Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney style landscaping...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disney style landscaping...

    I need some help, as some of you may know... I try and make my backyard look like its all in a Disney theme. I am currently working on a new project, and need some help choosing some plants that may help give a Disney theme to this particular area:


    I'd like to find some sort of vine plant to go on top of the hill to cover the wall, (The wall will also be painted green) And also some sort of low level plants to cover the small hill built up against the wall. I was thinking a fern garden similar to Critter Country, but am not sure. What do you think would look good and give a special DLR feel to it?

    Here is another shot of the hill I am talking about:
    The sides of the show can also use some sort of landscaping as well.

    Thanks for any help


  • #2
    Re: Disney style landscaping...

    Not sure of any help I would be, but I'd like to encourage you in your endeavor....seems quite creative.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disney style landscaping...

      You could do bamboo for a jungle cruise sort of feel, that wicker/thatched wood covering to the left in the picture seems kind of adventurelandy to me

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disney style landscaping...

        Originally posted by Megastrophy View Post
        You could do bamboo for a jungle cruise sort of feel, that wicker/thatched wood covering to the left in the picture seems kind of adventurelandy to me
        Ah yes, Actually just to the right of the top picture is what we call "Adventure Isle" Which is themed to the Indiana Jones queue, and has an array of different bamboo growing throughout the pathway. Ropes & Spanish moss help carry the feel of it a long way.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disney style landscaping...

          We have these bushes in our backyard that we trim rounded and they surround our rose garden. It's very Alice In Wonderland-ish. Maybe get some trimmable hedges and make them look whimsical? Are you going for one particular theme? Or are you blending a couple Disney themes?


          Facebook me!
          Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disney style landscaping...

            Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
            We have these bushes in our backyard that we trim rounded and they surround our rose garden. It's very Alice In Wonderland-ish. Maybe get some trimmable hedges and make them look whimsical? Are you going for one particular theme? Or are you blending a couple Disney themes?
            It can be any Disney theme really, whether it be Main Street style, Fantasyland style, Adventureland. I've just drawn a recent blank spot as to what to place in this area.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disney style landscaping...

              Why not try planting some Official Disneyland roses... http://www.jacksonandperkins.com/gar...cid/jpp000008y

              Their picture is not very good. Here are a few I just took. I put this in the ground last summer and it's just getting started for this season.





              You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disney style landscaping...

                Originally posted by JangoFett View Post
                Why not try planting some Official Disneyland roses... http://www.jacksonandperkins.com/gar...cid/jpp000008y

                Their picture is not very good. Here are a few I just took. I put this in the ground last summer and it's just getting started for this season.





                Oh thanks!! Those look very nice!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disney style landscaping...

                  You can also purchase some of those spiral shrubs or circle shaped shrubs.

                  Heck any odd shaped shrubs are very small world... if thats what you are going for. I have some in my front yard. They take a little upkeep though.

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X