Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where have all the "'old timer MiceChatters" gone?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where have all the "'old timer MiceChatters" gone?

I remember there used to be alot of regulars on the micechat Disneyland threads that I do not see here anymore, where did they go? I am talking about the regulars from 2003 till it seems 07 or 08, Frogberto, CrazyLegs, Soduko, PragmaticIdealist and many many others. Are they still around here?
    Last edited by CAspace; 08-01-2009, 07:47 AM.

Re: Where have all the "'old timer MiceChatters" gone?

I'm still here. I do miss those people that you mentioned...well FI could get a little uppity. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana Jeff View Post
      I'm still here. I do miss those people that you mentioned...well FI could get a little uppity. LOL
      Well I am glad your still here So where did everyone go? To another forum on MiceChat or what?

Comment

maybe facebook

Comment

Still here....most are in Private Clubs here in Micechat. Others have moved to other boards and some just disappeared.
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I saw Crazy Legs at a meet in the recent past. :crazylegs And we saw Sadako at the Park in June.

There have been a few off-shoot sites pop up that were not announced publicly and have taken some of the full-time attention away from MC.

Out with the old and in with the new!

The circle of life...

Comment

I'm still here! You meant me yeah?

I've seen PragmaticIdealist post sporadically recently. (Edit: yeah Prag was on just a few days ago in the EO thread).

But yes, there are some I miss -- fo'c's'le swab for example.

People's priorities change and they move on, I guess. I know there's some things I used to do everyday which I don't go near now, for one reason or another.
              Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
              DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

I miss Cousin Orville.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy View Post
                  Still here....most are in Private Clubs here in Micechat. Others have moved to other boards and some just disappeared.
                  Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                  People's priorities change and they move on, I guess. I know there's some things I used to do everyday which I don't go near now, for one reason or another.
                  I think these two posts kind of sum it up. The general resort forums become very much the same old same old. About 90% of what is posted is the same as it was 6 months ago. Same questions asked, same questions answered, finally people just say enough.
                  Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

I am sure this has been answered before, but where IS Fo'c's'le Swab?! He was always interesting. I get worried sometimes when long-time contributors go away. I'm a mod on a WWII forum and one of our long-time members went missing from the board and we finally found out (two months later) that he had a sudden heart attack at 49 and passed.

Comment

I sent Swab a PM about a week ago, and have yet to hear from him.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                        maybe facebook
                        Originally posted by wolfy View Post
                        Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                        I'm still here! You meant me yeah?

I've seen PragmaticIdealist post sporadically recently. (Edit: yeah Prag was on just a few days ago in the EO thread).

But yes, there are some I miss -- fo'c's'le swab for example.

I've always said that MiceChat is a living, breathing entity. Its constantly changing, growing, evolving, and with it people come and go just like in real life. Think about all the people you've ever known in your life.... over the years you are touched in one way or another by a myriad of people... some stick around, some you have in your life for a while and for one reason or another.... they move on to other things, or you move on. Or maybe its because I'm older and from personal experience have had this happen, so I have a different perspective. Do you have the exact same group of people around you and in your life that you had 5 years ago? Ten years? Fifteen?

I know for myself I've been involved with other (non Disney) forums for a while... then I lose interest or things change and I don't go back. Life isn't static, its always moving forward and few of us do exactly the same thing all the time.

Facebook has claimed some people, clubs have gotten a few, and some I think have just moved on to other things or circumstances in their lives changed and they moved on.

I've been around almost since day one, and I've seen the site grow and go through a lot of changes. Yes, there are times I miss the days when there were only a few hundred of us, I miss the personality of the site then... the interactions that we had... but we've also gained some wonderful members along the way, and I've made a lot of new friends and had some wonderful times with them, even while missing some of the old guard as it were.

Life is always moving and changing... and the living MiceChat will always keep moving right along with it...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

As a relatively new member (07, lurked since 05)and a recent return to the boards I don't feel overly qualified to post anything on this thread (I'm not a 05-06) but... sometimes people just need a break. I'd also heed the FYI. The last time something like this came up (Philosophers Thread) it did more harm then good IMHO.
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Prag and fo'c still post from time to time, but yeah, a fair number of people don't show up much anymore. I must admit...we do tend to cycle through the same conversations over and over again, which is one reason I no longer post as much as I used to. It's a natural part of being a forum with lots of people, many of whom are new at any given point in time, but it doesn't necessarily make for the greatest incentive to always come back to read and post in the next interesting conversation. (Not a criticism of the board or its newer members, mind you - as I said, it's only natural.)

Comment

And now suddenly I find myself looking at the dates to everyone's name... like a park Guest during the 50th trying to find someone who'd been there more then a year!
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X