This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a pirating disney site

Hey, I was browsing disney fan sites and I found a website that pirates disney audio called ******(link removed******. You think disney is aware of this site? You think they will try to get it shut down? Are there more sites like this one you think?
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 05-23-2009, 07:24 PM.

Re: I found a pirating disney site

I think the mods should remove your link. I don't think that's allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
      I think the mods should remove your link. I don't think that's allowed.
      Please report posts that go against our TOS

startours1, we don't allow links to illegal downloading sites. From our FAQ....
      There will be times when you want to share something you found on the Internet with your fellow MiceChatters. Sharing is indeed caring. But, please be careful - there may be hurdles for you to jump. When you post information, an image, video or audio file from another source, make sure you are not posting content that is copyrighted. Such materials being shared and distributed without the consent of the person who owns the copyrights to the item in question is not allowed.
      That includes links Feel free to edit the link and information from your post (which a mod will do anyway)... this could turn into a good discussion about illegal downlaoding
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

oh okay, sorry, but do you think disney knows about these sites? Do you think they even care?

Comment

They care. Copyright infringement and stealing of intellectual property is a very big deal to Disney. People have been sued in schools for using the likeness of Disney characters in classrooms...its why you can't legally show Disney movies anywhere but in your own home for your own personal use. Its why Disney had dozens and dozens of lawyers on their payrolls.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Really, u can only show disney movies in your own home?

Comment

Originally posted by startours1 View Post
              Really, u can only show disney movies in your own home?
              Private viewings are the only way to show a movie that you buy. ANY public showing of ANY movie without express written permission of the studio that owns the movie can result in fines and jail time.

Disney, however, seems to be the studio that most goes after people for this.

As for the music sites, Disney is aware of probably most of them. There are several that don't offer downloads at all and actually protect their music libraries incredibly well, even going so far as to watch the traffic streams for "stream rippers" and other such software, banning those ips from their site permanently. Disney seems to take a much less active approach to these types, but I'm sure they are watched like hawks none-the-less.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                Private viewings are the only way to show a movie that you buy. ANY public showing of ANY movie without express written permission of the studio that owns the movie can result in fines and jail time.
                Disney (and most other studios) do permit the screening of it's movies for free at what many towns do during the summer in thier parks Family Movie Nights. I know that as a fact since my community does it and have helped with the set up for many years. Disney has given thier blessings on this type of community shared veiwing. But this really is the most leeway any studio really allows. With the noted exception of some studios allowing benifit screenings of movies but that is rare.
                Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                  They care. Copyright infringement and stealing of intellectual property is a very big deal to Disney. People have been sued in schools for using the likeness of Disney characters in classrooms...its why you can't legally show Disney movies anywhere but in your own home for your own personal use. Its why Disney had dozens and dozens of lawyers on their payrolls.
                  It's also why the lawyers showed up at Springfield Elementary when the school carnival used the slogan "Happiest Place on Earth", but then Principal Skinner kicked them out. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Jessicalover View Post
                    Disney (and most other studios) do permit the screening of it's movies for free at what many towns do during the summer in thier parks Family Movie Nights. I know that as a fact since my community does it and have helped with the set up for many years. Disney has given thier blessings on this type of community shared veiwing. But this really is the most leeway any studio really allows. With the noted exception of some studios allowing benifit screenings of movies but that is rare.
                    Yes, so does mine. But the companies that are doing the screening (or the city if the city is doing it itself) have the permission of Disney to do it. That's the difference. These screenings are done with permission of the owners of the material being screened. Hence Disney doesn't go after them.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                      Like my uncle
                      Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X