This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you gawk at car wrecks? Honestly?

I do. It's like a compulsion for me. Not to the point of slowing down or blocking the way for emergency vehicles and such, but if I'm driving and see flashing lights and mangled steel, it's almost like I have to look. Is it morbid of me? Definitely. And the chances of seeing something graphic or gory run high. And yet I can't not look. How about you?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Re: Do you gawk at car wrecks? Honestly?

When I'm driving, I REALLY try not to. But everybody else does and makes me slow down which makes me mad.

But If I'm a passenger, I'm gawking away.

Comment

I admit, I look. Especially where I live in a smaller town - I'm always checking to make sure it isn't somebody I know. I had the "pleasure" of driving up on a really bad accident that my husband was involved in. A girl talking on a cell phone ran a red light and t-boned him in an intersection. so, now I just have to make sure it isn't anybody I know.

Also, if traffic is already going slow, why not look.
      sigpic
      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I look, but...only to see what happened. Then, I turn away for fear I may see something I don't wanna.

Do you stare when people get pulled over? My daughter (6) does. I'm trying to break her of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
          Do you stare when people get pulled over?
          Nope. I'm usually too busy thanking God that it's them and not me.
          Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I live in a small town too so it's more to make sure i don't know the person.

Red asphalt taught me better then gawking in high school.

Comment

if im not driving I cant keep my eyes off it, total gawker!
              MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

Driving: quick look to see what happened, and where the wreckage is, see if there's anything I need to avoid.

Not driving: gawking for sure.

People pulled over: Only as much as I need to look to see where people are. Anything in my lane that I need to avoid? Usually the cop goes to the passenger window and is away from traffic.
                I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

It depends. If traffic is slowing and I have no choice but to slow down I usually will glance over. However if traffic is moving I just keep driving.

A lot of accidents happen behind my house. There is a busy intersection there. I do look at those. I'm usually the first one to call 911. The worst one happened on new years eve several years ago. Every year I think of it. It was a horrible accident.

Comment

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
                    I live in a small town too so it's more to make sure i don't know the person.

Red asphalt taught me better then gawking in high school.
                    Red Asphalt was so gross!! It totally freaked me out in drivers ed class.
                    I think everyone has that morbid fascination on some level to see what has happened, but I for one do not stare or rubberneck out of utter respect for those involved.

Facebook me!
                    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post

Do you stare when people get pulled over? My daughter (6) does. I'm trying to break her of it.
                      For a normal ticket no, but when they have them out, cuffed and they are going through the car I tend to watch a bit longer.

Comment

If I am driving I will glance over but if I am the passenger my eye is on the accident and I usually will say a little prayer that no one is seriously hurt.

As far as people being pulled over I'll give it a quick scan but unless there is more than 1 police car I usually do not pay much attention except to get into a farther lane.
                        sigpic

Comment

I try not to slow down for car accidents.

But it makes taking pictures much more difficult.
                          How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                          :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Yeah, there are even times when I pull over to see what's going on. I know, sad.
                            Why So Serious?

Comment

It's normal, like So Cal wouldn't be So Cal without the daily high speed pursuit car chases,

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X