Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Just danced in Don Quixote

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just danced in Don Quixote

So this is how I spent my day:

10 am- I arrived backstage at the Mello center in Watsonville. Last minute costume preparations were being done

Make up was being applied

Buns were being put up

The director Kathleen was filling in the lighting and stage crew

And debriefing all of us dancers

Up went the set

1 pm:

The dress rehearsal began:

The little fairies were so cute waiting in the wings for their turn

And backstage

My daughter Courtney was one of the backstage helpers

And so was Brittany ( you don't get to see my costume yet!)

3 pm We had a two hour break after our dress rehearsal to go eat and rest....

5:00 pm ......and then it was time to do our costumes, make up and hair again

Made sure to wear my flowers in my hair:

And finally at 6:30 pm , it was showtime!

That's me in the back row in the black and yellow

The blue birds

The tambourine players

The flamenco dancers

The "big" fairies

The lovers

Coming out for our curtsy at the end

And then after the show:

Sorry some of the pictures are blurry, but we were dancing.

And it was fun!
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 06-02-2008, 08:18 AM.

Re: Just danced in Don Quixote

adorable!!! You looked beautiful and it looks like it was great fun....and a great show!

Comment

I didn't know you are a dancer! I dance, too! That's so cool! You look beautiful!
      A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
      :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wickeddisneygurl View Post
        I didn't know you are a dancer! I dance, too! That's so cool! You look beautiful!
        ^Echo this, without the dancing too part. LOL How cool! You look fabulous!

Comment

Awesome Anne. Glad you had a great time.

Comment

So great!!! You look so good in your costume!!! Congratulations you Prima Donna!!
            sigpic
            Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

That is so cool!!!

Comment

I'm so jealous! I haven't danced on stage since I was 23!

You look mah-valous!

Comment

amazing:bow:
                  was this a town production.. lvoed it

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by kelly View Post
                    amazing:bow:
                    was this a town production.. loved it
                    Thanks Kelly (and everyone else.)

And yes, it was a town production. We have a place here in Scotts Valley called Ballet Arts Center. Kathleen is the owner and director and there are ballet, flamenco, hip hop , jazz, tap , tango and belly dancing classes.

But the studio is fairly small so the productions are usually at the community college in Capitola or the Mello Center in Watsonville.

I just thought it would be neat to show a brief example of what happens from start to finish. There are always so many last minute things to do , but then they always all come together in time for the show.

Originally posted by wickeddisneygurl View Post
                    I dance, too!
                    Awesome! Where do you dance? Have you done any productions this year?

My daughter Tiffany was in the audience last night and after the show she said "Mom, I think I want to start dancing again this fall." This made me very

Comment

That is SO cool! I haven't danced since elementary school age!
                      I want my cake back!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
                        Awesome! Where do you dance? Have you done any productions this year?
                        I dance at Sue's Performing Stars in Pacifica. It's a local studio, so we're pretty small (under 200 dancers). We only do two shows a year (two days in a row) and sometimes dance at special events. We danced at Great America a few weeks ago for their Dance Days and the show is coming up in about three weeks. I do tap, although I used to do jazz and hip hop. We're doing a jazz dance for the opening number, though, so I still get to do at least a little bit of jazz!
                        A true Disney gal…princess at heart, forever dreamer, constant believer :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                        :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics.
                          Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

Comment

BRAVO :clap:

Comment

I am involved in Musical Theatre and your photos are wonderfully evokative of a 'day in the life'.
                              That looks like a really nice performance space too.
                              WDW - 1987 & 1991
                              DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                              DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X