Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

TRUMP....Or, How Insane (or Great) is our President?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whipland View Post

Because of course the Clinton's are squeaky clean, right? Um, does somebody remember something called "the Clinton foundation"?
    I'm sure Dr. Lorich remembers. Who's Dr. Lorich? Let's find out. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3689775

What does he have to do with the Clinton Foundation? Hmm, let's check his emails. https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/3852

Now, let's check what Snopes has to say. https://www.snopes.com/surgeon-clint...ruption-haiti/

Hmmm, I guess Snopes didn't bother checking Wikileaks.

What does all this tell us?

Hmmm?

Note: I have to remember this is MiceChat, so I really can't get into more detail. I will probably have to stop after this, but it won't hurt to post a few times. If I'm wrong, there's always the Litter Box.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

As an admin, I probably should probably refrain from posting personal opinions whenever I can, but I just can't resist right now.

The Democratic Party rigged the nominating process in her favor. I don't think they should have had to rig anything. It's their party and they can do what they want. The issue I have is that they fostered an illusion that the process was democratic. It clearly was not.
      I agree with this. And I think that also may have played into the result last November with people who saw how Sanders was treated either stayed home or possible even switched sides.

The two political parties are two sides of the same coin. They are both ultimately controlled by the same people, and the parties exist to foster the illusion that the general population actually has a choice. They do not.
      My view on that is yes and no. I agree with this at it applies to some candidates and where their power comes from. I believe the best example of what you are saying would be the Kennedy's and the Bushes; two powerful families who's ideologies are probably closer than most people would think, and who are perfectly fine trading power back and forth like it is some kind of club. I believe that Mitt Romney and John Kerry are also examples of this same establishment club too.

But then every few years there are populist figures who upset the apple cart. I believe that was true of Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan originally to some degree, and last year Donald Trump AND Bernie Sanders. People who are not inside their respective power clubs, but who capture the attention of the people. I believe Bill Clinton too was once that, although Hillary is an establishment figure now (or was last year), however only be default. And with Hillary the default was that Obama could not run for a 3rd term--- AND the thinking is that a party usually doesn't win a 3rd administration in a row. Do you recall how back in 2008 Ted and Caroline Kennedy came out and endorsed Barrack Obama over Hillary? Bill Clinton was livid over that decision, but I believe it just goes back to what I said about the Kennedy's and the Bushes; they are the establishment and populists are only tolerated to a certain degree, usually only as much as they can be controlled.

Do you remember how many Reagan supporters were shocked at the convention in 1980 after Reagan won the nomination and then came out and selected George H.W. Bush as his V.P. choice? The populist (Ronald Reagan) elected to include the establishment (George H.W. Bush) in his administration in a move to appease the establishment.

Hillary was nominated because it was easier for the ruling class to rig the election for Trump. With a Trump/Clinton matchup and the electoral college, voting machines in the least number of precincts would have to be manipulated. Granted, they had to do this in three states, but it was obviously still done.
      I don't think I buy that, but I do believe that the Clinton's were very tactical in sopping up vast amounts of money with their "Clinton foundation" and created a daunting and formidable show of force which kept Warren out of running and caused Joe Biden to think better of running. The thorn in the Clinton side continued to be Sanders, and the further in the year it went made Hillary appear vulnerable and weak. But I strongly believe that had Joe Biden decided to run, Obama would have been out campaigning for him and the rest of the DNC establishment would have tipped toward Biden too/ I don't think everyone really understands how much the Clintons and the Obamas despise each other. Yes DESPISE. The only reason Obama included Hillary in his administration as Secretary of State is because I believe that after Obama beat HRC for the nomination the Clintons made a deal to be "good soldiers" for Obama if Obama gave HRC a high ranking cabinet level position for her resume.

Think about this. Trump received between two and three billion dollars worth of free media coverage. Why, and how?
      Yes Trump got tons of free media but he did that on his own by being as outspoken and controversial as he is. Trump is good at tapping into that P.T. Barnum sort of media thing. But it isn't a different formula that many celebrities do to get free media attention. A few years ago Kim Kardashian was the queen of controlling free attention and turning to her financial bottom line. For over a year everyone was tuning in to see/hear "what is Trump going to say today" and it worked for him.

