This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gave up wine!!!

What was I thinking? I gave up wine for lent....
    now this may not seem like such a big thing but I spend everyday all day caring for 5-7 young children (5 are under 3!!!!)
    only 6 days into lent and I feel like a fool...

What was I thinking?????????????????

anyone elso not think this lent thing thru????
    procrastibating

WEIRD!!!!

Okay, two days after Lent....I was thinking.....what have I NOT had in the last two days that I can give up......and be successful. WINE! I hadn't had wine in those two days (I usually only drink one glass a week or so), and so I decided.....I'll give up WINE for Lent, no problem. It'll be good for me, blah, blah, blah.

Well, that lasted exactly.....oh.....one week. I had two glasses last night for Valentine's Day and it didn't occur to me until the second I saw the title of your thread.

It's official. I'm going to Hell.

Comment

Okay....in addition to that, check out my SIGNATURE!!! I'm definitely going to hell! I put that on the other day after I'd supposedly given up wine!!! I just noticed that! I SUCK at Lent!!!

Comment

LOL, your sig is what made me think to actualy post my own stupidity for all the world to see....

I am so not going to make it.... I thought the same thing you did, this won't be so hard, it's not like I drink all the time...

...Well I had a really cr*ppy day and almost did it, but no...I decided to post my misery
        instead (only 34 more days till Easter... I wonder if the kids will servive my giving up wine?)

and Stinkerbell, thanks at least I know I'm not alone in my short sided planning....(did not think this thru...never again)
        procrastibating

Comment

I gave up fast food, and that lasted all of about a day. I changed to trying to keep my apartment clean for Lent. The keyword is "trying"... Oh well giving up something for lent isn't supposed to be easy...

-Stephen
          Do you remember your imagination?
          When Neverland was your destination.
          Your magical adventure isn't over yet,
          Just hold on tight and don't forget...

-Remember When, Theme of Disneyland's 50th

Comment

Now that I've been to Paris, I don't think I could ever give up wine.

Good luck.

Comment

I've given up having friends, and given my situation, its going pretty good! Woo Hoo!
              What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

:confused:
                PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
                  What was I thinking? I gave up wine for lent....
                  now this may not seem like such a big thing but I spend everyday all day caring for 5-7 young children (5 are under 3!!!!)
                  only 6 days into lent and I feel like a fool...

What was I thinking?????????????????

anyone elso not think this lent thing thru????
                  So does that mean communion is out for you as well? :confused:
                  PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Just for the record ... you are not going to Hell if you don't survive lent ...

I used to be catholic but I don't remember what I gave up any of the times I gave something up. I do know that I never made it.

I love this time of year because it's really easy to get into a SteakHouse on a Friday night.

Comment

OMG, I totally forgot about Lent.

I have no idea what I should give up?

Comment

My best friend is Catholic and on Ash Wednesday she came to work. For one thing, she was mad because the priest didn't put them center on her head.... the cross was up above her right eyebrow.

My daughter saw my friend and said... "Why the rash on your head?" My friend said, "you mean ASH?" My daughter : "umm... how about dirt?"

Oy... my kid!
                        She walks in beauty, like the night
                        Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
                        And all that's best of dark and bright
                        Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

--Lord Byron

Comment

I gave up carbs for Lent. I'm doing... well.. not quite as well as I should...

OOH!! I see we have a new LoL smilie! yay!

Comment

I feel your pain, I gave up chocolate.

Comment

the basic meat on fridays & ash wed....

(I have no self modivation for anything else...)

Comment

I have given up extra salt. I blame a former District Manager that I had at work (he salts chips even---salt junkie!) and my husband for this one. I still will use salt as called for in receipes...however....

I'm talking about the salt I HAVE to put on my eggs and potatos, and some veggies and meats. This is hard for me. I'm a salt junkie too. A week in and I doing good, but my foods don't taste right .

My husband thinks that if I can do this for Lent I can stop this forever. In therory you can break a habit if you practice not doing said habit for 21 days (longer than Lent). However last year when I did this (I gave up salt last year too), I happily made up eggs and potatos for breakfst the first morning after Lent and salted away.

Comment

Originally posted by jdramj
                                  I have given up extra salt. I blame a former District Manager that I had at work (he salts chips even---salt junkie!) and my husband for this one. I still will use salt as called for in receipes...however....

I'm talking about the salt I HAVE to put on my eggs and potatos, and some veggies and meats. This is hard for me. I'm a salt junkie too. A week in and I doing good, but my foods don't taste right .

My husband thinks that if I can do this for Lent I can stop this forever. In therory you can break a habit if you practice not doing said habit for 21 days (longer than Lent). However last year when I did this (I gave up salt last year too), I happily made up eggs and potatos for breakfst the first morning after Lent and salted away.
                                  My boyfriend has a terrible addiction to salt! He can't even eat a hamburger without putting a nice big layer of salt on the patty. Ew!

Comment

yeah, i have absolutly no intention of giving this up for good....I expect to be fully enjoying many glasses of wine with my Easter meal.....

The carbs thing would kill me, I could never do that, and the salt I did a few years ago, and never really went back to it

CrazyDreamer, thats brave, I have done that too many times...I promised myself never again....(and I have already promised myself that with wine...never doing this again)
                                    procrastibating

Comment

Stinkerbell, I would love to split a bottle of wine and whine

(and for the record at least the 5 under 3 are not mine, they get to go back to their parents at night...then I'm left with my 5 & 10 yr olds...almost as much work...)
                                      procrastibating

Comment

Originally posted by Rainfully
                                        I gave up carbs for Lent. I'm doing... well.. not quite as well as I should...

OOH!! I see we have a new LoL smilie! yay!

Dont give up carbs girl you need them...
                                        You need them to be happy.....
                                        Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X