This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got New Year's Eve Plans?

I normally don't like going out on New Year's Eve anymore (I call it "amateur night"). Last year I was in bed before midnight. But this year I'm going bowling! A local bowling alley is having a New Year's bash from 9pm-1am. A couple friends of mine reserved a lane and invited me and a couple others. We get a free buffet, one free alcoholic drink plus a champagne toast at midnight.... and as much bowling as we can get in in 4 hours. Should be a lot of fun. I used to to bowling all the time when I lived up north. I have my own ball & shoes and all that.

So... what are you doing? Or not doing?

Re: Got New Year's Eve Plans?

My DH and I don't do anything. It's too scary to go out and it's too much like work to stay up 'til midnight at home.:sleep: NYE always makes me just a little sad anyway, for another year to be over. It seems to come around more quickly every year!

Comment

Nope. Stay home and go to bed around my usual time. It's no big deal to me.
      Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

The Davis (CA) Musical Theater Company is premiering "Hello Dolly", with a dinner and dancing afterwards. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it without thinking about "Wall-E" too much!

Comment

Working....but having fun doing it!
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

We are spending it with my niece and nephew playing board games and making cookies!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

We're going to DL all day til it closes. It's been a tradition of ours! We skipped once, 2 years ago, and spent an absolutely dull evening at home reading and watching TV. One day out of the year, we can stay up past our bedtimes and deal with crazy crowds. It's fun to be a part of such a huge party!
              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

We are staying up late, watching movies, pigging out on desserts and having champagne. Hubby will be leaving just five days after...so, we're trying to make the best of it.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                  We're going to DL all day til it closes. It's been a tradition of ours! We skipped once, 2 years ago, and spent an absolutely dull evening at home reading and watching TV. One day out of the year, we can stay up past our bedtimes and deal with crazy crowds. It's fun to be a part of such a huge party!
                  We did DL on a cold NYE 04 and it was totally worth it. Have fun.

((((Stitchy))))

I will be home with my kids and grandkids who love to have NYE parties . . nothing big just kids and friends and lots of noise and craziness. I promised some of my girlfriends - who I can't be with on NYE - that I would toast the new year with them too - so gotta keep the laptop close by.

Comment

Making snacks and beverages and watching DVDs with the hubby and kid. Or for real excitement, maybe we'll toss in a game (board, Wii, etc)
                    Thrilling, I know. Don't be jealous. :-)
                    Never been a NYE person.

Comment

We are down at my dad's on the Sea of Cortez. Yesterday we went to town and bought a bunch of fireworks to set off on the beach tomorrow night. The problem is, we don't think we can stay up till midnight, we will probably celebrate with New York so that we can go to bed early. How lame is that??)

Comment

Weather depending we're going to the Vanderbilt house - free admission!
                        then we're going to drink sparkling wine, eat appetizers and Panetone and play board games!
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Last year I was in LA and drove to my friend's house about an hour and 1/2 away. BIG mistake. I no longer drive or go anywhere in Los Angeles on New Year's Eve.
                          This year I'm holding a small get together in my apartment with my friends since my family is out of town. 10 are coming for sure, 4 are sleeping over because they don't drive after a certain hour. They are coming over around 4 in the afternoon and staying until about 1. I haven't seen a couple of them since sophomore year so I am excited. Should be fun!
                          "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Flying to Disney World!

Comment

Seems like since my son was born, that's a pretty big NO.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X