This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters To Disney Stockholders On Credit Fraud

Please forgive the intrusion but as a lawyer I am naturally overly paranoid and thought I'd post about this here.

I assume some of you may have gotten (or might soon get) a letter from BNY Mellon regarding your Disney stock and the fact that someone stole some tapes and may have gotten our SSN's.

I agree with Disney its no big deal but you SHOULD sign up for both the credit monitoring and credit freeze they offer in the letter just to be safe.

The odds are if anything was going to happen it would have already, but since they are making the offer, take advantage of it now.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Re: Letters To Disney Stockholders On Credit Fraud

I got the letter too and also signed up for the credit monitoring. I too was skeptical when I first received it thinking it was a fake.

Comment

The letter from BNY Mellon is nothing more than a deceptive sales tactic (fear mongering) designed to get you to enroll in a credit monitoring service provided by ConsumerInfo.com.

ConsumerInfo.com is owned by Experian and they were busted back in 2005 by the FTC for using deceptive sales practices.

Comment

No, it is not a scam

When you enroll they do not require any credit card info of any kind, so they have no way of billing you.

There WAS a theft of information.

http://www.chaos365.com/2008/05/26/b...tomer-records/
        http://bulletin.aarp.org/states/ct/a...rotection.html
        Last edited by tiggerfan; 06-27-2008, 04:50 PM.
        ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X