has done to places like Germany, Sweden, England, and France in Europe. They're concerned with how Obamacare has stripped them of their healthcare. And so much more than he understood which is why he won.

My problem with him has mostly been he hasn't really followed up on a lot of things. I'm still waiting on Obamacare to be given a clean repeal. I want to see that border wall start to go up before the end of the year. I want to see more laws put in place to protect our freedoms (such as one allowing for concealed carry licenses to be protected across state lines). Truthfully, I wish the ban on immigration from predominately Muslim nations included more countries and trade with countries such as Saudi Arabia would cease. I wish we wouldn't get involved with Syria and hope he stays out of Middle Eastern, and other country's, affairs, with the exception of ISIS as they are a threat to the US.

By no means is he the best option, I know there were others I'd rather have had, but the worst thing he's done, in my opinion, is fail to do a clean repeal on Obamacare considering the House and Senate are both Republican at the moment.

While his attitude and behavior isn't exactly "presidential," policies are a greater concern to me than that, and if he's benefiting the lives of millions of Americans in ways of increasing jobs, keeping them safe, and in other such ways with his policies, then I can look past his inappropriate comments.
            Sad to see you got banned for expressing your support for the president. I agree with everything you said here. Hope to see you again soon.

Comment

RPaul was not banned for this post.

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
                Hello again Mice Chat. So... How crazy is this guy?
                Only a little less crazy than the other choice I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Whipland View Post

Only a little less crazy than the other choice I think.
                  So, your position is that President Trump is the same type of person with a similar temperament as Hillary Clinton?

And while one is male and one is female, they’re the same?
                  Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim in Merced CA View Post

So, your position is that President Trump is the same type of person with a similar temperament as Hillary Clinton?

And while one is male and one is female, they’re the same?
                    Not what I said. I responded to the OP's original post by suggesting that whatever kind of "crazy" people think Trump is (which isn't mental illness, just temperament); whatever he is is LESS than whatever kind of "crazy" people think Hillary is---- IMHO.

In other words: Hillary must of seemed a lot more of some kind of negative temperament than Trump or Trump would not have beaten her by such a HUGE electoral vote majority.

Comment

I responded to the OP's original post by suggesting that whatever kind of "crazy" people think Trump is (which isn't mental illness, just temperament)...
                      You hope. Trump has given legions of psychiatrists around the world copious evidence to the contrary.

In other words: Hillary must of seemed a lot more of some kind of negative temperament than Trump or Trump would not have beaten her by such a HUGE electoral vote majority.
                      Um... meaning no disrespect, you might want to consider reading up on how the electoral college elected Trump even though Clinton beat him in the popular vote. (Hint: temperament was not a factor.)

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

You hope. Trump has given legions of psychiatrists around the world copious evidence to the contrary.
                        Maybe, and yet the other choice was and still is so far off the reservation of reality that no wonder the winner was not as expected.

Um... meaning no disrespect, you might want to consider reading up on how the electoral college elected Trump even though Clinton beat him in the popular vote. (Hint: temperament was not a factor.)
                        Popular vote doesn't decide who becomes president any more than it apparently decided who would be the democratic candidate (i.e., super-delegates)

Comment

You see what you look for.
                          Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

Two new reports suggest Trump has come unhinged. The truth is worse.

A quote:

The [Washington] Post reports today that Trump has taken to privately questioning the authenticity of the “Access Hollywood” tape of him repeatedly boasting about his affection for sexual assault. The Post also reports that when things are going particularly badly, he calls confidantes to “boast about his successes.”

Meanwhile, the New York Times reports that Trump regularly brags to people about winning a majority of women — he didn’t — and has even reverted to questioning the authenticity of Barack Obama’s birth certificate. Trump’s advisers sometimes even steer him away from areas where he is prone to dabbling in “manufactured facts.”

To date, Trump has made over 1,600 false or misleading claims as president.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

Trump's behavior raises questions of competency

A quote:

Donald Trump potentially has millions of lives in his hands as the threat of a devastating war with North Korea swiftly escalates. Yet the President of the United States is raising new questions about his temperament, his judgment and his understanding of the resonance of his global voice and the gravity of his role with a wild sequence of insults, inflammatory tweets and bizarre comments.

On Wednesday Trump caused outrage and sparked fears of violent reprisals against Americans and US interests overseas by retweeting graphic anti-Muslim videos by an extreme far right British hate group. Earlier this week he used a racial slur in front of Native American war heroes. He's attacked global press freedom, after cozying up to autocrats on his recent Asia tour.

And now there are reports that the President has revived conspiracy theories about former President Barack Obama's birthplace and is suggesting an "Access Hollywood" video on which he was heard boasting sexually assaulting women, and for which he apologized last year, had been doctored.

In normal times, it would be a concern that the President is conducting himself in a manner so at odds with the decorum and propriety associated for over two centuries with the office he holds. But the sudden escalation of the North Korean crisis, following the Stalinist state's launch of its most potent ever missile on Tuesday, takes the world across a dangerous threshold....