Who controls the media, and who benefited from what happened today? What was the result of so many Republicans running for the nomination? It's simple. It diluted the base. By diluting the base and giving insane amounts of free coverage to Trump, it allowed him to quickly become the front-runner.
      The full Republican field was a joke, but understand that 95% are in that for personal interests other than winning, and the real scary person in that was Jeb Bush, the one true establishment person who god forbid this country should end up with.

His platform of hate and false patriotism appealed to people who might normally sit out the primary process. By running so many other people, the religious right's power was weakened.
      I didn't vote for him but I didn't vote for HRC either. And being I live in California it didn't matter if I didn't vote for Trump because HRC was going to take all of California's electoral votes anyway. If I lived in Florida or Ohio, I guess I might have voted for Trump, but mostly because I believe Hillary is ROTTEN to the core. Had Biden run, I think he would have won and I think many of those people you believe voted for Trump on "hate and false patriotism" would have voted for Biden too. I just don't think what you are claiming is the simple answer there. Trump made a LOT of Republicans, Independents and blue dog Democrats very uncomfortable. I just continue to believe that HRS unlikability factor tipped the scale. Hillery is not Bill, she is not Obama, not Reagan, just not liked by many people. She rubs people the wrong way, and so does Trump. But Hillary rubs people the wrong way MORE than Trump in the larger picture I believe.

Our democracy is fake news. It always has been. It's just more obvious now that we can watch it all in real time. We sit here bickering over which politician is less corrupt, but it's pointless. The choice is not ours, and it never has been.
      I have no illusions that either side a hero or a villain. I just don't like Hillary and never have. She is phony, condescending, and I can't think of anything either in public or private life that she accomplished. Her husband yes, but her, I can't think of anything.

Oh and remember how Hillary was so against gays in the militarily, gay marriage, and other social issues. Hillary's position on social issues blows wherever she thinks the votes are and I have a problem with that. With Sanders you know exactly what he stands for, but Hillary who was for the Iraq war more than even Trump (as a private citizen) was back in the day. Hillary NEVER tells the truth, with her the truth will change to whatever fits. You have to admit that Trump was never anti gay as a private citizen and he was vocally against the Iraq war.

Anyway, I appreciate the exchange Matt. I think we agree on some things here and probably aren't polar opposites on other things either. I think we both share a mistrust for government and politicians which is probably healthy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Figment56;n8525665]

...But the problem is that President Trump only knows those two things. And to be honest, those two things only apply to just under half of the voting population. He has dumbed down issues into simple black and white interpretations which, while easy to understand and digest, fail to acknowledge the complexities of those issues in reality.

if you follow politics at all, you would know that What you describe is the hallmark of a candidate, who is more likely to win re election. remember, if you want to keep your insurance policy and doctor you can by pres obama. He made it illegial for like 40 or 50 million americans to keep their insurance plan or doctor. But. it neutralized that fear until 2012 passed and got him re elected.

even though, it was a complete lie. I think. you really remembered that. Please, by intellectually honest, everyone.

and. matt. dusty gives his political opinions, on a semi regular basis, when he comments. so. I think you have the same first amendment freedom of speech, as everyone else. Its not like you are a political reporter, for a major media outlet or anything. They even, give their political opinions online all the time, even though it is a definate conflict of interest, with their field of reporting

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
          Two new reports suggest Trump has come unhinged. The truth is worse.

A quote:

The [Washington] Post reports today that Trump has taken to privately questioning the authenticity of the “Access Hollywood” tape of him repeatedly boasting about his affection for sexual assault. The Post also reports that when things are going particularly badly, he calls confidantes to “boast about his successes.”

Meanwhile, the New York Times reports that Trump regularly brags to people about winning a majority of women — he didn’t — and has even reverted to questioning the authenticity of Barack Obama’s birth certificate. Trump’s advisers sometimes even steer him away from areas where he is prone to dabbling in “manufactured facts.”

To date, Trump has made over 1,600 false or misleading claims as president.

to date the washington post and NY times, (who's authority you rely), have written 3500 false or misleading claims, since jan 20, when pres trump became president. Swings swing, both ways. Some of those papers false claims, are the beginning things you cite about pres trump.

Comment

Ugh. really - why would anyone want to discuss politics on this forum - its an escape no? - Oh well - "Make America Great Again" I think the so called dangers of Trump are very overstated. Everyone have a Tiggerific Day!!!
            Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
            Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

While Trumpists continue whining about Hillary and prattling their paranoiac "fake news" fantasies, the Trump Clown Show is going down sooner than they think.

