Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

TRUMP....Or, How Insane (or Great) is our President?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
    So... How crazy is this guy?
    Evidence is building that he's in worse mental condition than we think.

Trump’s New York Times Interview Is a Portrait of a Man in Cognitive Decline

On Thursday, El Caudillo del Mar-A-Lago sat down with Michael Schmidt of The New York Times for what apparently was an open-ended, one-on-one interview....

In my view, the interview is a clinical study of a man in severe cognitive decline, if not the early stages of outright dementia....

In this interview, the President is only intermittently coherent. He talks in semi-sentences and is always groping for something that sounds familiar, even if it makes no sense whatsoever and even if it blatantly contradicts something he said two minutes earlier. To my ears, anyway, this is more than the President’s well-known allergy to the truth. This is a classic coping mechanism employed when language skills are coming apart.

For example, a discussion on healthcare goes completely off the rails when the President suddenly recalls that there is a widely held opinion that he knows very little about the issues confronting the nation. So we get this:

"But Michael, I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than the greatest C.P.A. I know the details of health care better than most, better than most. And if I didn’t, I couldn’t have talked all these people into doing ultimately only to be rejected."

This is more than simple grandiosity. This is someone fighting something happening to him that he is losing the capacity to understand. So is this:

"We’re going to win another four years for a lot of reasons, most importantly because our country is starting to do well again and we’re being respected again. But another reason that I’m going to win another four years is because newspapers, television, all forms of media will tank if I’m not there because without me, their ratings are going down the tubes. Without me, The New York Times will indeed be not the failing New York Times, but the failed New York Times. So they basically have to let me win. And eventually, probably six months before the election, they’ll be loving me because they’re saying, 'Please, please, don’t lose Donald Trump.' O.K."

...So, no, I don’t particularly care whether Michael Schmidt was tough enough, or asked enough follow-up questions. I care about this:

"I’m always moving. I’m moving in both directions. We have to get rid of chainlike immigration, we have to get rid of the chain. The chain is the last guy that killed. … [Talking with guests.] … The last guy that killed the eight people. … [Inaudible.] … So badly wounded people. … Twenty-two people came in through chain migration. Chain migration and the lottery system. They have a lottery in these countries. They take the worst people in the country, they put ‘em into the lottery, then they have a handful of bad, worse ones, and they put them out. ‘Oh, these are the people the United States.' … We’re gonna get rid of the lottery, and by the way, the Democrats agree with me on that. On chain migration, they pretty much agree with me."

We’ve got bigger problems.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
    until Thor told it to me."
    -
    Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

Well for the past year my stocks are doing quite well. I have been impressed with a lot of what he has accomplished this past year.
      "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

Comment

Trump's policies being responsible for the stock market boom is another of his self-aggrandizing fantasies that has been swallowed by his fans.

Business Insider: Trump just took credit for stock-market records once again — so we graded his claims

...Look no further than the chart above to get an idea of when investors lost faith in Trump's proposed policies. Returns for the most highly taxed companies, infrastructure stocks, and financial firms either leveled off or dropped sharply, hurt by a lack of progress and worries stemming from a healthcare-bill defeat.

Yet the S&P 500 rally raged on, undeterred by the policy failings in Washington. A big part of this can be attributed to the FANG group, made up of Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, and Google. If you expanded that to include other tech stocks like Apple and Microsoft, which were similarly unstoppable during the period, the collection represented the mega-cap backbone that allowed the market to continue its historic climb.

Also helping push stock indexes into the rarefied air was profit expansion. Mentioned in the section above as a minor positive catalyst, earnings growth exploded for the first- and second-quarter reporting periods, which largely occurred in April and July. The S&P 500 saw profit growth of 14% during the first three months of the year and 11% for the second quarter, its best stretch since 2011.

Long story short, the market had a lot going for it during the period — and none of it was built on Trump policy.

Can President Trump Really Take Credit for a Good Economy?

The evidence doesn't back him up.

Since becoming president, Donald Trump has made several claims that appear to take credit for improvements to the American economy, as well as gains in the stock market....

The truth is, President Trump is enjoying a strong American economy right now, but there's little evidence that the good times are a result of his policies. Before he took office, unemployment was already falling, job growth was already on the rise, and a bull market was already in full swing.

Trump would be right to brag about the jobs American businesses create and the wealth they generate for their investors, but he shouldn't be taking credit himself.

Trump Continues To Take Credit For The Economy Built By President Obama

Trump used to say the job numbers were "fake." The only thing that's fake is his continual taking credit for things that were achieved by President Obama....

