Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Celebrities and flying

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrities and flying

I had one today.

As some of you know I'm a mileage whore and so for me to keep my status I needed to fly back east one more time so I did a mileage run today to Philadelphia. On my flight home I had none other than Tone Loc sitting in front of me!

I spent about 20 minutes helping him look for his cell phone that he dropped (we found it). His reading light was having issues and was like a disco light going on and off willy nilly throughout the flight, but he was cool and laughed every time it happend, he was a cool guy and his voice really does sound like that! The one drawback: I had "Wild Thing" stuck in my head for 6 hours! Come to think of it it's still there!!!

So what about you all, have any celebrities on flights you've taken that you've sat next to or near?

Re: Celebrities and flying

Good idea for a thread.

Greg Norman, the Shark (Austrailian golfer)
    Craig Barrett, Chairman of the Board, former CEO, of Intel Corporation

i've flown with them on flights. that's it.
    a friend of Walt.

Comment

Lucky for me I don't fly, only once.

I did see Former Gov. Grey Davis at the Chicago/ EWF concert a few weeks ago.

Comment

My friend is a pilot and he's flown with Angelina Jolie in his first class section. He said she is absolutely beautiful in person. Another friend of mine is a flight attendant and she met Courtney Cox...she said she was a teeny tiny thing with the smallest waist she has ever seen. My son practically bumped into Cindy Crawford, not on a flight, but in DCA. The only celebrity I 've ever met was Ronald Reagan. I shook his hand when I was in fifth grade and he was the governor of California. That tells you how old I am.

I guess I just don't fly often enough or in first class that much!

Good idea for a thread....Wild Thing!!)

Comment

Wow O-nut thats cool Hugs hope trip was well....
          :crazylegs

Comment

On the way to the Austin City Limits Music Festival 2 years ago Liz Phair and her band were on our flight (they were playing the next day...). Coincidently, we'd also seen them play a party the night before at the Avalon in Hollywood.
            Then on the flight back home to L.A. Cameron Crowe and his fun staff were on the same plane. I got meet him at the Four Seasons 2 hours before we arrived at the airport.
            Then we met again at the annual Carl Wilson Foundation benefit later that week....no, I'm not a stalker!
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

When I was a teenager, I was on a swim team and travelled nationally so we flew a lot. During that time, we met John Travolta (before he was super famous and had his own plane). He was really nice and really funny. We also went through a really scary thunderstorm with the Houston Astros. I'm not a baseball fan so I don't remember the players except Ceasar Cedeno (Basically because he was so into himself).
              sigpic

Comment

I met Zachary Ty Brian on a flight from LA to Heathrow ... it was really funny actually! We both had gotten up to use the bathroom .... needless to say I let him go first!
                Originally posted by drunkmom
                this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

I forgot another one. This was almost 10 years ago on a Chicago-LAX flight. Not a packed plane at all and I was towards the back with literally nobody around me for rows. Who walks back from first class, plops is a$$ RIGHT behind me and sleeps? Donald Sutherland. The noises that eminated from him as he slept - holy crap! Snoring, slurping, wheezing, burbling, LORDY! Then after he woke up he went back to first.

I cant see him anymore without the sounds of him sleeping coming though in my head.

Comment

A bit more obscure, I suppose, but when I was about 7, I sat next to Henny Youngman all the way from LA to NY. He was a very kind man and told me jokes throughout most of the flight. He even gave me a printed list of "Henny Youngman's famous one-liners." Sadly, I don't still have it. Here's an example of one though, for those not familiar with the comedian.

Getting on a plane, I told the ticket lady, "Send one of my bags to New York, send one to Los Angeles, and send one to Miami." She said, "We can't do that!" I told her, "You did it last week!"
                    Last edited by Motorboat Cruiser; 09-25-2005, 12:49 PM.
                    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
                    - Satchel Paige

Comment

I haven't flown with any celebs, but recently a couple people I know were on the same flight as Robert Downry Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut
                        I forgot another one. This was almost 10 years ago on a Chicago-LAX flight. Not a packed plane at all and I was towards the back with literally nobody around me for rows. Who walks back from first class, plops is a$$ RIGHT behind me and sleeps? Donald Sutherland. The noises that eminated from him as he slept - holy crap! Snoring, slurping, wheezing, burbling, LORDY! Then after he woke up he went back to first.

I cant see him anymore without the sounds of him sleeping coming though in my head.
                        O! You slept with Donald Sutherland?!! O NO!!!!!!!!!
                        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Once was with a group, and Stephen Baldwin was on board. He was hitting on one of the girls in our group... she got his number & everything (don't think she ever used it). On that same flight, we went through a very severe storm... the plane was dipping and dropping suddenly for about 20 minutes solid. Bad enough that some people were panicing, crying & praying... I was a bit worried. My biggest fear: "I'm gonna die, and no one will know, because they will only mention Stephen Baldwin!"
                          Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

^ Alec maybe!

Comment

Have flown with Gene Autry ( of course he was alive then ) and the California Angels, but it was a planned trip since we were heading to Ft. Lauderdale for the Angels Cruise back in 1985.
                              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X