Republicans warn Trump of 2018 bloodbath

The White House knows the midterm election will probably be bad. Behind the scenes, top aides are scrambling to avoid the worst.

A few weeks before Alabama's special Senate election, President Donald Trump’s handpicked Republican National Committee leader, Ronna Romney McDaniel, delivered a two-page memo to White House chief of staff John Kelly outlining the party’s collapse with female voters.

The warning, several people close to the chairwoman said, reflected deepening anxiety that a full-throated Trump endorsement of accused child molester Roy Moore in the special election — which the president was edging closer to at the time — would further damage the party’s standing with women. McDaniel’s memo, which detailed the president's poor approval numbers among women nationally and in several states, would go unheeded, as Trump eventually went all-in for the ultimately unsuccessful Republican candidate.

The backstage talks provide a window into how those closest to Trump are bracing for a possible bloodbath in the 2018 midterms, which could obliterate the Republican congressional majorities and paralyze the president’s legislative agenda. The potential for a Democratic wave has grown after Republican losses this fall in Virginia, New Jersey and Alabama, and as the president’s approval ratings have plummeted to the 30s.

Trump's working-class supporters are about to pay the price

What fools Trump made of those Midwestern voters who wanted the reality star to go after Washington and New York elites. As “Too Big to Fail” author Andrew Ross Sorkin reported this week, “If you’re a billionaire with your own company and are happy to use your private jet so you can ‘commute’ from a low-tax state, [Trump's tax] plan is a godsend. . . . Private equity and real estate executives, as has been well documented, will make out like bandits.”

Those rich insiders whom Trump walloped on his way to the White House will get more than 80 percent of this tax plan’s benefits at the end of a decade. Over that same period, most Americans will see their tax rates go up. Middle-class voters and small-business owners already burdened by prohibitive medical bills, crushing student debt or high state and local taxes will face the greatest burden, while President Trump and his family will waltz away with a windfall that could reach hundreds of millions of dollars.

The Trump clan will rake in this fortune from “pass-through” deductions, estate tax giveaways and top-rate tax reductions all because of this Republican tax cut. For a president already dogged with accusations that he is personally profiting off the presidency, such a massive giveaway to the very hedge-fund managers and real estate executives he promised as a candidate to confront only adds to the stench of self-dealing that engulfs all things Trump. Like autocrats across the world, the 45th American president has perfected the art of the self-deal.

The moral authority of the presidency is in tatters

Trump has tried to undermine the credibility of important institutions — the courts, the FBI, intelligence agencies, the media — that check his power and expose his duplicity. He has used his office (and Twitter account) to target individual Americans for harm without due process. He attacks the very idea of truth in a daily torrent of despicable lies. The moral authority of the presidency is in tatters. He has made our common life more vulgar and brutal, and complicated the moral education of children. Racists are emboldened and included in the GOP coalition. He has caused a large portion of Republicans to live in an alternate reality of resentment and hatred, which complicates the possibility of governing and is likely to discredit the party among the young, minorities, women and college-educated voters for decades to come.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

Comment

What exactly is a "Trumpist"?

Is it anyone who voted for Trump?

Is it somebody like me who voted for neither candidate a Trumpist?

Are upset Sanders supporters who refused to support Hillary by default Trumpists?

Is half of America "Trumpist"?

Were people who voted for Obama called Obamaists?

Are people who still admire Hillary called loserists?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim in Merced CA View Post
                  My issue? He's just so gosh darn dumb. I don't care about his so called wealth and deal making prowess -- I'm not impressed.

I like my leaders to be smart, inquisitive, progressive and open to new ideas. Trump is divisive, a bully and dumb. Really dumb.

I'm stunned that so many people felt we were in such bad shape as a country that they thought they needed to vote for Donald Trump.

And to his supporters I ask - how's it going? Ask Trump and he's absolutely crushing it. Best 100 Days. Biggest crowds on Inauguration Day. And when things don't go his way it's 'unfair' or 'fake.'

I'm sad he's our President. I'm sad that people in our country feel so desperate. And I'm sad that the next 3yrs - 6mos are going to be us reading stupid and dumb tweets and not getting anything done.

