Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Parents, I need your opinion

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parents, I need your opinion

You might also want to put into writing about the pick up time and if there will be any charges if the parent/parents have not picked up the child after that time. You can make exceptions in case of car trouble and other emergencies but make sure its all written out so that the parents know ahead of time the consequences of being late and not abuse you watching their children.

Another thing you could put is that you're open for other nights for individual families outside of these days/nights as long as you have advance notice? If you're willing, some parents would want the flexibility to do that instead.

Also, might want to think of having a form that lists any allergies, doctor phone numbers, cell phone numbers, etc. As a childcare provider who probably has all these things already, you know the drill. Also make sure each child has a seperate one instead of a 'family' list. Its much easier in case of emergencies to find.

I'm sure some of the things I wrote here you already thought of or already know about.
    :love: Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.:love:
    --------------------------------------------------------
    :ghug:Part of the Disney Ohana:ghug:

--------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Tinkerbelle: I think your pricing structure is GREAT. I think keeping it to specific dates is also great, because it creates a sense of urgency in your customers, so rather than "yeah, we should call her some day" it's "We have to do this when SHE offers it, here's her next date, are we gonna do it or not?"

New Year's is a great idea, as is a night in December, because people always have Christmas parties to go to, and if you announce it early, they can plan for it. Be sure they know to RSVP for that limited space. Oops, just realized you said that already.

Is Valentine's Day on a weekend this year? If so, your February could be fantastic! You could make the kids' activities about Presidents though, so it doesn't leave out the boys, and would have a nice educational bend to it

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Yup, I have Emergency contact and release forms that everyone will need to fill out
        and I will be writing a mini contract about late pick up.

probably on the emergency form...I;m going to re type it all out so it's one simple page rather than the intricate contract I have for my Family child Care.

I figured somethin along the lines of my exixting late fee of $10 per 10 minutes or portion there of (ie 10 minutes late= $10 13 minutes late=$20) tha's who my business late fees are set up and it's steep, but people show up on time....also since it is a rather selective group for now...I feel safer that way...I don't think well have problems) and on top of that if they are late (with out some really valid reason...I don't have to send them the next flyer... )

and no Valentines day is not on a weekend I checked already (dang that would have been great!)

and April 1st is a Saturday, (the big kids night) I thought we could do an April Foold Day party....
        procrastibating

Comment

Great idea!! I really like the discounts for more than one child (as a twin mom, I always ask for a multiples discount!). Check out the Family Fun website for ideas -- they have tons of fun crafts, recipes, etc.

Comment

Oh I just thought of something....should I say something along the lines of minimum 2 children registered or subbject to cancelation?????

and if so how do I word that???

because it's not really fair to my family if only one child signs up....

I hadn't thought of this, how would you suggest I handle that?
            procrastibating

Comment

We're interested.

Where are you?
              "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Comment

Maybe send out an "are you interested" type letter first to see if you get any takers.

Comment

Wow that is such a interesting idea Tinkerbelle!!! GO FOR IT!!!!
                  dMomDelta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑdMom

Comment

I'm not sure I'd put in the 1-kid disclaimer. It's a risk you take as a businessperson, but to put it in there, it'll discourage parents of single kids from wanting to use your services - and a houseful of 1-kids will net you more than two families bringing you 2 and 3 kids respectively.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

this sounds very cool tinkerbelle!! i wish you lived around here...we'd do it in a heartbeat!!

765rtjgffgjdgnuti43iiyb7ieg,g bmjmtk mkmcmmf,d.t ,.l,gl,kkktu rh586pppe9tikovkfeimmgmjmmgrj,,luko

(my son wanted to type something! LOL!!)
                      <o>

Comment

I think the idea is that if there are fewer than 2 kids registered TOTAL (that is, from ALL families involved) then there's not much point in providing the service that night. But if three families sign up, each with one kid, then it's worth it.

Now, if thirty-five families sign up, well, that's another matter.
                        "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Comment

exactly,

If only one child is signed up for the entire evening out of everyone well then that's a really long night and a lot to put my own kids through but if even 2 sign up (same family or not) then It would be worth it...
                          I also have a certain amount of expenses to put on the evening, and basicly if one kid signs up, I spend what is needed for the activities...I have made $20 for the whole night....not loving that idea....but if 2 sign up my costs are the same but I could actualy make some money ...does that seem reasonable?
                          procrastibating

Comment

Yeah, just mentioning it from a marketing standpoint. Totally understand about it not being "worth it"

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
                              That's a great idea! it's not such a huge dicount that I lose anything

but it would make it more reasonable for them...I think I'll do it, (if they ask)

I also have been thinking, some of the parents of the younger ones may not be comfortable with all night I may offer a choice of 6-midnight for $40

Again, your thoughts?
                              that sounds great! i know i would jump on the chance, i have so many of them though, i'd take up all your spaces!
                              please be afraid.

Comment

Our karate studio does these for the 4-12yo age group. Its a blast. As parents, we take turns hosting it. Its jokingly called "Mom's night out", as the karate master always stays the night and it used to be a bunch of us moms would go out together. The last year or so, we started letting the guys go out while the moms host it. They charge $25, but no crafts, just plenty of games. movies, video games (kids have tournaments) and we generally have about 40 kids, with 5-7 adults, and 4-6 teens helpers. Kids bring sleeping bags and everyone has a blast. As a parent, I always appreciated these nights to get out. I think you are on to a great idea.
                                If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X