Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

A Desperate Cry for Help in This World We Affectionately Call JavaScript

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A Desperate Cry for Help in This World We Affectionately Call JavaScript

    Techincally...

    Technically this is more suited to the Tech Lounge. But maybe someone can help me here, in the MC Lounge, my favorite haunt.

    I'm working on a Widget for Konfabulator. If that last sentence sounded Greek to you disregard it. The point is, I'm working on something in Javascript and I am helplessly stuck.

    What I am working on is a button. Now, this button, when pressed, will do whatever it is the user has set it to do. Now, when the user selects a preference, that string would theoretically contain a String, which is in fact the line of Javascript I want to run, as a function, when the button is pressed.

    Still with me?

    So, here is the code so far:

    HTML Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    
    <widget>
    
    
    
    // BigRedButton Widget for Konfabulator by The Ghost Host
    
    // You may freely redistribut and/or edit this code under the GNU Public User Liscense
    // So long as the above credit remains intact, although you can of course add "Based on..."
    
    <preference>
        <name>buttonDo</name>
        <title>Button Action</title>
        <type>popup</type>
        <defaultValue>reloadWidget();</defaultValue>
        <description>What does your button do?</description>
    </preference>
    
    <preference>
        <name>buttonColor</name>
        <title>Button Color</title>
        <type>color</type>
        <defaultValue>null</defaultValue>
        <description>Red not your style? Make your button any color you like!</description>
    </preference>
    
        <debug>on</debug>
    <window title="Big Red Button">
        <name>main_window</name>
        <width>125</width>
        <height>125</height>
        <level>topmost</level>
    
    </window>
    
    <image src="Resources/button_up.png">
        <name>Button</name>
        <onMouseEnter>
                buttonMouseOver = true;
        </onMouseEnter>
    
        <onMouseExit>
                buttonMouseOver = false;
        </onMouseExit>
        <onDragExit>
                buttonMouseOver = false;
        </onDragExit>
        <onMouseDown>
            if (buttonMouseOver = true) { 
                Button.src = "Resources/button_down.png";
            } else {
                Button.src = "Resources/button_up.png";
            }    
        </onMouseDown>
        <onMouseUp>
            if (buttonMouseOver = true) { 
                Button.src = "Resources/button_up.png";
            reloadWidget();
            focusWidget();
            }
        </onMouseUp>
        
    </image>
    
    
    
    <about-box>
    
    </about-box>
    
    <action trigger="onLoad">
        function updateBehavior()
        {
            Button.colorize = preferences.buttonColor.value;
            var buttonAction = preferences.buttonDo.value;
        }
    
        function buttonDo()
        {
            reloadWidget();
        }
        
        updateBehavior();
    </action>
    
    <action trigger="onPreferencesChanged">
        updateBehavior();
    </action>
    
    
    </widget>
    Just throwing this out there on the slim chance that someone can help. Thanks!













  • #2
    Re: A Desperate Cry for Help in This World We Affectionately Call JavaScript

    Uh.........
    She's cold and she's cruel
    But she knows what she's doin'
    She pushed me in the pool
    At our last school reunion
    She laughs at my dreams
    But I dream about her laughter
    Strange as it seems
    She's the one I'm after
    Cause she's bittersweet
    She knocks me off of my feet
    And I can't help myself
    I don't want anyone else
    She's a mystery
    She's too much for me
    But I keep comin' back for more
    She's just the girl I'm lookin' for

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A Desperate Cry for Help in This World We Affectionately Call JavaScript

      I dearly wish I could be of some help because if you're working with widgets that means that you are dealing with the most wonderful, most stable OS in the entire world and I salute you. Unfortunatly I haven't done anything with any kind of programing or code since BASIC on an Apple IIe and even my HTML is seriously seriously lacking. But you certainly have my moral support behind you all the way!!




      Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


      Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A Desperate Cry for Help in This World We Affectionately Call JavaScript

        Originally posted by penguinsoda
        I dearly wish I could be of some help because if you're working with widgets that means that you are dealing with the most wonderful, most stable OS in the entire world and I salute you. Unfortunatly I haven't done anything with any kind of programing or code since BASIC on an Apple IIe and even my HTML is seriously seriously lacking. But you certainly have my moral support behind you all the way!!
        Noope; I'm working with Konfabulator, the program that, shall we say "inspired" the Mac Dashboard. Nope, I'm happy to say I currently reside on an Hp Pavillion Desktop running good 'ol Windows XP.

        But Konfabulator IS cross platform. And I plan to create a MC Widget in due time...












        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A Desperate Cry for Help in This World We Affectionately Call JavaScript

          Konfabulator is cross platform!!!! Oh my... well even though you are using the "wrong" computer I still stand behind you will all the moral support I can muster!!

          And where did all the smiles go in the advanced reply form?




          Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


          Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A Desperate Cry for Help in This World We Affectionately Call JavaScript

            Originally posted by penguinsoda
            Konfabulator is cross platform!!!! Oh my... well even though you are using the "wrong" computer I still stand behind you will all the moral support I can muster!!

            And where did all the smiles go in the advanced reply form?
            They're under the smiley button!
            Originally posted by drunkmom
            this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s


            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A Desperate Cry for Help in This World We Affectionately Call JavaScript

              Originally posted by MiceMan
              They're under the smiley button!

              Ah... then it must be an issue with my browser because when I click on the smiley face nothing happens. Pretty much nothing happens when I click on anything in the advanced reply window so I'm thinking its a Safari thing. Yes someday I will download Firefox for my alternate browser.

              Its ok... I can imagine the smilles....




              Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


              Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A Desperate Cry for Help in This World We Affectionately Call JavaScript

                Originally posted by penguinsoda
                Ah... then it must be an issue with my browser because when I click on the smiley face nothing happens. Pretty much nothing happens when I click on anything in the advanced reply window so I'm thinking its a Safari thing. Yes someday I will download Firefox for my alternate browser.

                Its ok... I can imagine the smilles....
                Some imagination huh?

                Originally posted by drunkmom
                this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s


                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X