This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Miserable Place on Earth.

Well.. it's not Orlando or WDW per se... But Oregon! Based on a survey on the news this afternoon..
    However, the state of FL came in as the 2nd most miserable place to live... due to the miserable conditions in regards to foreclosures, debt, income, jobs available, etc etc etc...
    Why would anyone plan to move to this state is beyond me!! Maybe that is why I am always ranting? ..and the traffic in Orlando has not hit the levels seen in LA just yet!! But Miami's traffic is getting there...

Speaking of LA... care to guess where the Happiest Place is? Sorry, it's not in Anaheim... but Nebraska!!! WT...????!!!!

Re: Most Miserable Place on Earth.

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well.. it's not Orlando or WDW per se... But Oregon! Based on a survey on the news this afternoon..
    However, the state of FL came in as the 2nd most miserable place to live... due to the miserable conditions in regards to foreclosures, debt, income, jobs available, etc etc etc...
    Why would anyone plan to move to this state is beyond me!! Maybe that is why I am always ranting? ..and the traffic in Orlando has not hit the levels seen in LA just yet!! But Miami's traffic is getting there...

Speaking of LA... care to guess where the Happiest Place is? Sorry, it's not in Anaheim... but Nebraska!!! WT...????!!!!
    Don't you live in Orlando?

Comment

That surprises me. Oregon has some of the nicest parks, campgrounds recreation area's in the country because they're funded by the lottery. Its truly a beautifull state and we visit there whenever we can.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
        Don't you live in Orlando?
        Yes, I do.. but you have to know, I am only 12 minutes away from WDW, the closer you are to the Mouse, the lesser you see the real Orlando... so that's a perk.

BTW.. what's this rumor I hear about Celebration changing their town name to New Horizons???

Comment

I wanna cast my vote for Oklahoma as the worst. Seriously. I've been here 15 months....and I'm STILL trying to find that silver lining. The best I've done is....the squirrels are cute.

AS for Florida...I'm pretty shocked about that. Me and hubby are planning to move there when he retires...that will be another 10 years, though.

Comment

How is NE the happiest place?! There's nothing there but corn and silos!

(no offense to Nebraskans, or anyone who likes Nebraska. I can't talk much since Kansas is almost the same XD)
            Last edited by astrologic; 04-08-2009, 03:42 PM.

sigpic

Comment

This survey was discussed on the local channel 6 newscast a few moments ago, but I can't find the link to it in their own website. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by astrologic View Post
                How is NE the happiest place?! There's nothing there but corn and silos!
                That's who they were surveying...
                He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Happiness is a state of mind, not a state in the union, frankly.

I am moving to Florida, as soon as I secure a job.

Then things will change.

Peace,
                  Roo
                  husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post

Where is LA or Anaheim on that list if at all?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

For your sake, I do hope you can secure a job here. It's pretty difficult for people in professional careers to get a job in this market, unless you are willing to make ends meet and do tourism-related jobs to exist until something else comes up. I am hopeful the future will bring just that. Personally, I think it's deplorable that FL of all places find itself in 2nd place on that survey.

Comment

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
                        Happiness is a state of mind, not a state in the union, frankly.
                        I think one state will affect the other.

I really dislike Kansas, and honestly it brings me down so much sometimes. However, California brings me happiness.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                          Where is LA or Anaheim on that list if at all?
                          I wish I could tell you but like I said.. I am typing here with the Channel 6 newscast on. They mentioned this survey, and I went to their site but could not find a link to it!! I have not seen the survey, just know what the anchors discussed on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                            That surprises me. Oregon has some of the nicest parks, campgrounds recreation area's in the country because they're funded by the lottery. Its truly a beautifull state and we visit there whenever we can.
                            It really is, my mom's been planning on moving to Portland for like a decade XD

Comment

Portland is actually a very nice city. Love that downtown area. In fact.. anything out west I adore. I would live out there if it was more affordable for us eastern coast people.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X