Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Comic Con 2009: Who's going?

I think the title's pretty self-explanitory
    But the question is which MiceChatters will be at Comic Con 2009 in San Diego?

I'm super excited as per usual for this event and it's going to be insane.
    Here's your place to find out who'll be there, to discuss awesome panels, to geek out in general cause in less than 2 weeks the Nerd Prom begins!

Re: San Diego Comic Con 2009: Who's going?

Wish I could say I was. I know others are going and I suspect they will post soon.

Comment

I'm going!

But only for Thursday and Friday as I missed out on the 4 day passes.

The "Nerd Prom" sure costs much, much more than Normal High School Prom. And we have people in scantier clothing too.

Comment

see you guys there! lots of Disney driven content at the con this year!
        Also, D23 is supposed to be giving out gifts to members.
        http://findingmickey.com
        the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

Comment

I'll be there there entire week. Staying at the Marriott next door though I kinda wish I was in the heart of downtown like I was the past few years.

...I really go down for the geek night life.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I'll be there on Thursday! I can hardly wait! I'm not sure if I'm going to go to any of the panels. For some reason I get ADD as soon as I sit down. I more enjoy wandering through all the vendor booths.
            I want my cake back!
            sigpic

Comment

One year I'd like to check out the convention, but initially for just a day. But with the show sold out before it's even announced which seminars are on which days, makes it frustrating to plan for, especially when the even sells out a couple months in advance.

I know there was talk about moving the convention to somewhere else, because of the issues with capacity. Has there been any further talk about getting a facility that would better be able to handle the convention?
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I believe that the convention still has a lease with the San Diego convention center for a few more years.

While it has outgrown that facility, I think the city of San Diego is determined to keep it within their city at all costs and truth be told, having it at somewhere like the Anaheim or Los Angeles convention centers would just be as packed and nightmarish.

I think what really needs to be done is to take all the Hollywood presence out of San Diego and form some other event. After all, it's supposed to be about comic books!

Comment

I will be there on Thursday with my sister(TikiRoomLiz).
                  Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
                  Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

Yah or they just have to limit the number of tickets sold? And it really has gotten huge but I honestly can't think of a better location than Downtown San Diego. I mean... it's got a ton of hotels, bars, restaurants, the trolley, movie theaters, shopping... it has it ALL in walking distance.

Maybe Vegas would be the only other place that can handle it because Los Angeles sure can't. Anaheim Convention Center isn't nearly as big I don't think.

I think the Hollywood presence (and the internet) is what exploded the comic-con into something else entirely. I remember going YEARS and years ago and having a GREAT time because I got to do everything I wanted, got to buy everything I wanted, and got all the freebies I wanted.

Now you have to wait in line to MAYBE get a freebie. No thanks.

I still have a great time because almost everyone I know goes so it's just good to hang out with everyone and geek out for a week.

So anyway, where is everyone staying this year? Downtown? Hotel Circle? Friend's place?

Comment

I'll be in one line or another for the two days that I'm there so there's no need for a place to stay! )

Comment

we will be there for the whole thing and we will be staying at home. I can't wait and the kids have been asking about it for months.
                        MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

I wish I could go - Hayao Miyzaki is going to be there this year. But I already spent a lot of money at Anime Expo two weeks ago (that and CC is already sold out). But I do have a few friends who are going, so I'll get feeback on how the con goes when they get back.

Comment

im going for all 4 days and im staying at the hotel that is pretty much i believe right next to the convention center. :]
                            Next Disneyland Trip: idk..soon!!!
                            My Disneyland Birthday Trip.. November 15

Disneyland is amazing!! <33

Comment

Originally posted by Stephy View Post
                              im going for all 4 days and im staying at the hotel that is pretty much i believe right next to the convention center. :]

That makes us practically roommates! Assuming you're at the Marriott? I'll be there all week as well. It's gonna be CRAZY.

...or at least I'll be after I get some drinkies!

It's kinda funny. Yesterday, not really that excited.

Today.... it's starting really pump me up.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X