This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phones at the DLR

My friend and I are going to Disneyland in 6 days and we intend to bring our Canadian (Telus) cell phones. I have established that texting is free, and I have signed up for a plan with 120 international minutes, but I am wondering if I will be charged anything just for having my phone on in the USA? Do roaming charges only appear when you place calls without a plan? I hope someone knows a bit more about this then me.

Re: Cell Phones at the DLR

You Have to call your Cell Phone Provider
    Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

They never really answer your question fully I found, but I figured that this would be the case. I find it wierd how some people think roaming charges are applied just for having your phone on abroad, and others say that its only during calls. No one really seems to know for sure though...

And so it goes.

Comment

View this link here, and see if it helps you to find more info. (Also, it looks like you may have to do something to activate the phone for use in the U.S.A.?)

US roaming: Mobile*|* Coverage and Travelling*|* Support*|* TELUS Mobility

Also, read this part carefully, as I don't know if you are on a plan or on prepaid...

A pay monthly rate plan

You need to be on a pay monthly plan, not on a prepaid plan. If you are on a prepaid plan, you can switch to a pay monthly plan.
        Prepaid is not available in the US.

If you have any questions after reading the link, you should still phone and ask them any questions you may have.

Have a great trip.

Comment

I guess there is only one way to find out. Make a call in the US and see what it charges. Sorry I'm not much help.

Comment

Ive read that page and followed the instructions, its just that no one will tell me if I will only be charged for calls. Belive me, calling them is no help.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X