Dumb.
                  YEAH, it's not like tax rates are going to be reduced for everyone, except those with huge mansion house interest rate deductions.

wait, that just happened touchee. As, to anything else getting done, I do agree with you, that the republicans could only unite between tax reform and not much else, to date . MORE UNITY among republicans and conservative democrats (esp west virginia and north dakota) is needed

Comment

While Trumpists continue whining about Hillary and prattling their paranoiac "fake news" fantasies, the Trump Clown Show is going down sooner than they think.

Republicans warn Trump of 2018 bloodbath

The White House knows the midterm election will probably be bad. Behind the scenes, top aides are scrambling to avoid the worst.

A few weeks before Alabama's special Senate election, President Donald Trump’s handpicked Republican National Committee leader, Ronna Romney McDaniel, delivered a two-page memo to White House chief of staff John Kelly outlining the party’s collapse with female voters.

The warning, several people close to the chairwoman said, reflected deepening anxiety that a full-throated Trump endorsement of accused child molester Roy Moore in the special election — which the president was edging closer to at the time — would further damage the party’s standing with women. McDaniel’s memo, which detailed the president's poor approval numbers among women nationally and in several states, would go unheeded, as Trump eventually went all-in for the ultimately unsuccessful Republican candidate.

The backstage talks provide a window into how those closest to Trump are bracing for a possible bloodbath in the 2018 midterms, which could obliterate the Republican congressional majorities and paralyze the president’s legislative agenda. The potential for a Democratic wave has grown after Republican losses this fall in Virginia, New Jersey and Alabama, and as the president’s approval ratings have plummeted to the 30s.

Trump's working-class supporters are about to pay the price

What fools Trump made of those Midwestern voters who wanted the reality star to go after Washington and New York elites. As “Too Big to Fail” author Andrew Ross Sorkin reported this week, “If you’re a billionaire with your own company and are happy to use your private jet so you can ‘commute’ from a low-tax state, [Trump's tax] plan is a godsend. . . . Private equity and real estate executives, as has been well documented, will make out like bandits.”

Those rich insiders whom Trump walloped on his way to the White House will get more than 80 percent of this tax plan’s benefits at the end of a decade. Over that same period, most Americans will see their tax rates go up. Middle-class voters and small-business owners already burdened by prohibitive medical bills, crushing student debt or high state and local taxes will face the greatest burden, while President Trump and his family will waltz away with a windfall that could reach hundreds of millions of dollars.

The Trump clan will rake in this fortune from “pass-through” deductions, estate tax giveaways and top-rate tax reductions all because of this Republican tax cut. For a president already dogged with accusations that he is personally profiting off the presidency, such a massive giveaway to the very hedge-fund managers and real estate executives he promised as a candidate to confront only adds to the stench of self-dealing that engulfs all things Trump. Like autocrats across the world, the 45th American president has perfected the art of the self-deal.

The moral authority of the presidency is in tatters

Trump has tried to undermine the credibility of important institutions — the courts, the FBI, intelligence agencies, the media — that check his power and expose his duplicity. He has used his office (and Twitter account) to target individual Americans for harm without due process. He attacks the very idea of truth in a daily torrent of despicable lies. The moral authority of the presidency is in tatters. He has made our common life more vulgar and brutal, and complicated the moral education of children. Racists are emboldened and included in the GOP coalition. He has caused a large portion of Republicans to live in an alternate reality of resentment and hatred, which complicates the possibility of governing and is likely to discredit the party among the young, minorities, women and college-educated voters for decades to come.
                    trumps middle class voters from states not along the coast are getting a BIG HUGE TAX CUT. Especially those, with kids. Losers are people in high tax states who have mansions. solution. pressure and get your state gov to lower your state income taxes.

you ignored the lower rate tax reductions, of course. very dishonest. Yes. it is true, high earners who pay ninety percent of fed taxes will get some relief also. Across the board cuts are only fair.

A simple tax without any deductions and like 3 rate levels, would probably be easier on the american people's time and help the economy even more. But. people like you and the democrat leaders, oppose that even more, and would prob lose a few repub senators. so not feasible at this time.

We will settle for as much tax relief for all, as we can get.

After virtually all democrats spend the last 20 years loving bill clinton, your moral legitimacy argument, is just plain SILLY. YOU ARE FUNNY, with that. Maybe, you can successfully do a comedy stand up act at downtown disney

Comment

In my humble opinion a flat tax rate where everyone pays tax would be the fairest solution. If the tax rate was a flat across the board 10% then if you earn 20k per year you pay 2k, If you earn 20 billion you pay 2 billion.

