This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian green bean recipe?

My parents have this great Chinese restaurant in their town. I LOVE their green beans and I'm desperate for a recipe to make them myself. They are whole green beans, in an oily, clear sauce. I can taste garlic...but, have no idea what else is in there. Any ideas? Recipes would be great! Thank you!

Re: Asian green bean recipe?

I love the way the Chinese restaurants make green beans!! We always get ours without garlic (neither of us a big fans), but they are still tasty! How about this:

Ingredients:

• 1 pound green beans
    • Sauce:
    • 1 tablespoon bean sauce (available at Asian markets; Koon Chun is a good brand, or you can substitute hoisin sauce)
    • 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
    • 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
    • Other:
    • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
    • 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
    • 2 scallions, chopped, white part only
    • 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
    • 3 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil for stir-frying, or as needed
    Preparation:

Wash the green beans and drain thoroughly. Trim the ends and cut on the diagonal into pieces approximately 2 inches long.
    Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside.
    Heat the wok on medium heat and add 2 tablespoons oil, drizzling the oil down the sides of the wok. When the oil is hot, add the beans. Stir-fry for 7 - 10 minutes, until their skins pucker and turn brown and the green beans are tender without being mushy (I find 10 minutes works very well). Remove the beans from the wok.
    Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok on medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chopped garlic, ginger and scallions. Stir-fry briefly for a few seconds until aromatic. Add the chili paste.
    Add the sauce and the green beans. Toss the ingredients together and serve hot.

Comment

Make sure you use fresh green beans too. Some people use the canned ones and they get really mushy if you over cook them. Good Luck!

Comment

thanks, guys!! I found a recipe for terriyaki chicken and thought this would make a good side dish. I hope it turns out good! I'll let you know!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
          thanks, guys!! I found a recipe for terriyaki chicken and thought this would make a good side dish. I hope it turns out good! I'll let you know!
          Cool. Any good vegetable recipe is OK with me!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X