This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving in Florida

When I say people don't know how to drive in Florida....I mean even a airplane...an airplane just landed in I-95....wonderful during rush hour traffic....wonder if he'll get a ticket.
    Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
    www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
    Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
    Favorite Sites for latest news:
    WDWNewToday.com
    WaltDisneyBoards.com
    DisneyReporter.net.ms

Re: Driving in Florida

How big of a plane are we talking, private or commercial? Not, that it really matters (it sucks either way) just curious.
    - Horizonsfan

Comment

ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando, AP) -- A small plane took off from Interstate 95 near Daytona Beach after it made an emergency landing on the highway Tuesday afternoon.

Volusia County sheriff's spokesman Brandon Haught says the landing happened earlier Tuesday afternoon in the Ormond Beach area. No one was injured.

The Florida Highway Patrol said a flight student and an instructor were aboard the plane and decided to land when the aircraft developed an engine problem.

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
      WDWNewToday.com
      WaltDisneyBoards.com
      DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Well, being able to land when an engine problem develops is better than crashing and burning.

Comment

Freeways are actually designed to be emergency landing strips. I'm glad they made it down safely.
          A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsy1052 View Post
            When I say people don't know how to drive in Florida....I mean even a airplane...an airplane just landed in I-95....wonderful during rush hour traffic....wonder if he'll get a ticket.
            what a stereotype. some in people in florida can drive just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
              Freeways are actually designed to be emergency landing strips. I'm glad they made it down safely.
              Urban Legends are a hobby of mine

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/airstrip.asp

-dave
              "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
              "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Aww, come now, not all Florida drivers are bad, its the tourists driving the rental cars that are the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
                  Urban Legends are a hobby of mine

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/airstrip.asp

-dave
                  Huh. I've never heard about them being taken over for airstrips during war time, only the part about an emergency such as this one. Bummer, dude. I wish I could remember where I heard that.
                  A signature should go here.

Comment

Florida has the worst drivers I have ever seen. It boggles the mind with some of the things they do.

Comment

Those that were not born here....maybe....LOL Thank you Aimster..you are so right. I live here, they are terrible drivers. Ever see them when it rains....OMG Imagine if is ever snowed here, they would all be at a dead stop....
                      Last edited by Lindsy1052; 06-18-2008, 01:24 PM.

Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                      WDWNewToday.com
                      WaltDisneyBoards.com
                      DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

I wasn't born in Florida and I drive way better than more than half the nuts I see on the road. Last weekend I was driving home from playing trivia... I was driving down my street (which has a speed limit of 35MPH), this sports car suddenly zoomed around me (it's a 2 lane street) going at least 50 and the person in the passenger seat stuck their arm out the window and gave me the finger! I was like... WTF?!

Then the other night just up the road from where I live there was a nasty car accident involving a Ford F150 and a Dodge Neon. One of them was going way too fast, ran a red light, hit the other vehicle (the Neon was mangled beyond recognition)... both drivers died.

Yet I get a ticket for cutting through a vacant parking lot?!

*BOGGLE*

Comment

I've actually never had a problem with FL drivers. CA drivers on the other hand ...

Comment

you could say they were bad drivers... if a driver actually tried to pass the plane trying to land

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                              Aww, come now, not all Florida drivers are bad, its the tourists driving the rental cars that are the problem.
                              Yeah, the ones that cross over 4 lanes at the last moment only to opt out of an exit only/turn only lane that is taking them backstage instead of to their resort. :croll: Where is your GPS and why don't you be quiet, listen and just use it? :lol: I guess I'm just bitter because I've encountered some crazy types of merging over around Backstage Lane.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X