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

Personally I think Trump says more than he needs to, but I appreciate how has upset the rotten apple cart in DC. I didn't vote for him, but I also didn't vote for Hillary with her long crooked and corrupt history. I believe the dems got browbeat into nominating Hillary, and had Biden run for President he would have won. I don't agree with Biden either, but at least he is a guy I could sit down and have beer with and talk sports; Hillary is the most entitled elitist politician I have ever seen, and she is no Bill Cllinton either. Hillary couldn't edge out a jr Senator from Illinois for the nomination 9 years ago, and if the DNC hadn't stacked the deck for her this time, grandpa Bernie stood a good chance of being the nominee. Hillary is just a dour and bad person; the sooner she fades away the better for this country.

For now I think Trump is good for America because he has changed BOTH parties forever. The idea that career politicians should ONLY be our leaders hopefully is over. That isn't the way it started out in this country; citizens came to Washington and served for a short time and then went back to their private careers and businesses. Who knows, next time another businessman with actual "skin in the game" will be the nominee for the democrats rather than these corrupt people who's only motivation is to sell influence to the highest bidder. Of that ilk Hillary was among the worst but not the only one.

Comment

Personally I think Trump says more than he needs to, but I appreciate how has upset the rotten apple cart in DC.
                                  ...Who knows, next time another businessman with actual "skin in the game" will be the nominee for the democrats rather than these corrupt people who's only motivation is to sell influence to the highest bidder.
                                  It's ironic how the increasingly shrinking minority of people who get their worldview in the propaganda echo chamber of Faux News remain in denial that some of Trump's cabinet picks are the rottenest apples that DC has seen in decades. Not to mention the corruption of the President of the United States using his position to profiteer his personal businesses and those of his immediate family.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

Trump is to Washington and the Presidency what Schwarzenegger was to California and the Governorship.

Once the novelty wears off it will be back to the Status Quo.

I don’t mind someone trying to ‘shake up’ Washington politics, but Trump is the equivalent of a twelve year old in the back of the classroom who screams ‘boobs!’

Glad Trump was able to get a tax break for him and his rich cronies while also sticking it to California and New York.

Can’t wait for him to lose in 2020. He can suck it.

Comment

It's ironic how the increasingly shrinking minority of people who get their worldview in the propaganda echo chamber of Faux News remain in denial that some of Trump's cabinet picks are the rottenest apples that DC has seen in decades. Not to mention the corruption of the President of the United States using his position to profiteer his personal businesses and those of his immediate family.

Oh the real irony!!

Because of course the Clinton's are squeaky clean, right? Um, does somebody remember something called "the Clinton foundation"? Those two were selling ticket books to our nation for profit. Some of the worst nations were even earning 'E-ticket rides'.

Fact remain, had the dems had Biden as the nominee they would have won. I never said Trump was a great choice, I only said Hillary was obviously a worse choice... it's that simple.

Comment

While Trumpists whine about the Evil Hillary, a Disney heir is speaking out against the corruption and hyprocrisy of Trump's presidency:

This heiress did the right thing on Trump's tax plan

An excerpt:

It would be comical if it weren't so tragic: Donald Trump, brought to power by the votes of white men casting their ballots out of economic insecurity, is poised to sign a tax bill that takes from the poor and middle class to give to the richest of the rich.

The few who stand to gain handsomely from this bill are mostly staying quiet, but a vocal handful of America's super-wealthy are speaking out, including Abigail Disney in a viral Facebook video. She points out that she did nothing to earn her money other than have the good luck to be born into a wealthy family. And her grandfather and great uncle, who cofounded the Walt Disney Company, couldn't have done so without the distinctly American promise of social mobility -- a promise that seems to slip away day by day as the social safety net is ripped apart and a small few hoard their increasing resources....

As Disney says in her video, if we want to live in a functional democracy, we must accept that the greater good is more important than personal gain. More of America's wealthiest should be raising their voices against this tax coup for people like them.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

I believe the dems got browbeat into nominating Hillary,
                                          As an admin, I probably should probably refrain from posting personal opinions whenever I can, but I just can't resist right now.

The Democratic Party rigged the nominating process in her favor. I don't think they should have had to rig anything. It's their party and they can do what they want. The issue I have is that they fostered an illusion that the process was democratic. It clearly was not.

The two political parties are two sides of the same coin. They are both ultimately controlled by the same people, and the parties exist to foster the illusion that the general population actually has a choice. They do not.

Hillary was nominated because it was easier for the ruling class to rig the election for Trump. With a Trump/Clinton matchup and the electoral college, voting machines in the least number of precincts would have to be manipulated. Granted, they had to do this in three states, but it was obviously still done.

Think about this. Trump received between two and three billion dollars worth of free media coverage. Why, and how? Who controls the media, and who benefited from what happened today? What was the result of so many Republicans running for the nomination? It's simple. It diluted the base. By diluting the base and giving insane amounts of free coverage to Trump, it allowed him to quickly become the front-runner. His platform of hate and false patriotism appealed to people who might normally sit out the primary process. By running so many other people, the religious right's power was weakened.

Our democracy is fake news. It always has been. It's just more obvious now that we can watch it all in real time. We sit here bickering over which politician is less corrupt, but it's pointless. The choice is not ours, and it never has been.

Comment

Working...
                                          X