Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's Everyone From? What's Great About Your Area??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Everyone From? What's Great About Your Area??

I live in Seattle and I think it's the most amazing, beautiful and diverse city! It's so beautiful and yes...it rains, but, we have a load of beauty in the plants and trees that make up for the rainy days!!! We have Pike Place Market where you can get amazing fruits and veggies and fish. And we have so many scenic places to see. We have the Space Needle which was built for the 1962 World's Fair. (Of course, living here, I NEVER go there!) We also have so many lovely parks and waterfront areas. There's always something to do in the great northwest!

Tell me about your city! And it's claim to fame!

Re: Where's Everyone From? What's Great About Your Area??

I'm located in Big Sky Country, Helena MT. Helena is the capital of Montana with no great claims to fame.
    It is a small town with a small town, artsy feel. We are central to many beautiful places in our state including Glacier Natl Park and Yellowstone Natl Park.
    For those Brad Pitt lovers, A River Runs Thru It was written by a Mt author and shot in MT.
    Other celebrities include Charle Russell, Stephen Ambrose and our crazies claim to fame, Ted Kazinski and the Freemen.

Comment

I hail from the small town of La Crescenta. Nobody really knows where it is, and if you do know...I LOVE YOU! It's right next to La Canada Flintridge, nextdoor to Glendale, Burbank, and Pasadena. La Crescenta's a really cute little town where nostalgia is treasured and people are very friendly. It's in this great little valley where the mountains are shaped in a crescent (hence where the town's name is from) and is pretty covered with trees. It's a very quiet place where nothing really goes on, which is why parents LOVE to raise their kids here and then never leave. Claim to fame...I dunno. We've got Montrose which is a pretty popular little shopping street which has been used for films like "The Wedding Singer," "Old School," "Kicking and Screaming," "Lucky 13," "American Wedding," and countless other commercials and movies I can't remember at the moment. OH, and Eve 6 went to the local high school and we call our city "The Balcony of Southern California." OH, and as for celebrities, that kid from The Santa Clause is from here, and in La Canada, they've got Zachary Ty Bryant, Haley Joel Osment, and Shia Labouf.
      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I live in Honolulu, Hawaii. Need I say more?
        :love: Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.:love:
        --------------------------------------------------------
        :ghug:Part of the Disney Ohana:ghug:

--------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The Bay Area? What is NOT great about the Bay Area! (other than the cost of living....) Sunrises over Mt. Diablo, Early Morning cool air in the Oakland hills. Morning at a coffe shop on College Ave in Berkeley. Lunch at Jack London Square, a Mid Day ride across the bay on a ferry boat under the Bay Bridge. Early afternoon shopping at the Embarcadero, and Union Square. Late Afternoon watching the crab boats return to Fishermans Warf and watch the Sea Lions lounge at Pier 39. Dinner at Ghirardelli Square. Over to Crissy Field to watch a spectacular Sunset Over the Golden Gate Bridge. Up to Haight Street for some really good 'Medicine' for my gloucoma (<<See my squinty eye) back down to SOMA (South of Market) to hit some clubs and maybe a show.

Only to spend the next day Relaxing in Golden Gate park, Hiking Twin peaks, then taking in an evening Giants, A's, Warriors, Sharks, Cal Bears, Stanford, 49ers, or Raiders Game.
          -----------------------------------------------
          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

I am from Chicago, Illinois. Born and raised here. Wouldn't live anywhere else. (except near Disneyland, if I could drive). That is one of the reasons that I really love our city. You can get around so easy. We have a great mass transit system. I know a lot of people complain about our CTA, but it can get you anywhere, that you want to go.

Now I actually live in the city, not the suburbs. Lots of people claiming to be Chicagoans, actually live in the outlying cities. Most of those cities can only be reached by cars. I am, what is known as a pedestrian. I need my feet and my CTA to get around.

Chicago is made of many, many neighborhoods. Each one unique in its own right. Many different cultures, and nationalities, and races, and income levels are represented in each and every one of our diverse neighborhoods.

Chicago is known for its tall buildings. We have 2 Major Legue baseball Teams, 1 football team, 1 NBA basketball team and a Hockey team in the NHL. It is a tourist attraction for sure. We have a beautiful skyline, great Hotels, architecture, a great lakefront, and great shopping.