Problem isn't that rich people don't pay enough, problem is that poor people don't pay anything. As it is now more than half of Americans don't pay a dime in taxes already. If people don't pay taxes then they don't have any "skin in the game". If they don't have skin in the game then how can they ever appreciate what sound fiscal policy is about? I think too many people in America thinks money just grows on trees when it comes to our spending policies, especially entitlements.

Comment

"And to all a good night...."

A Trump Christmas Carol

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

"And to all a good night...."

A Trump Christmas Carol
                          Geeze Wigguns, this is embarrassing even for somebody as intelligent as you to link to some pathetic video posted by the unfunny Seth Meyers who one day will be lucky to have a job at Mara-a-lago in the laundry at the rate Meyers' popularity is sinking.

The insinuation is that because Trump is spending Christmas in Florida that the workers at Maralago are somehow being mistreated---- what a laugh! Because of course Obama on his many trips to Hawaii was just camping in a tent without service people around him? And we all know Hillary is out next week volunteering at soup kitchens and not having her prime rib served to her on a silver platter by somebody who can afford to not work during the holidays?

Oh, all of those poor CMs at the parks being treated like slaves and forced to work during the holidays LOL!

Very lame Wigguns

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	c0xnoyzxgaahcjk.jpg Views:	1 Size:	195.1 KB ID:	8543719

Click image for larger version  Name:	day_3.jpg?resize=700x700.jpg Views:	1 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	8543722

Click image for larger version  Name:	mooretoon15.jpg?w=620.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	8543721

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

Originally posted by Jim in Merced CA View Post
                              Trump is to Washington and the Presidency what Schwarzenegger was to California and the Governorship.

Once the novelty wears off it will be back to the Status Quo.

I don’t mind someone trying to ‘shake up’ Washington politics, but Trump is the equivalent of a twelve year old in the back of the classroom who screams ‘boobs!’

Glad Trump was able to get a tax break for him and his rich cronies while also sticking it to California and New York.

Can’t wait for him to lose in 2020. He can suck it.
                              100,000,000 + hope to see Trump out of office.

Comment

. . . problem is that poor people don't pay anything. As it is now more than half of Americans don't pay a dime in taxes already. If people don't pay taxes then they don't have any "skin in the game". If they don't have skin in the game then how can they ever appreciate what sound fiscal policy is about? I think too many people in America thinks money just grows on trees when it comes to our spending policies, especially entitlements.
                                Like Frank Capra using German propaganda, I'll just let your own message do the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                                  Like Frank Capra using German propaganda, I'll just let your own message do the damage.
                                  ka-Bingo.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

Just sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me. I didn't even vote for Trump, but the more he appears to rattle the cages of elitist left, center, or even right in this country, I can't say I have not started to become a fan of his.

Comment

Just sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me.
                                      That's not surprising, considering that "sour grapes" does not apply to what jcruise86 was saying.

I can't say I have not started to become a fan of his.
                                      Enjoy it while it lasts, Trump fans -- you're members of a shrinking minority, passengers on a sinking boat. With Trump's approval numbers at an all-time low, an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released this week showed that the number of Americans in favor of impeachment hearings has jumped to an all-time high -- it's now higher than the percentage that would support Trump in a 2020 election.

Poor Turmp fans. For all your paranoid whining about Obama and Hillary, they retained their titles for yet another year as the man and woman Americans most admire, according to the Gallup poll released this morning. Obama has won the past 10 years, Hillary the past 16.

But don't give up hope, Trump fans -- the object of your admiration is hard at work polishing his tarnished image. After tweeting on Christmas Day that he'd be "back to work in order to Make America Great Again" the day after Christmas, he spent Tuesday and Wednesday on his West Palm Beach golf course. (Which isn't surprising, considering that Trump has spent almost one-third of his presidency at his own properties, and golfed more than Obama.)
                                      Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 12-27-2017, 01:11 PM.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

Problem isn't that rich people don't pay enough, problem is that poor people don't pay anything.

Click image for larger version

Name:	?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%2F04%2F55%2Ff2f1f0d64c40b2d456afad859f95%2Fthumb.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	8543847

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

I'll just let your own message do the damage.
                                          That very simple............LOL

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Working...
                                          X