Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

    As the holiday rolls even closer (10 days? I need to get in gear!!) I found myself realizing I never made wish lists for my kids this year. My 10 year old is into all things Star Wars & Indiana Jones (that's my daughter, btw) and my 4 year old son? He loves lots of stuff. Last year he was my hard to shop for kid because he would look at a toy & we'd immediately say "do you want that?" and he'd say "no" - even toys he'd play with in the store were put back.

    Fast forward to shopping with him tonight. There we were on the "Preschool TV Shows" aisle at Toys R Us and he was running from one toy to the next and so I took a chance and asked him what he wanted put on his wishlist. He stopped in his tracks. Looked at me, then looked at all the toys around him. He took his time and then finally answered, very loudly I might add - "Mommy! I want it all!!!"

    The entire car ride home was spent with him telling us he needed to talk to Santa. "I have a list now, Mommy. I neeeeeeed to talk to him, please?"
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

    "Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"
    * * *

    :love:

  • #2
    Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

    You are in sooo much trouble! I know your child, and he probably counted every toy on the aisle. He knows exactly how many are there. Don't try to fool him. If Santa comes up short, he will know.










    Comment


    • #3
      Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

      Cute story Tinkermonkey.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

        Aw. And can I just say how cool it is your daughter's into Star Wars? Seriously that's awesome.

        This year my mom kept asking me "what do you want for Christmas?" And normally I get the same thing every year my DLR AP then I upgrade to the highest one. This year was different though because I'm up here and I'm coming down 3 times for family stuff so I may or may not go to the parks. So I had no clue. Finally after I couldn't find my circular needles (I'm thinking they got packed in a box that wasn't labeled "Crafts") and saw someone knitting on the knitpicks Harmony interchangable needles I picked that. They're these rainbow wood needed with steel bases and just really pretty and they come in a case so no more missing needles.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

          I want an iPhone, but I can't upgrade until next March and there's rumors Apple might be announcing a 32GB HD version at MacWorld next month. So I'm going to see what happens then and go from there.

          Only other thing I want is some Rays tickets, but those don't go on sale for awhile yet.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

            I REALLY want a white christmas, but that doesn't look like it'll be happening
            Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

              HaHa so cute!!

              All I wanted was to see Clay Aiken in Spamalot, and I got that so there's nothing else on my list LOL
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...


              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

                I miss the days of Christmas wish lists...My daughter's at that age where all she wants is cold hard cash, or gift cards. :botox:

                My wish list? All I want for Christmas is anything - anything - from Sephora!
                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

                  My son's letter to Santa:

                  Dear Santa,

                  I need a RipStik.

                  Love,
                  Mason

                  :blink:
                  Which means that I need better medical insurance.

                  My friend's son's letter to Santa:

                  Dear Santa,

                  I need a football.
                  Quick.

                  Love,
                  Carson

                  Carson is 5. At least he didn't say he needed the football NOW. Quick is a little more polite, I suppose. :unsure:










                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

                    I want the Dark Knight DVD. But if no one can buy it for me, I can buy it for myself. No biggie. I'm more in the mood for giving than getting anyway.

                    I keep joking around that I'll be done shopping officially on Christmas day :lol:.

                    I'm probably going to get my co-workers gift cards though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

                      I want the canon 40D, but that is soemthing I will have to buy. I'm waiting until after april though....My job is not on stable grounds...they just announced major layoffs a few days ago.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

                        Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
                        I REALLY want a white christmas, but that doesn't look like it'll be happening
                        me TOO!!! but it NEVER snows here, let alone in the middle of summer. I guess all I can hope for is that it's not TOO hot!!

                        On my list.. a new camera, a microwave (the turning thingy in ours broke in less than 6 months over 2 years ago), a dinner set (just a cheap $20 one from target will do, we currently eat off plastic and melamione picnic ware) and the new Boyzone CD.

                        You know what Cooper (8) wants for Christmas dinner??? not turkey, not ham, not roast pork but....













































                        hot dogs!!!!!!!:lol:


                        Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                        Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

                        "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

                        Charles M. Schulz
                        Originally Posted by MWalton
                        :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

                          Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
                          As the holiday rolls even closer (10 days? I need to get in gear!!) I found myself realizing I never made wish lists for my kids this year. My 10 year old is into all things Star Wars & Indiana Jones (that's my daughter, btw) and my 4 year old son? He loves lots of stuff. Last year he was my hard to shop for kid because he would look at a toy & we'd immediately say "do you want that?" and he'd say "no" - even toys he'd play with in the store were put back.

                          Fast forward to shopping with him tonight. There we were on the "Preschool TV Shows" aisle at Toys R Us and he was running from one toy to the next and so I took a chance and asked him what he wanted put on his wishlist. He stopped in his tracks. Looked at me, then looked at all the toys around him. He took his time and then finally answered, very loudly I might add - "Mommy! I want it all!!!"

                          The entire car ride home was spent with him telling us he needed to talk to Santa. "I have a list now, Mommy. I neeeeeeed to talk to him, please?"
                          but what's on your list Tiff??


                          Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                          Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

                          "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

                          Charles M. Schulz
                          Originally Posted by MWalton
                          :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

                            A career. It could be my old one resurrected, or a whole new one. Oh yeah, some self-confidence and a new sense of well-being. I'm sure that you can handle it. I've been a really good boy this year.

                            -- Barry
                            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: "Dear Santa..." - what's on your list?

                              Originally posted by tassie View Post
                              but what's on your list Tiff??
                              My list is full of things that are unlikely for me to actually get! LOL

                              I want a laptop of my own, the funds for a new Disney AP when I go for Anniversary and tickets to see Wicked - which isn't playing in Seattle at all in the coming year as far as I can see, but it is coming to Portland (less than 3 hours away and a great city to visit) and it is also playing in San Francisco. Trouble is, no one wants to go with me. So, I guess I need tickets to Wicked, a weekend in whichever city I see it in and a friend to see it with me?
                              I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

                              "Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
                              then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"
                              * * *

                              :love:

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X