Twitter Scorches Fox News and Trump for Taking Credit for Obama's Economy

It's no coincidence that Donald Trump and Fox News have been bragging about the performance of the stock market. It's an easy, albeit deceitful, distraction from the other bad news of the day. Never mind that stocks are currently in the second longest bull market in history and that it started in 2009 under President Obama. Trump has done literally nothing that would change the momentum of Obama's economy. Not a single economic bill has reached his desk for signature. But that hasn't stopped him and his propaganda division at Fox News from trying to steal the credit...

- Neil Gabler

-

Comment

Jelly bellys....so what kind of candy does he like on his oval desk......anyhow.....it makes watching CBS fun in the morning.....the segment this morning.."Button, Button....who has the button?"....and who thought football season was almost over?!!!!!!

Comment

I read the New's
            Donald Trump ,sure like taking credit for many things.......even for Merry Christmas ?
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Yep....even Donald Trump does not even know that Thanksgiving is a rotating holiday, all those extra days of retail shopping....because you know what is really insane is that folk state that they don't celebrate Christmas until after Thanksgiving, a holiday which has no traditional date.....but sure makes for a less crowded Disneyland day from all the insanity with all those extra visiting days and shopping days.....hence a retailer dream in 2017 with all those extra days.....someone has to take credit for all the profit.

Comment

Today the Liar in Chief again took credit for the economy, Tweeting:

"In new Quinnipiac Poll, 66% of people feel the economy is "Excellent or Good." That is the highest number ever recorded by this poll."

He conveniently ignored some other numbers from the poll:

Who is more responsible for the economy?

Trump: 40%
                Obama: 49%

Views of President Trump

69% Not level-headed
                65% Doesn't share their values
                63% Dishonest
                57% Not fit to serve

Number of people who approve/disapprove of Trump

36% Approve
                59% Disapprove

- Neil Gabler

-

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Evidence is building that he's in worse mental condition than we think.

Trump’s New York Times Interview Is a Portrait of a Man in Cognitive Decline

On Thursday, El Caudillo del Mar-A-Lago sat down with Michael Schmidt of The New York Times for what apparently was an open-ended, one-on-one interview....

In my view, the interview is a clinical study of a man in severe cognitive decline, if not the early stages of outright dementia....

In this interview, the President is only intermittently coherent. He talks in semi-sentences and is always groping for something that sounds familiar, even if it makes no sense whatsoever and even if it blatantly contradicts something he said two minutes earlier. To my ears, anyway, this is more than the President’s well-known allergy to the truth. This is a classic coping mechanism employed when language skills are coming apart.

For example, a discussion on healthcare goes completely off the rails when the President suddenly recalls that there is a widely held opinion that he knows very little about the issues confronting the nation. So we get this:

"But Michael, I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than the greatest C.P.A. I know the details of health care better than most, better than most. And if I didn’t, I couldn’t have talked all these people into doing ultimately only to be rejected."

This is more than simple grandiosity. This is someone fighting something happening to him that he is losing the capacity to understand. So is this:

"We’re going to win another four years for a lot of reasons, most importantly because our country is starting to do well again and we’re being respected again. But another reason that I’m going to win another four years is because newspapers, television, all forms of media will tank if I’m not there because without me, their ratings are going down the tubes. Without me, The New York Times will indeed be not the failing New York Times, but the failed New York Times. So they basically have to let me win. And eventually, probably six months before the election, they’ll be loving me because they’re saying, 'Please, please, don’t lose Donald Trump.' O.K."

...So, no, I don’t particularly care whether Michael Schmidt was tough enough, or asked enough follow-up questions. I care about this:

"I’m always moving. I’m moving in both directions. We have to get rid of chainlike immigration, we have to get rid of the chain. The chain is the last guy that killed. … [Talking with guests.] … The last guy that killed the eight people. … [Inaudible.] … So badly wounded people. … Twenty-two people came in through chain migration. Chain migration and the lottery system. They have a lottery in these countries. They take the worst people in the country, they put ‘em into the lottery, then they have a handful of bad, worse ones, and they put them out. ‘Oh, these are the people the United States.' … We’re gonna get rid of the lottery, and by the way, the Democrats agree with me on that. On chain migration, they pretty much agree with me."

We’ve got bigger problems.

There is lots of footage of Hillary coughing and stumbling her way through the campaign trail for months. (Not to mention that after she lost she went home and got tanked on wine -- her words.) But CNN branded Trump supporters as "conspiracy theorists" or "fake news" when they questioned her physical health.

