This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Micechat WALL E meet trip report

HI everybody! Its time once again for another NW micechat meet trip report thread (as if you could not tell from the title). Anyway, we meet today in Gig Harbor, WA to see WALL E in the new Galaxy Theater. It has only been open about 2 months now.

Before everyone got there I took some pictures of the flowers.

Army Cargo plane flying overhead.

The whole outdoor shopping complex the theater is in is brand new and just had their grand opening last weekend. We had lunch at Panera Bread.

Better Fountain picture.

MMMM sandwich. It would not be a Micechat trip report without at least one food picture.

The theater is great with stadium seating, comfy chairs, and digital projection. WALL E is terrific. I also enjoyed Presto, the cartoon short. There was a trailer for Bolt (which I liked) and Beverly Hills Chihuaha (or however you spell it). I hope Disney losses a ton of money on the Chihuaha movie. It looked terrible. Really terrible. really really terrible. Bolt looked good though.

Afterwards it was time for Ice Cream at Ben and Jerrys. We were just standing in the theater lobby talking when Tinkermonkey's Monkey (ie son) let us know it was ice cream time.

Of course afterward eating ice cream it was time for dessert. I brought out my chocolate chip cookies for the group. They were a little melty from the heat, but still good. Sorry no pictures of the cookies.

Anyways, a great time was had by all. I enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting Time4Recess. If you ever are coming this way, let us know and we'll set up a meet for you.

Attendees...
    Melonballer
    Tinkermonkey and Family
    Simply Mad, ykiki and family,
    LLEBREKNIT and daughter
    InspiredByWalt and Time4Recess

7 Micechatters, 13 total.

Re: Northwest Micechat WALL E meet trip report

We had a great time (until I smooshed the Monkey's fingers in the car door when we were leaving) and it was SO good to see everybody! I'll get my pictures on here tomorrow.

I think it goes to show that it doesn't matter what we have for a reason to get together, we always have a great time.

So, what should we do next? Summer BBQ or picnic?
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

I think that is a good idea. I will also throw Zoo back out there again, just for the heck of it.

Comment

Looks like your meet was a lot of fun!

I'm going to see the movie in about 5 minutes with my hubby! Can't wait.
        My kids all saw it yesterday and loved it.

Comment

this stuff

Some kids wanted to do this more than others, but we did catch a quick shot of the Simply Mad/Ykiki kids

And their moms!

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun, wish I could have been there, especially to try one of Melonballer's famous cookies.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
              Looks like a lot of fun, wish I could have been there, especially to try one of Melonballer's famous cookies.
              Wish you could have been there, maybe next time. As I have said many times, if ever any Micechatter is going to be in the area let us know and we will have a meet. I will bring cookies.

Comment

Sorry to have missed the fun! We went to the WA state Capitol building yesterday and took the tour and then back to my area for shopping, and, then home to watch Nightmare Before Christmas and chat til late last night. Glad to see photos of the gathering. Next time....I hope to be there!

Comment

Woot! we made the round-up!

Comment

Aww, great TR! Looks like you had such a wonderful time!

Comment

Very cool get together! Thanks.

Comment

Where are Ann & Rich to tell their stories? I set them up so nicely...and everyone is left wondering what I'm talking about!

Comment

Thanks Tiff!

No seriously, I loved being called out like that. Really.

Unfortunately, I don't think sharing my story on MC is a good idea as I know folks from the company read this site and I don't want to get anyone in trouble for their random act of kindness. Remember, no good deed goes unpunished!

If you are a MC'er and want to know my fun story, I'm more than happy to share it in a PM.
                          "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Comment

Wow, wonderful pictures and report! Thanks for sharing.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Man I miss the PNW but thanks for the pictures. I can't wait to go to Seattle next month for my granddaughter's 2nd birthday.
                              Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X