Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice On Mars

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ice On Mars

    I couldn't find another thread about this, so apologies if its a double thread.

    But they've apparently found ice on Mars, yes *water* ice.

    Pretty cool
    http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2...hoenix-tw.html
    What an idiot....

    Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.


  • #2
    Re: Ice On Mars

    This happened a while back. I'm a bit of a freak about astronomy so this was huge news to me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ice On Mars

      They also found traces of SUPER EARTHS in another solar system or something. Could it possible that there's other humans out there?


      Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

      Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ice On Mars

        Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
        They also found traces of SUPER EARTHS in another solar system or something. Could it possible that there's other humans out there?
        With the vastness of space there is no doubt there are other creatures out there. Then again, many of us Earthlings think we are so important that there couldn't possibly be other life forms in the near limitless universe.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ice On Mars

          Originally posted by aashee View Post
          With the vastness of space there is no doubt there are other creatures out there. Then again, many of us Earthlings think we are so important that there couldn't possibly be other life forms in the near limitless universe.

          Yah. you konw what would be really interesting though... if we do eventually meet these aliens and they have the exact same religions!

          I really do hope to meet or see some E.T.s in my lifetime. I know that growing up in the 80s, the thought of actually meeting aliens was pretty ridiculous. But now, with what scientists are finding... it's really starting to get me mega excited about the thought!


          Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

          Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ice On Mars

            I check the Mars Phoenix site daily (along with the rovers, orbiter and Saturn Cassini websites). Simply fascinating, with awesome photos.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ice On Mars

              So glad to see there are other astronomy nuts out there in MC-Land. I'm an astrophysics major myself. I too follow the Phoenix, MER, HiRISE and Cassini projects daily.

              This has been an amazing several years for Mars exploration. Some huge discoveries have been made and it has been so exciting.

              Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ice On Mars

                I've always had a fascination with space, ever since I was a kid and saw that movie "Space Camp" for the first time. I used to lay the dining room chairs with the back to floor and pretend I was taking off.

                I've never call myself an expert but I have always found astronomy to be very interesting indeed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ice On Mars

                  Thats very cool, the new lander has really proved it self quickly.
                  Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                  trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Ice On Mars

                    So they've found ice, and salt...now they need to look for tequila, and send up a blender!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Ice On Mars

                      Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                      I've always had a fascination with space, ever since I was a kid and saw that movie "Space Camp" for the first time. I used to lay the dining room chairs with the back to floor and pretend I was taking off.

                      I've never call myself an expert but I have always found astronomy to be very interesting indeed.
                      Same here Summer, on all counts. I am simply fascinated by smapce. Thanks for sharing Tui!
                      "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Ice On Mars

                        Originally posted by aashee View Post
                        This happened a while back. I'm a bit of a freak about astronomy so this was huge news to me.
                        Fixed that for you.

                        During my college years I worked as a technician in the physics and astronomy departments. Got to test out the university's telescope quite often but the fun telescope is on Palomar mountain in San Diego County.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Ice On Mars

                          The real question is...do these "super Earths" have "Super Disneylands"????

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Ice On Mars

                            Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                            The real question is...do these "super Earths" have "Super Disneylands"????
                            Yes but they are themed poorly.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Ice On Mars

                              Originally posted by aashee View Post
                              Yes but they are themed poorly.
                              Pirates in TL huh? Bummer!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X