Brian Stelter called it "reckless speculation."

But the author of that new book (who uses fake quotes and admits that he's not certain the content is true), diagnoses Trump as mentally ill, and now Brian Stelter says (on air!) that it's important that journalists treat it with credibility. "Americans are worried... It is fair to ask about [the president's] fitness."

I repeat...

"...reckless speculation."

"It is fair to ask about [the president's] fitness."

Also crazy:

-Three men beating up a homeless black Trump supporter in Hollywood.
                  -"Screaming at the sky" days.
                  -Obsessing over ketchup on steak, two scoops of ice cream, and how he holds a water bottle.
                  -Alternate reality websites in which Hillary won the election
                  -Rioting in the streets after election results
                  -Shooting up a baseball field of Republican politicians
                  -Burning up college campuses
                  -Kathy Griffith holding up a mock severed head.

Etc.

Comment

I think the Hall of Presidents Trump speech should include such comments as, "I'm a very stable genious", perhaps "the smartest there is" and America has become great even though we let people from "___hole" countries in. The problem with what he says in HoP is that it sounds completely unlike Trump, you know, umm, Presidential. He never sounds Presidential. Unfortunately, Trump is truly a reflection of how certain Americans think. SAD.

Comment

Comment

• Sh**hole
                        Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

• From "The Damage Trump Has Done"...

The United States survived President Trump’s first year in Washington. But the damage already done to democratic institutions at home and to our vital alliances abroad will surely linger long after the 45th president leaves the Oval Office. Trump has, in one year, laid waste to America’s diplomatic legacy, set in motion the destruction of the Republican Party and called into question constitutional safeguards that have served us well for two centuries.

Trump clearly believes a supposedly booming economy vindicates all. But this week, Forbes magazine ran a comparison of Trump’s and President Barack Obama’s economic records, which showed just how exaggerated the White House claims are that a Trump-inspired economic renaissance has swept across the United States. That Trumpian claim is so fake, it doesn’t hold water even on Wall Street.

To hear the president crow about the recent surge of the stock market, one might think the bull run of 2017 was greater during his first year than any other. But Forbes noted that stock prices grew at a faster pace during the Great Depression. Even Obama’s first year in office was more bullish, with the broad S&P 500 Index exploding by 23.5 percent compared with last year’s 19.4 percent clip.

The markets aren’t the only place where the petulant president falls short. The number of jobs created under Trump was lower in 2017 than during each of his predecessor’s final six years in office. Wage growth also declined after Trump became president. In fact, of the few areas where this president produced higher numbers than his predecessor, most were dubious achievements. The 2017 deficit under Trump climbed to $666 billion, up from $585 billion in 2016. The national debt crossed the $20 trillion threshold and is projected to rise faster in the future. And America’s trade deficit, which candidate Trump famously blamed on poor presidential dealmaking, was worse during Trump’s first year than in any of Obama’s eight. Like most of Trump’s braggadocious pronouncements, his claims clash with reality.

The president’s foreign policy pronouncements seem just as dangerously detached from the real world. The United States is less safe, less secure and less respected than it has been in decades.

America’s standing across the globe has been diminished by isolationism and angry tweets. Trump sullied the “special relationship” between the United States and Britain by blasting both the British prime minister and mayor of London after a terrorist attack. Trump insulted the prime minister of Australia, despite that country having stood by the United States during wartime for a century. The president also attacked Germany, our most steadfast ally in continental Europe, leading Chancellor Angela Merkel to tell her countrymen that they can no longer depend on the United States. Trump insulted France’s young leader by expressing support for his right-wing opponent and withdrawing — contrary to U.S. interests — from the Paris climate accords. And then came Trump’s piece de resistance for this tragic first year — a shocking slur against people from Haiti, El Salvador and countries in Africa.

All this ally-bashing was matched by Trump’s elevating the status of dictators and racist organizations....

Trump’s embrace of tyrants, coupled with his contempt for democratically elected allies, has sent the United States’ standing across the world to record lows. But the most damning legacy of Trump’s first year is simply that he has ruled as an unrepentant racist who provided comfort to white supremacists after Charlottesville, attacked black athletes to score cheap political points and fought furiously to close America’s doors to anyone who doesn’t think, look or pray like his most avid supporters.

The damage done by that cruel legacy will be lasting....

- Neil Gabler

-

Comment

Working...
                          X