Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Someone hit my car, what should I do? (Man Lied)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone hit my car, what should I do? (Man Lied)

Thank you for your help everyone. Everything is in the process of being fully resolved.
    Last edited by MsSarah; 06-23-2008, 02:13 PM.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Re: Someone hit my car, what should I do? (Man Lied)

I would talk to an attorney.

Hopefully the truth will come out in the end...

Did you make sure the CHP knew they switched seats?
    Bad bad bad!

I'm sorry you're in such a crappy situation though. I totally feel for you.
    It's happened to me before.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

If you are rear-ended, it's not your fault. What did the passenger say exactly? Did he say you backed up into them?

Comment

Originally posted by CinderellaPrincess View Post
        I would talk to an attorney.

Hopefully the truth will come out in the end...

Did you make sure the CHP knew they switched seats?
        Bad bad bad!

I'm sorry you're in such a crappy situation though. I totally feel for you.
        It's happened to me before.
        Yeah, I made a VERY clear point to the CHP that they did in fact switch seats...he completely ignored everything I had to say though.

Originally posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
        If you are rear-ended, it's not your fault. What did the passenger say exactly? Did he say you backed up into them?
        Yes, that's what he said...he told the CHP that I was too close to the line so I backed up and hit them...
        "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
          Yeah, I made a VERY clear point to the CHP that they did in fact switch seats...he completely ignored everything I had to say though.

Yes, that's what he said...he told the CHP that I was too close to the line so I backed up and hit them...
          You have to get in contact with an attorney or some legal representative to find out what you can do about the situation. If they hit you and were driving drunk, they need to be punished. That is no laughing matter. I have no idea why that officer would dismiss your claim so easily. It's clearly just a case of agism. How old were the two behind you?

Comment

You need to contact your insurance company and tell them what happened and what the other guy is saying. They have accident adjustors who can investigate and tell by your pictures and damage who is telling the truth (in this case you).
            sigpic

Comment

Perhaps I am confused.

Did that driver rear-end you? If so, it is that drivers fault. Period. People cannot just 'press charges' on any issue they like.

Don't worry about this, go through the insurance process, and remember the hard part is over. You're safe, and you have a moderately entertaining story.

Comment

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                You need to contact your insurance company and tell them what happened and what the other guy is saying. They have accident adjustors who can investigate and tell by your pictures and damage who is telling the truth (in this case you).
                I was about to suggest this, but I think it would be a little more difficult to determine this in this situation, unless there is some blatant evidence which screams they hit you, as opposed to you backing up and hitting them. I'm sure they can manage it though.

Comment

Also, why do you think the driver was drunk? Police Officers have to go through several weeks of full-time training to be DRE (Drug recognition experts) so they can determine possible impairment.

Comment

Who got the ticket? I'm sure it was the car behind you, since they rear ended you. Were you injured? Why do you think the officer believed them, and not you? Have you seen the police report? Was someone else with you in your car? Did anyone else witness the accident or see them switch seats? What did you tell your insurance company? What did your insurance company tell you, after you reported the accident? Is your insurance company contacting the other drivers insurance company?

Just too many facts are not known in order to answer your question.
                    Last edited by Aladdin; 06-11-2008, 07:56 PM.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

You have to get in contact with an attorney or some legal representative to find out what you can do about the situation. If they hit you and were driving drunk, they need to be punished. That is no laughing matter. I have no idea why that officer would dismiss your claim so easily. It's clearly just a case of agism. How old were the two behind you?
                      The one who was drunk didn't even look old enough to drink...the passenger was 20 but the drunk only looked like he was maybe 17 or so.

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                      Yeah, I'm going to contact them asap - figures that the day someone hit me is the day the office wasn't open! It's the middle of the week! Jeez

Comment

I was about to suggest this, but I think it would be a little more difficult to determine this in this situation, unless there is some blatant evidence which screams they hit you, as opposed to you backing up and hitting them. I'm sure they can manage it though.

Luckily the laws are super simple regarding this.

If you are in a collison where you are hit from behind, it is the driver who struck yous fault (apologies to my 5th grade English teacher)

Unless you put your car in reverse and punch it, it is NOT your fault, and a toddler could tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                          Luckily the laws are super simple regarding this.

If you are in a collison where you are hit from behind, it is the driver who struck yous fault (apologies to my 5th grade English teacher)

Unless you put your car in reverse and punch it, it is NOT your fault, and a toddler could tell you that.
                          Thank you....my thought exactly. Was there a police report???? Your insurance company is going to want to see that - regardless of whose fault it is........

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                            Who got the ticket? I'm sure it was the car behind you, since they rear ended you. Were you injured? Why do you think the officer believed them, and not you? Have you seen the police report? Was someone else with you in your car? Did anyone else witness the accident or see them switch seats? What did you tell your insurance company? What did your insurance company tell you, after you reported the accident? Is your insurance company contacting their insurance company?

Just too many facts are not known in order to answer your question.

In reality, the insurance company doesn't care about any of these issues. They need to know the insurance carrier of the other vehicle, and who was issued a citation, plus the DR number. That's it.

Go have a nice glass of wine and don't sweat it.

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
                              The one who was drunk didn't even look old enough to drink...the passenger was 20 but the drunk only looked like he was maybe 17 or so.

Yeah, I'm going to contact them asap - figures that the day someone hit me is the day the office wasn't open! It's the middle of the week! Jeez
                              Well if he wasn't old enough, the officer would have gotten him. But, please answer the above questions to make this a little clearer for us all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X