Each neighborhood has its own school and banks, and stores and malls. I remember when there wern't any Malls. It was just the corner store, where the grocer knew you by name. Neighborhoods had department stores too at one time. Or you took a trip Downtown, by "L" or Bus and shopped at Marshall Fields and Carsons, or Sears and Goldblatts.

We have DePaul and Loyola Universities. Wright Jr. College. Truman College.
            We have a huge public school system and a large parochial and private school system as well. Millions of people are educated in our schools.

Chicago has a large Park District. the Chicago Park District, dots our city. many activities are available. Little League baseball, organized basketball, swimming, gymnastics and other sports. After school programs and summer Day Camps. Chicago also has YMCA's all across the city. Each having various programs, geared to the needs of its comunities. Lots of libraries are also present.

Chicago, of course, has the usual problems of a big city. The Chicago Police and Fire Departments are present in each neighborhood, working their hardest to keep on top of things.

Il love my city. We have single family houses, as well as multi family dwellings, apartment buildings, town houses, condominiums, hotels, as well as motels. Lots of different living styles. Lots of rent and mortgage levels, spread throughout the city. Lots of real estate always for rent or sale, or being built.

Chicago is a big city. Basically Chicagoans are friendly. It is a Democratic City, for sure. Too, Too many cars. Stop signs and traffic lights, and streetlights on most of our street corners. Chicago has lots of factories, and people going to work, around the clock.

Children use to play outside more in the parks, and schoolyards around our city. Now there are more daycare and aftercare programs.

So, I got a little long here. We are always #2 behind New York, but Chicago is number one for me.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

I live in West Los Angeles, California.

It's nice.
              Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

I'm from Vancouver and I really dont want to live anywhere else in the world! We've been rated the #1 place to live in the world 3 years runnin! Like seattle theres alot of rain but our beautiful seasons and summers especially make up for the wetness. As we always say "when it's rainin down here it's snowing in the mountains" Vancouver is big on it's music culture and mountain sports! A very hip and happening place to be!
                BOO!

Comment

The OC!!! KNOW THIS: TV LIES!!! IT LIES!!!

Comment

I am from Enterprise, Utah. It is a small town.. How small is it? It's so small the mice are hunch-back! (sorry, Muppet joke.)

I moved from there to Provo, Utah for school. That place is not special.

I moved from there to Australia for a mission for my church. I lived in Sydney, Tamworth, Armidale, and Grafton. Australia is special because of their animals, their love of smoking, and their rich history.

After I got back from Australia, I moved back to Provo. Why? because I like self punishment.

Then I moved to Orlando to work at Disney World

Then I moved to Binghamton New York to chase the girl I met at Disney World.

Then I moved back to Utah, Cedar City. It's special because... I live here.

*response from everyone else: we didn't want a life story, loser*
                    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Im born n rasied in cal...grew up in Los Alamitos..I could go on and on about home but everyone knows Cal ROCKS so I will tell you some about Bowling Green, Ky the summers suck but the fall is my fave time..and Bowling Green is best known for being the Only Place the Corvette is built. there is also Lost River Cave..it was the favorite hideout of a famous Bandit (whose name escapes me now) LOL when i remember it i will edit it in

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
                        The Bay Area? What is NOT great about the Bay Area! .
                        You've got me there! I love SF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CAS
                          I'm from Vancouver and I really dont want to live anywhere else in the world! !
                          AND....you have LUSH stores, what could be better??? (From another northwesterner!)

Comment

I'm from Disneyland..............enough said!
                            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Raised in Elk Grove, CA. Got out of there as soon as i could. Nothing great about Elk Grove. I go back as few times as possible. Currently in San Luis Obispo, CA! Absolutely love it here. The town is awesome, the people are awesome, and it's 10 minutes from Pismo Beach! Great weather here too. Love everything about SLO except that it's far from Disneyland (even farther since i don't have a car here ) When I'm not in SLO I'm in Costa Mesa working for the mouse! gotta love that job. I miss it. Can't wait for December. See everyone then!
                              <o>

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X